Confessions

I’m trying to keep my nightmares and build my scandal/wounds up if people want to send an invite or two my way.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Maybe at the end we’ll get to redeem our Confessions for prizes! Though I would hope this wouldn’t involve revealing the secrets we were trusted to keep.[/quote]Yes, that is something that I have wondered about. All this trust being put into strangers wearing masks. Well, mostly strangers. I suppose it could help to have confessions that have gone both ways though, unless it’s that famous dilemma, where the one who goes first wins, while the one being betrayed gets punished. :(

And then, some time afterwards, we get rewarded for any trust we still have left. :)

I stand ready to confess my guile and curiosity to any who would hear. Further sins may be added at a future time.

Alas, I am neither I nor my alts are PoSI. My wounds are now 4 and Scandal is now at 3. I am presently in the process of committing foolhardy deeds to increase my nightmares as well. Should anyone desire confessions requiring those requirements, do send a message and I will see what I can do. The user name is Lady Strange.
edited by Lady Strange on 11/9/2013
edited by Lady Strange on 11/9/2013

I’m ready for a confession of pride if someone wants to hear one. Apparently, if you’re allied with the Glass in Mahogany Hall, you can get lots of menaces by sabotaging Peppercorn? I’ll be trying it, so with any luck I’ll be available for more confessions soon. I still have a backlog of violence and curiosity confessions though, so lay off on those please!

I’m constantly working on my wounds and nightmares. Accepting confessions for this and will be trying to send confessions to people in return! :)

I’m trying to keep all menaces at three for the duration and will respond to as many confession requests as possible.

It took a couple of days, but I’ve finally managed to send confessions to all 20+ people who requested them.
(Had to reject one, as I believe the person sent me a request twice, so I couldn’t accept it).[li]

I’ll keep my Scandal and Suspicion at 3 for a while (really easy to do with equipment), so if anyone else is interested feel free to send me requests.

Oh my this is tough I have accepted all the invitation I have received so far. I’m going to need some time to build up my menaces again before I can get any more though. Any one got a spare Starveling Cat I can borrow for Hallowmas, I will return it after the event as I am past the stage of needing one and, unfortunately, gave my last one away.

But I am trying to send out some invitations of my own and hardly any of the poeple I have confessed to appear to have their menaces at a suitable level either:( Or maybe some of them are not POSI.

[li]

You may very well find a cat has mysteriously appeared in your mailbox, Lady Ciel.

Why thank you kind sir. I will return the monstrosity after Feast of |Masks. Now I will spend some time raising my wounds and nightmares, in order to have more sins to confess:)

I’m a PoSI and I’ll soon have enough menaces for the two higher level confessions, if anyone wants that.

I’ve been spending so much time trying to respond to confession requests that I’ve barely been able to send out my own! And those that I have sent are taking quite a while to pay out. With everyone trying to flood everyone else, it looks like this could take a while.

I’m currently blowing through my entire stock of Black Wings and laudanum in an attempt to raise my wounds, that seems to be the hardest menace to raise since there’s no equipment that boosts it. And I still have two pride requests to deal with aaaaah x_x

Try to get your hands on a Starveling Cat. Easy Nightmares and Wounds menaces. Edit: Actually, eh. It’s not going to happen that soon so I’ll send it to you, if you want him for the moment.
edited by Alonois on 11/10/2013

Thank you! I’ll return it after the hubbub is over.

Hello! Feel free to send me a Confession request, maybe. Usually I have higher Scandal and Wounds, less Nightmares and a lot less Suspicion (it’s kinda a pain to grind up now). I might send you a confession req. in return but I have a hell of a lot of people I haven’t sent confessions to, so it may be a while.

My Menaces fluctuate a lot, but my Talkative Rattus Faber (never thought I’d find a use for him) is ensuring that I fail enough to keep them coming back, so please send me some Confession requests- I have a lot I need to get off my chest. [li]
Also, can anyone tell me if there are any faster ways to increase Menaces that do not involve Seeking a certain Name? I will be truly grateful!

I tried this–this is why it took me so long to get back to confessions, people who sent me them. Yes, it bumps all menaces, but it also drops you down from 20 to 17, so I think it’s probably not worth it, as it takes so long to go back up. Well, admittedly, I haven’t done the math, and you do get rewards from grinding that unlike some of the other options, but I personally found it so tedious and boring that I’m going to stick with my Starveling Cat, speaking of terrible things at the Palace, and lecturing in the Forgotten Quarter.

[quote=Tani]My Menaces fluctuate a lot, but my Talkative Rattus Faber (never thought I’d find a use for him) is ensuring that I fail enough to keep them coming back, so please send me some Confession requests- I have a lot I need to get off my chest. [li]
Also, can anyone tell me if there are any faster ways to increase Menaces that do not involve Seeking a certain Name? I will be truly grateful![/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]Scandal - quickest and easiest way is if someone sends you a Dupe from Attend to Matters of Society and Scandal - instant scandal 3. The person who sends the invite does not need to have any scandal.[/li][li]Wounds - when your wounds are at 3 get someone to send you a poison a friend (the healing dupe) make sure you use it when your wounds are at 3, takes wounds to 5.[/li][li]Suspicion - the only one I know is if you are a Scholar of the correspondence - give a public lecture.[/li][li]Nightmares - seeking Curios and Secrets in the Foreign Quarter has some options that are likely to give nightamres[/li][li]For both wounds and nightmares a Starveling Cat is very useful[/li][li]
[/li][li]

[quote=lady ciel ][quote=Tani]My Menaces fluctuate a lot, but my Talkative Rattus Faber (never thought I’d find a use for him) is ensuring that I fail enough to keep them coming back, so please send me some Confession requests- I have a lot I need to get off my chest. [li]
Also, can anyone tell me if there are any faster ways to increase Menaces that do not involve Seeking a certain Name? I will be truly grateful![/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]Scandal - quickest and easiest way is if someone sends you a Dupe from Attend to Matters of Society and Scandal - instant scandal 3. The person who sends the invite does not need to have any scandal.[/li][li]Wounds - when your wounds are at 3 get someone to send you a poison a friend (the healing dupe) make sure you use it when your wounds are at 3, takes wounds to 5.[/li][li]Suspicion - the only one I know is if you are a Scholar of the correspondence - give a public lecture.[/li][li]Nightmares - seeking Curios and Secrets in the Foreign Quarter has some options that are likely to give nightamres[/li][li]For both wounds and nightmares a Starveling Cat is very useful[/li][li]
[/li][/quote][li]

I see. Many thanks!

The Starveling Cat, The Starveling Cat!
What in the world would I want with that?!

Well, now I know.