Connected: Rubbery Men Rework in Progress

Another renown action that increases Steadfast. Well, I guess I don’t need to worry about burning Steadfast on Flash Lays for quite a while…

Oh, so am I. I’m halfway through the carousel.

Note that if you have no renown at all, you should use the carnival rather than the Pulsating Amber.

Raises Steadfast and lowers Heartless.

connected:321 was enough for: Renown: Rubbery Men 50 - OTHATHAROOTH!
connected:198 was only good for: Renown: Rubbery Men 35 - SSOSSOFFOOROSSTH

Any chance we could know what the next faction slated for conversion is?

[quote=narcomanic]Hm, just pulled the Rubbery Men connected card. Apparently my favours got maxed out in the revamp but since I received no Renown at all, the only option I had was to accept a damp gift, which was around 2000+ nodules of deep amber at the cost of all my favours.

How do I get Rubbery Renown? It said to use a Lump of Pulsating Amber, is that actually available anywhere yet?[/quote]

The Pulsating Amber has always been available in the store. I can’t check where specifically because I’m in Flute Street, but you should find it easily enough.

Also, did you also get Warm Amber from that action?

I just has an alt check the Polite Invitation to see if using the Rubbery options gave any favours. Time Passing 5 said favours haven’t changed (so it might give a favour); Time Passing 2 did give a favour and Time Passing 1 didn’t mention favours at all. So if you are lucky it looks like it might be possible to get 2 favours at the party
edited by reveurciel on 5/3/2016

So what are the levels that you need for these items? I see 10 and 25.

Oh, so am I. I’m halfway through the carousel.[/quote]
Which end choice are you picking?

Yep. That’s the third now… mmm :/

Oh, so am I. I’m halfway through the carousel.[/quote]
Which end choice are you picking?[/quote]

Ah, coordination! That’s a good idea. I can’t do the Diocesan Intrigue-related option because I have what it gives. I’ll try the other option on that storylet first.

EDIT: Nothing there.
edited by MidnightVoyager on 5/3/2016

[quote=th8827][quote=narcomanic]Hm, just pulled the Rubbery Men connected card. Apparently my favours got maxed out in the revamp but since I received no Renown at all, the only option I had was to accept a damp gift, which was around 2000+ nodules of deep amber at the cost of all my favours.

How do I get Rubbery Renown? It said to use a Lump of Pulsating Amber, is that actually available anywhere yet?[/quote]

The Pulsating Amber has always been available in the store. I can’t check where specifically because I’m in Flute Street, but you should find it easily enough.

Also, did you also get Warm Amber from that action?[/quote]

Oh, just found it - I must’ve seen it before, but I’d always thought it was the same thing as the nodules of Warm Amber as it has the same icon. :P And no, I don’t remember getting any Warm Amber from the damp gift option, so I’m not sure if its source has changed too.

So we’ve got one at 10, one at 25- if you find a third one, please post it. meanwhile, what’s the renown 10 equipable offer?

Flute street: No favours along the carousel. At the end there is a choice &quotA closer look at their devices&quot which used to give 18-19 connections and now does not (+2 appalling secrets to the prize. that’s it).

This will not stand!

Helping out the Tentacled Entrepreneur with the Time Remaining 5 option at the party just gave me a Favour, so it looks like it’s a chance of favour gain. The Time Remaining 2 option also gave me a Favour. The Time Remaining 1 option only gives Society Connections for now, but the amount of Deep Amber granted was bumped up a little.
edited by Kaigen on 5/3/2016

106 Connected -> 17 Renown

My 147 Connected turned into 24 Renown. Did anyone get any info on the Amber Cello option on that lovely new Faction card?

Looks like the formula is renown = floor((connected - 21) / 5), measuring both in levels, not change points.

edit: Actually, this gets a couple of data points wrong. It has 37 -> 3 instead of 4 and 147 -> 25 instead of 24. It’s very nearly correct though.
edited by Guy Scrum on 5/3/2016