Connected: The Docks rework in progress!

[quote=Gonen]
Favors Criminal card
Connection Pet (no cost and no suspicion gain)
Side with the Cheery Man (alas, I have not this)
Alluring Accomplice
A merry sort of crime [Renown min 20, also includes a cash-out at 1 Favour]
A visit to the Repentant Forger (no cost and no suspicion gain)[/quote]

The other three I know of are
Gang of Hoodlums (no cost)
Burglary with the Master Jewel Thief (only appears if married for no cost and no suspicion gain)
The Ruthless Henchman

It’s worth saying that I have all but two of these (and I just got divorced) so I was gaining Favors much, much quicker than my ability to use them (particularly as I have Connected: Hell 0 and Rubbery Man: 1)
edited by Parelle on 3/9/2016
edited by Parelle on 3/9/2016

You know, maybe I’m crazy or severely undervaluing Favors and Renown (Either is possible) but I’d like a permanant way to do a good (bad?) turn for the faction in question. Like “You scrach my back I scrach yours” type of mentality. Like maybe (And these are just ideas, you guys can probably think up better ones that are more/less costly) take some blame for a big crime for someone else which costs you something (Probably suspiscion) and then they pop round and go I owe ya one mate. You know somethin to earn that favor.

I currently have both Connected: Docks and Favours: Docks counters, making me wonder what the former are now used for (or maybe they just haven’t been deleted, yet).
Also a small typo in the tankard, which tells me I am now Renown: Docks rather than I have Renown: Docks. As the title of the quality (Renown: Docks) can not be changed, the verb must be.
Also: &quotRenown: Docks&quot appears under &quotStory,&quot whereas &quotRenown: Criminals&quot appears under &quotConnections.&quot I suggest this inconsistency is undesireable.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 3/9/2016

I am not eager for a future where all connection gains are card based. That’s… too many cards to try and remember. Not to mention bloating my deck that I’ve painfully streamlined.

edited by Flyte on 3/9/2016

I kinda wish I’d known this earlier - would have liked to trade in the connection first rather than having it convert to Favours while I was offline.

Edit: Turns out I already had within the past day or two, so I did alright there. But I can’t help but feel I need to keep ALL of my connections low in order to not feel that they’re at risk of being wasted when a change comes through.
edited by Kittenpox on 3/9/2016

Does anyone yet have the Quirk increased by the new Favor to Renown 15+ action? Daring maybe?

Also, one Favor of Docks gives 4 crates. We had the better deal in this, folks!

And, yes. Would very like an update on quirks at Docks renown (raising and lowering)

There’s another cash out option with “Calling Favours at the Docks” for 300 Glim for 1 Favour. Not too shabby. Not like fantastic, but not too bad.

Don’t forget if you’re unloved like me you can gain some CP of Renown (if below Level 4) and 1 Favours at the Carnival Sideshow. I suspect it’ll be 3CP like its Criminal brethren.

Indeed. But it looks like it’s heading that way.

Wait, so the Bohemians and Constables will get that too? Will be easier to get an Author then…[li]

The Favour cash-in at the Docks is now the most action efficient way to get glim, unless I am mistaken. It beats educating Lyme or stealing Mr. Leadbeater’s Fortune, at least.

I had no idea about “a Merry Sort of Crime”! That definitely motivates me to start building up my Renown with Criminals. I certainly hope a similar reward card is in play for the Docks. Or maybe even higher level cards for those with epic Renown?

Well, question. If it’s 1 action to get a Favor, then it’s epa 1.5, right? Which is quite good, admittedly. But the only repeatable Favour source I’ve seen thus far is the very low Renown +1 favour for 2 Actions + 2 tickets, which will eventually cap itself out as you also gain CP Renown.

Until now I thought the only purpose of Renown: Criminals was to limit the number of favors you could get from the carnival by locking that option when Renown reached 5. So it’s very surprising to see that my Engraved Pewter Tankard now offers me the option to spend favors to increase Renown. That seems like paying a cost to get something detrimental. Have I stumbled into the Mr. Eaten story line?

This mechanics was introduced to Criminals with the Old Bone Key. No change here.
Some don’t bother with Renown, since it has no obvious benefits besides boasting.
Some Love the idea of being maximally renowned (to the limit of stats, see the early posts).
Some use it to gain the quirk Steadfast above 10 (perhaps this will also be available to another quirk at the Docks case)
edited by Gonen on 3/9/2016

Sage advice to the navigator is a repeatable method of getting favors the docks. Expensive but repeatable.

Oh bother. I was at 7 Favours and used the Docks card, and only gained a little Making Waves. An lock like on the Criminal Card would be handy if there is a Favour to be gained here.

Hmm, when Criminal Favours and Renown were introduced, we had a bit of warning so we could dump all of our Connected qualities if we didn’t want them turned into Favours and Renown. This didn’t happen with Docks – which wasn’t too dismaying since I didn’t have a lot of Docks connected to bleed off, but I’d love some advance warning for other changes of this nature. Renown gains are a one-way street, after all, and if you miss some of those actions because you start off with very high Renown – well, there are things that you can end up missing out on.

I’m happy to let you known that you’re mistaken here- the Carnival option requires ‘at most 4’, so you can totally use it to get Renown 5.[li]