Connected: The Docks rework in progress!

[color=#0066ff]You’ll recall the update we made to Connected: Criminals in August last year.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Today, we’re implementing the same change to Connected: The Docks. Conversions into Favours and Renown are following the same pattern.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]We’re in the content this afternoon making changes, so things might look a little weird, but should settle by the end of the day GMT![/color]

Interesting. Looking forward to see how this shapes up.

I’d thought that the next connection to get this treatment would be the Constables, since they don’t interact much with other factions, and it would have allowed to balance the Criminals/Constables conflict card in terms of Favours (instead of Favours on one side and Connections on the other).

I wonder if there’s going to be an equivalent of the Criminal Favor granting cards from pets or companions, a la the Henchman and Alluring Accomplice.

I’m curious, is there any use for the Renown: Criminals quality yet?

Yes: once you are at 15, you can gain Steadfast up to Level 15 expensively (at the cost of Heartless). It also unlocks another favor granting/cash in card at Level 20 (a Merry Sort of Crime)
edited by Parelle on 3/9/2016

Renown: Criminals is also needed for one of the steps when becoming a PoSI.

Yes: once you are at 15, you can gain Steadfast up to Level 15 expensively but without a cost to your other quirks. It also unlocks another favor granting/cash in card at Level 20.[/quote]

Minor correction - it does lower Heartless. But it is a great way to climb Steadfast above level 12.
Also, I was not familiar with the option to gain another option at Renown 20. Where is that?

EDIT: Ah! The &quotA merry sort of crime&quot card. Wondered where it came from.
edited by Gonen on 3/9/2016

…am I the only one who has never found a option to increase Criminal Renown? I’m aware theres one in The carnival but I’m assumingg that only goes so high.

Try the Old Bone Skeleton Key (purchase it at the Bazaar). One time purchase, repeatable.

It’s on the Old Bone Skeleton Key.

Ah yes, now I notice it. A pity it says it can only go up to 7. I have NO idea how Parelle managed to get to 20.

Also we need such options for the Docks now. And I’d just ike to say as someone who had no idea this was a thing for the part year, a note it was a thing in game would be nice. /:

[quote=Kylestien]Ah yes, now I notice it. A pity it says it can only go up to 7. I have NO idea how Parelle managed to get to 20.

Also we need such options for the Docks now. And I’d just ike to say as someone who had no idea this was a thing for the part year, a note it was a thing in game would be nice. /:[/quote]

A new option will unveil when reaching 8.
Also, as we speak, changes are made to the Pewter Tankard (item of Docks)

Ah, favors vs. Renown. The key requires Favors: 5-7 (I think) but will increase your Renown every time it’s used. As mine was 1 when this switch happened, Renown is not too hard to increase if you have the cards for it - I’m up to 30 now (and I like my steadfast).

Looks like the conversion is continuing: I now have Docks Favors 7, Connected 32, Renown 1 (not listed under Contacts but listed as a requirement for the Expedition action). The tankard action for increasing between 10-20 is invisible and the fate action is currently locked at at Favours 6.
edited by Parelle on 3/9/2016

Criminal Favours go to 7. As far as I know Criminal Renown is uncapped as long as you have the resources and can pass the stat challenge.

Also, i just noticed something. The former Expedition Supplies now requires 5 Renown and 1 Favors Docks and 50 Rostygold. i tried checking what you get for it. 4 Supplies. So it seems it’s been made harder to use and is probably no longer the best option for supplies. But I’m not a numbers uy so someone else would ned to confirm. Either way to me, as someone who always has issues with favors in general, it seems like the worst option now.

I believe it is even BETTER. In the past, every dock-to-crates lowered 60cp. The best option to get docks (except going to Mutton island and rescue crashed ship) was via conflict card Urchins vs Docks which gave 30cp of docks. And lost 15 cp of urchins. Meaning 2 actions (and waiting for 2 cards) for 3 crates. Now you can achieve 1 Favor via card(s?) which will gain you 3 crates for 1 actions and will not loss your urchin cp.
Very win!

EDIT: Though we lost the opportunity to hastily raise connection docks via Pewter tank. So we must wait for oppertunity cards. Hope there will be multiple cards to gain Docks, like there are multiple ways to gain Criminals. If we have to wait for this one card, it will be a downside.
I am guessing there will be a Connection Pet to raise the Dock’s favors, like there is for Criminals. So that’s two cards/sources.

Certainly appears to be the case. I got it as far as 43 - I am now in the position of needing a Mood to increase it.

My main issue, and I’ll gladly admit it’s probaly not as big a issue as I make it out to be, is that (And keep in mind my experience with this is not the best frame of resource) Favors are much harder to get then CP. If we look at Docks right now it seems the only way to get one favor is by cards, which while useful is solely based around RNG. You know how many times I saw Lilac this Feast? ONCE. And apparently that’s a much more common card then Favors Docks despite the odds. The point being that Favors as is right now relies soley and entirely on luck of the draw (Unless your renown is low enough for carnival)

Oh wait, there is one other option: Fate. And I’d gladly spend fate on this game. it’s why I sub every month. But when your only option is luck or fate for favors… it kinda makes me scared for the day when EVERY connection is luck and fate.

[quote=Gonen]
I am guessing there will be a Connection Pet to raise the Dock’s favors, like there is for Criminals. So that’s two cards/sources.[/quote]

Which means I’ll have to trade out my Criminal pet for. I’m a little antsy about this too, particularly since I was expecting a bit more rekown for my Docks: 32 (none of my connections are particularly high as I started in Fall 2014). As I’d expect, you can’t use the Carnival option for grinding expedition supplies either as that caps out at Renown 4 and you need Renown 5 for the Expedition.

[quote=Kylestien]My main issue, and I’ll gladly admit it’s probaly not as big a issue as I make it out to be, is that (And keep in mind my experience with this is not the best frame of resource) Favors are much harder to get then CP. If we look at Docks right now it seems the only way to get one favor is by cards, which while useful is solely based around RNG. You know how many times I saw Lilac this Feast? ONCE. And apparently that’s a much more common card then Favors Docks despite the odds. The point being that Favors as is right now relies soley and entirely on luck of the draw (Unless your renown is low enough for carnival)

Oh wait, there is one other option: Fate. And I’d gladly spend fate on this game. it’s why I sub every month. But when your only option is luck or fate for favors… it kinda makes me scared for the day when EVERY connection is luck and fate.[/quote]

I see your point, and edited my response earlier.
Right now I have those cards on my deck to gain my Criminals favors:
Favors Criminal card
Connection Pet
Side with the Cheery Man (alas, I have not this)
Alluring Accomplice
A merry sort of crime
A visit (to the Repentant Forger)

That’s 5 or 6 cards. Probably forgot one.
I do believe they will add options to Docks as well. And in my personal taste - I have only started to seek and raise Criminals AFTER the change, since there is a profitable action behind this (well, several, but I mean the An Implausible Penance at 7 Favors).