Connected: Rubbery Men Rework in Progress

I went 64 -> 8 and a friend went 161 -> 28 if that helps.

This is very exciting!

I don’t know if this was the case before, but &quotSpend the night in the well to prove there’s nothing to be scared of&quot unlocks with 8 Daring. (Makes sense.)

Presently, favoring the Rubbery Folk on the conflict card gave me 2000 Deep Amber, 5 Warm Amber, dropped Connected Revs from 309 to 300 (not sure of CP), gave some small amount of Scandal and Someone is Coming (maybe unchanged, maybe not).

EDIT: Any word on whether you can increase Renown in Flute Street?
edited by thedeadlymoose on 5/3/2016

I went from 86 to 13. It looks like the equation mentioned before is accurate. ((Rubbery Connection - 21)/5)

My 202 Amberine Connection turned into 36 Renown.

By the way, is there any word on whether or not you’ll be able to become Closest To the Rubbery Men in the future? I have a certain soft spot for the squiddies. :D

The early and middle stepsdont gave favors.

Having an interview with a Fluke also does not grant any favors.

So, to summarize, The Rubbery Hound non-Tiger option, the machine non-Fate option and the Fluke do not grant Favors.

Iirc the only middle option that gave Connected before was to talk to the unoccupied group of Rubbery Men. Are you sure it doesn’t give favours at all, or could it be a chance of getting one?

I got an Amber Cello (Persuasive + 4) from one of the cards at a cost of 3 favors. I have also noticed a new option at the university titled “Trouble up the belfry”. It requires renown 25 with the rubbery men to and 5 favors to use. I don’t have the required renown so I don’t know what it does, but it does state that it trades for a “unique gift” and is locked when the player owns “Rubbery Bellringers”.

Unless it changed in the last half hour (after the rework, but stuff could still be changing), it doesn’t give favors at all.

Results from staying the night in the well. 7 tales of terror 2 mysteries of elder continent and someone is coming.

Are you going to turn all Connected qualities to Favors and Renown?
edited by Julias Stokes on 5/3/2016

Yep, it gives a Rubbery Bellringer. A friend of mine has Renown 50 and has looked all over the city without finding the third thing, so it’s possibly in court but more likely in a menace state.

[quote=Julias Stokes]Are you going to turn all Connected qualities to Favors and Renown?
edited by Julias Stokes on 5/3/2016[/quote]
That’s the eventual plan, yes.

First two options on the Boneless Consort opp card do not give favours.

Is it possible the third thing is in the Nadir on the Do you recall how they came to that place? Opp Card? It is a card in an unusual place with the potential to give Rubbery items…

I don’t see anything in Court… Maybe I need more favors for it to appear, though.

Possibly, though i hope not, since it locks. it’s also possible that it’s on an island, i believe, unless they explicitly said it’s in london. Which one would it be, though? Polythreme? They do have an interest in the [Many-in-One], and the greater part of that would be there.

I think rubberies are stupid and ugly

So’s your face.

From the wording from the announcement thread, I’d assume it’s in London somewhere:

I doubt it, as that card locks with a Fluke-Core. There’s also no Rubbery Man present for that card storywise, so perhaps it might appear on the other card with a Rubbery Man, An Altarful of Strangers.

Seems to me the most likely islands would be Bullbone and Mutton. It’s also worth checking the general Underzee area- maybe a Lorn-Fluke will pass by or something?