Christmas Wishes in Fallen London

Just to clarify: If I don’t click on the Rat nothing can happen and I can safely keep it forever and ever?

I’ll gladly accept it if you still want to get rid of it.

I’m largely candleless as well and would be happy to accept unwanted Rats of Glory.

It is consumed with use. And I believe it can activate on its own, so you want to decide what to do with it reasonably quickly. If you have no valuable candles, though, you lose nothing by taking the risk… and may get as many as 7 Enigmas, like your humble obedient.

– Mal

Turned the Rat in to the Company. Mixed feelings. On the other hand, my new army is awesome. On the other… so many dear companions turned obsolete…

So, uh, am I the only one who can, for some reason, see all 25 windows on the calendar today, and not just seven of them?.. Is it supposed to be this way? Is it a bug? Is it affecting anyone else or just me?
I haven’t yet opened any other windows, but the temptation is fairly difficult to resist.

Assuming you have no candles or don’t care about candles is it possible to keep a rat of glory indefinitely? Or is this auto-activation going to consume it eventually?

I have alts who have been in possession of a Rat of Glory for the past year and it was dormant the whole time.
Frankly, I have no idea if it really can on rare occasions wake up on its own, or if the waking up can only occur when trying to use or send it.

[quote=Mikarissa]So, uh, am I the only one who can, for some reason, see all 25 windows on the calendar today, and not just seven of them?.. Is it supposed to be this way? Is it a bug? Is it affecting anyone else or just me?
I haven’t yet opened any other windows, but the temptation is fairly difficult to resist.[/quote]

I can see the outline and number on all of them, but they don’t open.

[quote=Sackville][quote=Mikarissa]So, uh, am I the only one who can, for some reason, see all 25 windows on the calendar today, and not just seven of them?.. Is it supposed to be this way? Is it a bug? Is it affecting anyone else or just me?
I haven’t yet opened any other windows, but the temptation is fairly difficult to resist.[/quote]

I can see the outline and number on all of them, but they don’t open.[/quote]

Ah, it turns out I cannot open them either :D It’s just that I couldn’t see the outlines and numbers before today, so I freaked out a bit when all of them suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Thought it might be a bug or something. Thanks for answering :D

But if you have rare candles you want to protect, then the Rat of Glory poses the same risk, whether you use it or send it away - both options come with a risk of the sleeper agent activating.

The only safe option is to turn it into a Scurreting Squad (or using Fate, of course).
The game doesn’t clarify if just keeping it in the inventory poses a risk or not (I have alts who held on to one for a year and nothing happened).

Not sure why you’d want to keep a Rat of Glory indefinitely, but as long as you don’t have any candles from Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name and sell your Luminosity items when you get them, I don’t see any harm to it. (Still: the Scuttering Squad is really buff, and if you don’t have it, you should get one.)

GLORY BE!

[quote=Mikarissa]So, uh, am I the only one who can, for some reason, see all 25 windows on the calendar today, and not just seven of them?.. Is it supposed to be this way? Is it a bug? Is it affecting anyone else or just me?
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]All is well! I’ve updated the first post to reflect the change:

Edit, 7th Dec: We’ve buffed the advent calendar so it works across more browsers! We also filled in the rest of the windows, to address a misunderstanding that it was simply a desktop background. Now you get to hunt and pick at doors to your heart’s content. [/color]

Speaking of glory, anyone with Time the Healer on Monday got any snow?

[quote=dov]
The game doesn’t clarify if just keeping it in the inventory poses a risk or not (I have alts who held on to one for a year and nothing happened).[/quote]

Aha, thank you! That is what I’ve been trying to establish because the text sort of seems to imply it can come awake without you doing anything.

Completionist tendencies. Or on an off chance it might open up a branch somewhere sometime

[quote=Hannah Flynn][quote=Mikarissa]So, uh, am I the only one who can, for some reason, see all 25 windows on the calendar today, and not just seven of them?.. Is it supposed to be this way? Is it a bug? Is it affecting anyone else or just me?
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]All is well! I’ve updated the first post to reflect the change:

Edit, 7th Dec: We’ve buffed the advent calendar so it works across more browsers! We also filled in the rest of the windows, to address a misunderstanding that it was simply a desktop background. Now you get to hunt and pick at doors to your heart’s content. [/color][/quote]

I see, thanks for clarifying :)

If the Squid is a guaranteed score, then unless you wanted to send the Rat to someone who can’t be sent more mundane Rats, or were really feeling lucky (or reckless), then getting the Squid should be a no-brainer even if you already have something better, because they’re worth quite a few Echoes in the Bazaar. Of course, if the Squid is random, then it becomes more chancy, but if you have candles you want to keep, it would be very risky to do anything but give it to the Scuttling Company.

– Mal

Oh man, I’d love to have a candle made from rat turn into a squid!

So that’s what the Rubberies where looking in the basement for yesterday!