Connected: Rubbery Men Rework in Progress

James did say “hidden across the city” not “hidden across the unterzee”. But he may have misspoken

I’ve just managed to pull An Altarful of Strangers, but it only had the old Warm Amber trade option (with regards to Rubbery connections). I realize the Fluke-Core lockout makes that unlikely, but Fallen London is nothing if not demanding when it comes to sacrifices in the name of unique rewards. Perhaps selling one’s Fluke-Core is the only way…

Please wait for someone else to check this before selling the fluke core. That’d be a pain to get back.

No branch that I can see on the Fluke-core card. I only have 2 Favours so it’s still possible that it’s a hidden branch, but I would look elsewhere first if you already have a Fluke-core and a high renown level. I’ll check around various places over the Unterzee once I get Delmar’s favours back up to 7.

I notice that the new Heist uses 5 Criminal Favors. Was it always that high, or did they bump it up? Also, could the 3rd Rubbery item be hidden in there?

The new heist is a special one with relatively rarer loot, so it is supposed to cost that much.

And no, I have Renown 50 and see nothing there. Neither is it remotely thematically relevant to warrant that.

Hmm… Other potentially unchecked, out of the way areas that I can think of are the Clay Quarter, Pickpocket Promenade, the Airs in the Forgotten Quarter (their Favor trading area is there, after all), the various coils or entrance of the Labrynth of Tigers, and the menace zones.

Edit: And the Mark of Credit card. Maybe it is like the Consonant Violin, where you have to buy it.
edited by th8827 on 5/4/2016

The Foreign Office?

Not in the Clay Quarters apparently.

Anyone who entertains the company of, has tea with, talks to, or even stays in the general area of a Rubbery should probably reconsider their life in London and polite society. You can’t trust anything that doesn’t have a spine or an understanding of the Queen’s English.

[color=#cc0099]A tantalising hint: the location of the third item will only be visible when your renown is high enough to acquire the second item.[/color]

Great, I only need to increase my Renown 20 levels at least as I started with only level 2. Can’t wait to see what’s the 3rd one once players will discover it!

Can can anyone tell me how to keep heartless above 12 without using the quirk polisher. I’ve got an alt without enough renown to get the second item but they aren’t persuasive enough to use the Brass Skull yet.

I do have another alt with 50 renown who has got the first two items but they haven’t found the location of the third yet. The message when you get the second item says [A gift from your Rubbery associates. A new item is now visible - search London to find it.] Of course it might also be hidden if they don’t have enough favours, so they will take a look everywhere they can in London after they replace the favours they spent on the items.

Edit: the wiki has way too many unlisted caps. It may not be helpful.

The wiki doesn’t show anything working above 10. That’s odd. I’ll check individual options.
edited by MrBurnside on 5/4/2016

My computer doesn’t like the wiki at the moment - it takes ages to load a page and jumps all over the place when I try to research it myself :(

Found a way to increase Heartless when it is above 12 - borrowing moon pearls from the Music-hall Singer. It lowers steadfast but that is to be expected :) Now all I need to do is draw the card to make her acquaintance again.

I’m a bit confused, so forgive me. Where do you find the first two items - I’ve checked the thread but I haven’t been able to find any hints.

The first item is on their connection card, the second one I heard is somewhere in the university, but I don’t know about that one myself.

The first item is on their connection card, the second one I heard is somewhere in the university, but I don’t know about that one myself.[/quote]
Thank you!

I just played the Constables conflict card, siding with the Rubberies. Constables dropped from 38 to 23, and I got an Antique Mystery, 3 volumes of collated research, and 60 proscribed materials.