Connected: Rubbery Men Rework in Progress

So…How exactly do you gain favors from the Rubbery now? My usual methods (Conflict cards) seem to only give monetary rewards.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet: A Matter of Business now requires 10 renown Rubbery (used to be the “cheap” option on that card).

It seems the only way is through their faction card. Hope something else gets added.

Agreed, even if the source is fate-locked via Flute Street or the Boneless Consort.

If you are POSI - a Polite Invitation can give Rubbery favours when you interact with the Rubbery Man at Time Passing 5 and 2.

There’s the Tentacled Entrepreneur. Apparently he gives Favours if you’re lucky.

But I agree that things do seem a tad sparse at the moment. Surely it wouldn’t have been unreasonable for Flute Street to give out one at the end of the Carousel.

So will we finally get a use for the Rubbery Skull?

It seems the only way is through their faction card. Hope something else gets added.[/quote]

Hmm… we don’t need any base requirements for the faction card, do we?
Neither I nor my alt. were able to draw any rubbery card since the change (RNG, right?)
edited by Gonen on 5/4/2016

No requirements on the Rubbery faction card, I’m looking at it now.

It seems the only way is through their faction card. Hope something else gets added.[/quote]

Hmm… we don’t need any base requirements for the faction card, do we?
Neither me nor my alt. were able to draw any rubbery card since the change (RNG, right?)[/quote]

I was able to draw the Faction card upon going through the usual Carnival chain (starting from 0/0), which is to say 6 Favours,5 Renown. Not to say it couldn’t be drawn earlier.

So I’m taking a vacation in the Mirror-Marches right now, and thought it may be of interest to note that a certain card there is now unlocked with Rubbery Renown 5, whereas formerly it was Connected 5. It doesn’t do anything other than lower my nightmares a bit, though.

aw man, I wound up just a couple renown points short of 25. They were my highest connection too, but I guess 136 isn’t that high by you guys’ standards!
So what do the new options on the pulsating amber do? And where do we get more rubbery favors these days?
edited by KatarinaNavane on 5/5/2016

Woo! My previous Connected To was high enough to get the item at the University, so I did that first instead of the option on the card. (The echo is here, if you’re curious.) I haven’t been able to find the third one yet though, though I poked around looking for it. I wonder if it only unlocks after you get both of the first two items.

I’ve been doing A Polite Invitations a few times now; the Time Passing 5 option either doesn’t always give favors, or doesn’t after a certain level. The most recent time I did it gave me &quotFavours: Rubbery Men has not increased past two&quot.

It seems to be a 50% chance, like for example the option on the Smoky Flophouse card that has a chance of giving a criminal favour.

[quote=KatarinaNavane]aw man, I wound up just a couple renown points short of 25. They were my highest connection too, but I guess 136 isn’t that high by you guys’ standards!
So what do the new options on the pulsating amber do? And where do we get more rubbery favors these days?
edited by KatarinaNavane on 5/5/2016[/quote]
One boosts renown, one gives a favor for fate, and one gives austere at the price of hedonist. You can get the favors from the connection card for the rubberies or from a specific card in A polite invitation, though the latter is only a chance rather than a certain. I would use my initial favors to start the climb to 25, as it gives a companion one point better than the best non-fate unprofessional item for persuasive, which is itself as rare as an overgoat is expensive- in fact, it’s found once in almost an overgoat’s worth of surprise packages, on average. As such, this is a good goal to aim for.

[color=#C2B280]There is in fact a way to gain Favours in Flute Street; it looks like it wasn’t showing up due to a content bug. That should be fixed now.[/color]

Hang on, has anyone found the 3rd Rubbery item? Because I just did.

(I can’t do it, but I found it)
edited by fallingkitten on 5/5/2016

I haven’t seen anyone else reporting it. Where is it?

[quote=fallingkitten]Hang on, has anyone found the 3rd Rubbery item? Because I just did.

(I can’t do it, but I found it)
edited by fallingkitten on 5/5/2016[/quote]
I’m aware that I won’t be able to get it any time soon, but care to shed some light? I’m sure someone else can get it so the mystery will be solved!
In any case, congratulations on your find!