Confessions

Just had a thought how about if someone sends me some “Poison an acquaintance!” from the Invite a Friend to something potentially dangerous option while my wounds are above three. I’ll be happy to reciprocate if someone else needs a way to raise their wounds

That ineffective &quotremember me&quot ticky box has been a tiny but real aggravation to me for a long time. Thank you.

In Spite, try to sneak a sip of brandy. If you fail (luck, odds strongly against you), you increase wounds and suspicion.

Be careful though, because if you succeed it sets your wounds back to 0.[li]

It’s not set to 0, but it does decrease your Wounds.

I shall be endeavouring to keep my menaces up whenever possible for not only Mr Mercutio, but also for my alts, Galatea LaChance and Shaded Snow. All three are PoSIs, and will gladly share their sordid confessions with whomever comes calling. I’ll try to keep the nightmares and other terrible things at a medium roar.

By the by, has anyone noticed a mysterious “item” bonus to one of their stats upon receiving an invitation to confess? Two of my fine folk have an extra +10 to their Dangerous right now that my equipment just doesn’t seem to account for, and they both received invitations to confess to violence…

My alt had +20 Dangerous with only +17 worth of equipment, and has both sent and received confessions of violence.

Ack, I am a foolish fool! I reequipped and now my bonuses are matching my equipment again. Come back mysterious boost… come back…

Hmm… I seem to have an extra +6 watchful and +5 dangerous. I’m going through my messages now and have accepted invitations to confess my errors of Whimsy (twice), Curiosity, Skullduggery, and Violence. Of the invitations I’ve sent that have been accepted, I’ve heard confessions of Impropriety (twice), Skullduggery, and Violence.

Unless my count is off, if these stat increases are associated with confessions they certainly don’t all behave the same way. I’ve both given and received suspicion confessions and my Shadowy is exactly where it ought to be, for example.

Yep. Just checked my count by fiddling with my equipment and… it’s gone. And now I’ll be left wondering if it was ever there, or if it was just a display error from juggling so many different menace hats around.

Some information people might find helpful:

• Accepting an invitation to any of the four basic Confessions reduces the relevant Menace by 10 change points – enough to take it from 4 to 0, This means that if you’re raising Menaces on purpose, any efforts to increase them above 3 will generally be wasted.[/li][li]Confessions is a pyramidal quality, like Watchful or Dangerous. It takes 1 change point to increase from 0 to 1, but 5 to increase from 4 to 5. All Confessions give 1 change point except for the SMEN one, which doesn’t affect the quality at all.[/li][li]You can only accept an invitation if you have the necessary Menace levels when you do so. Since accepting reduces your Menaces, you may have to raise them again before you can accept all the invitations you’ve received.

I’m still willing to accept invitations to confess; please direct your enquiries towards Impropriety and Whimsy, since these are the ones I can become eligible for most easily.

[quote=Flyte]Some information people might find helpful:

• Accepting an invitation to any of the four basic Confessions reduces the relevant Menace by 10 change points – enough to take it from 4 to 0, This means that if you’re raising Menaces on purpose, any efforts to increase them above 3 will generally be wasted.[/li][li]Confessions is a pyramidal quality, like Watchful or Dangerous. It takes 1 change point to increase from 0 to 1, but 5 to increase from 4 to 5. All Confessions give 1 change point except for the SMEN one, which doesn’t affect the quality at all.[/li][li]You can only accept an invitation if you have the necessary Menace levels when you do so. Since accepting reduces your Menaces, you may have to raise them again before you can accept all the invitations you’ve received.

I’m still willing to accept invitations to confess; please direct your enquiries towards Impropriety and Whimsy, since these are the ones I can become eligible for most easily.[/quote]
Do confessions of Pride and Whimsy only give a single change point too? I expected them to give more.[li]

[quote=Hex]Do confessions of Pride and Whimsy only give a single change point too?[/quote]They do. They’re not an extra powerful option for PoSIs; they’re a way of making it harder to increase Confessions once it gets to three.

Also, sorry if you’ve sent me an invitation and I’m taking time to respond to it – I’ve received a whole bunch and am having to raise Menaces to work my way through.
edited by Flyte on 11/9/2013

I’m available to confess to anyone. I’m wearing Scandalous gear and engaged in suspicious lecturing in the Forgotten Quarter, so those are the Menaces I have most reliably, but I’ll accept anything I can. My username is the_antichris.[li]

[Edit: Forgot to mention my alt. sfa_ok2001, also available to confess, Menaces permitting.)
edited by the_antichris on 11/9/2013

Seeking a Seeker to exchange confessions with. My username is ‘Zeek’. Feel free to add me and send the confession required, my menaces are already above 5 so I am ready.

Just so’s folks knows, Esther’s account name is specifically “Ms Esther Ellis-Hall” - she’s available for every sort of pre-POSI menace confession.

Hey guys!

andrasteluna is willing to confess her various misdeeds.[li]

Do we know if there is a point to raising Confessions, or is it just for the fun of it?

Maybe at the end we’ll get to redeem our Confessions for prizes! Though I would hope this wouldn’t involve revealing the secrets we were trusted to keep.