Announcing Mr Chimes’ Grand Clearing-Out

I’m enjoying this event! And so excited to get the sites done and see what we uncover! The rewards are very cool, too, I’m quite overwhelmed with new doo-dahs!

One thing I think would make it better, though, is slow down the pace of acquiring the unique rewards so as to make it hew a little more closely to the pace of progress in the digs. Not so slow that it’d be hard to get them unless you do nothing but dig for the whole however many weeks, because that would get to feel punitive for players that aren’t as obsessed, but enough that you have some reward high points waiting for you for a little longer as you keep progressing so as to act as an extra motivation for the middle stage of the dig when it starts to feel like we’ll never get there, rather than being all clustered at the beginning when everyone’s revved up.
edited by enail on 7/21/2021

[quote=Toran]I think I’m going to make an all-brass skull bird with 7 necks, de-Amalgamy it and see how many biscuits that creates.[/quote]I’ve been feeding him brass-headed mammoths with either ivory or jurassic legs and plaster tails, but I’m looking to swing big on an eight-spined freak with enough legs to put a centipede to shame. Get those pies!

Went ahead and did that with a Bouquet of Eight Spines, 8 brass skulls, 2 ivory femurs (and 2 bat wings), got around 390 crates of biscuits, which is worth about 24 uses. It’s gonna be a long grind.

Kinda agree on the fact that we may be better at focusing on one dig site. Though how do we get everybody to shift their focus I don’t know. Spite is at 9.5% for food.

At the rate they’re currently going, both Moloch Street and the University will be done with digging in another 4ish days. Fueling will be 8 days from now for each of those. And once one dig site shuts down, that’s going to drastically snowball into all the other ones.
edited by Toran on 7/21/2021

Another quick way to pump biscuits out of the bone market is with headless skeletons which you can get for free in marigold and brass skulls. If you want 30 biscuits quickly, that’s the way to go.

Yup. And then you have to do research to raise your reputation, and buy equipment to raise the pace of the research. I looked into it but it’s longer term for me. You have to get the lab operating quite well to get to the bone market.

I’m happy with digging. Those magnificent diamonds are really important to me: I need heaps of bejewelled lenses, and the cash from signs and reliquaries and such comes in handy. That fancy smock will be mine so much sooner than I imagined! And new watchful hat & boots! I’ve got all the specials now, so I’m just cash & jewel grinding. I’ve got the dig level 21 reward 4 times, now but no 22.

My initial stockpile (7500 tea, 1000 pies, 500 biscuits) should run out tomorrow. Not sure how to proceed after that. Biscuit skeletons are low EpA

Seems like the way to proceed is headless skeleton + brass skull. It’s a minimal skeleton that basically serves to convert brass skulls to biscuits. Since the rewards are worth more than the inputs cost, you can just sell them to buy more skulls.

Headless Skeletons are amazing because the parts can all be sourced in a simple and straightforward manner. But if you’re using other frames, I would encourage you to consider taking advantage of Bone Market Fluctuations to turn out a Reptile.

I’ve liquidated my existing inventory of Leviathan and Prismatic frames. It’s a no-brainer to get the 10% Reptile Bonus for Leviathan frames, just slap two Ivory Femurs on and call it done. For Prismatics, it’s a bit of a trade-off because you have to cap off two valuable Skull slots. But the 10% bonus value was worth 23 biscuits, almost as much as a whole Brass Skull on its own, which I felt was worth the opportunity cost.

If you’re going to use an 8-necked frame, you probably might as well stick all the skulls on it or what’s even the point. But personally I’m not going to use that skeleton until next week. If we’re lucky we’ll roll Bird Week.

Digging at Spite.

(Delving 21)

5 x Mourning Candle
1 x Unlawful Device

Seems like hitting Delving 21 or 22 is rarer compared to hitting 20. If only we could see the actual % chance of the outcomes.

The increase in Delving with each additional digging is random too.

[quote=Bluestocking]

I’m happy with digging. Those magnificent diamonds are really important to me: I need heaps of bejewelled lenses, and the cash from signs and reliquaries and such comes in handy. That fancy smock will be mine so much sooner than I imagined! And new watchful hat & boots! I’ve got all the specials now, so I’m just cash & jewel grinding. I’ve got the dig level 21 reward 4 times, now but no 22.[/quote]

Oooh, I don’t have that yet. I’m guessing that’s one of the Delving 21 rewards, I don’t see that ever offered for Delving 20.

I’m guessing Unprovenanced artefacts, Flourishing ribcage and Aeolian screams are rewards from fueling, not digging. We shall see.

Someone on the Wiki said the Emetic Relevation is a reward when your Delving hits exactly 15.

edited by fishandchips on 7/22/2021

I’m unclear on what you mean by &quotthat&quot. Perhaps I was unclear, too. Bejewelled lenses are a thing you make at the Bazaar sidestreets, and they need the diamonds - the golden reward at level 20. The Smock of Four Thousand Three Hundred and Eight Pockets is a thing that I plan to buy at the bazaar, for which I need lot of cash (420 echoes).

Level 21 is a suitcase with mourning candles and an unlawful device.

Level 22 I have not seen yet.

I am more and more convinced that stats matter. The pattern of my alt going much more slowly than my main persists.

You’re correct, Artefacts, Ribcages, and Screams are all rewards from the food-supplies options.

Emetic Revelations can be obtained from either, as it turns out. From food options, you get four of them in the 15-17 range (and Nightmares, which is annoying). From Digging options, it seems to be a rare success and also some varying text which is a little spooky.

I hadn’t considered this before but it would explain why i always go straight to 8+ progress on my first swing. Wonder what it’s based on specifically?

In my mad rush to F E E D and D I G I’ve just realised something daft. Do…do we know if the progress for Digging and Feeding is separate, or cumulative towards unlocking the dig’s rewards since they have separate progress bars? That is, would it be quicker if we were all to focus on digging OR feeding, or should progress on the dig be measured in the two added together?

Edit: Also, for what little it’s worth once Moloch Street is complete I’ma liquidate my 3.5K Scrip for the sake of contributing biscuits for the University.
edited by Captain Blood Storm on 7/22/2021

You have to independetlly fill each of the three progress bars - digging, fuelling and funding, for each of the locations. Funding is already done.
Means, no, you cannot substitute one for another, in the end you’ll have to do everything.

An updated visual timeline of our progress so far, which really highlights how quickly we ate through our food preparations. But, even with that, we’re still chugging along quite nicely, especially in Moloch and the University.

I’d forgotten that there’s an easy source of these now. Off to farm them, because you’re right. That’s blatantly the fastest way to convert echoes to biscuits. And doesn’t burn off more valuable resources.

I’d forgotten that there’s an easy source of these now. Off to farm them, because you’re right. That’s blatantly the fastest way to convert echoes to biscuits. And doesn’t burn off more valuable resources.[/quote]

Is this more efficient than fighting for biscuits with the Dockers?

Is the easy source in question Saint Trezigor’s Folly, or have I missed a better source? It seems like just buying them with jade would end up being easy, but rather expensive.

Can I ask for a quick idiot’s guide to how to make the headless skeleton and bright brass skull one? Is that all you need? Main has a few headless skeletons, I think, but I’ve never got into the skeleton niceties and this isn’t the time.

Main is mass-producing Viric Frocks and selling for scrip then buying biscuits, bot not sure how sustainable this is over two weeks.
edited by Nathalia on 7/22/2021