Announcing Mr Chimes’ Grand Clearing-Out

[quote=Rostygold]I have no idea how to get the exact levels of the qualities that are needed to get the equipment items.

Why exact levels? It would have been easier to just make them available as long as the minimum levels are reached and reduce the CPs according to the options taken.

The game already has the system that is used for Sort the Results of Excavation. This could have been used instead.[/quote]

I think with each consecutive digging the level increases. Some rewards require an exact level e.g. 8, others a range e.g. 8 to 9.
And for the unique Election items e.g. Poisoned Pen, if you already have it you can’t get another one. The small icon is greyed out and tell you that.

I’m digging behind the Blind Helmsman and up til now my finds (more or less in Delving… order) are:

• Partial Map
  • A Pre-Lapsarian Speaking Tube at Delving… 5

reset

• 2x Compromising Document
  • Polythreme Drinking Vessel at Delving… 11

reset

• Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory (Delving… 10-11)
  • Thirsty Bombazine Scrap (Delving… 12-13)
  • Baptised Rattus Faber Corpse
  • A Poisoned Pen
  • London Street Sign
  • Wax-Hardened Boots at Delving… 17

reset

• Anticandle
  • Emetic Revelation
  • F.F. Gebrandt’s Patent Illuminating Cap at Delving… 21 (but 20 is needed, reset anyway)
  • Ratty Reliquary and Magnificent Diamond

The rewards seem to be capped at Delving… 20 since I got there two times digging, one time I got the Cap and the second time the Reliquary and the Diamond instead (but I saw the option for the Cap), and both times Delving… got reset.

The same seems to apply to Fueling the Excavation - I got to 20 one time (still at the Helmsman) and also got the option to get the Cap, but I already acquired it from digging - instead, I got a Primaeval Hint at Fueling… 22.
edited by LittleNietzsche on 7/20/2021

Do certain options reset Delving? Once my Delving was reset at 14.

The unique rewards reset it, and so do the options at Delving 20 (which is the end of the carousel, so you get to pick one 20-level reward, even if not unique, then reset and start again.)

EDIT: that should read, “at or above level 20”. I didn’t realize there were discrete rewards for level 21+ until I happened across one! And indeed, anything at or above level 20 resets the carousel.
edited by hwoosh on 7/20/2021

“Exactly 21” feeding at University gave me a tragedy fragment.

Apparently the tables are the same at every place, only number itself matters.

Right, so as they said “While the activities hidden beneath them vary, all the dig sites are more or less mechanically identical.”

So I guess what that means is that while the thing uncovered after the dig is completed will be different in each area, the process of excavation itself and rewards gained thereby are the same across all of them.

[quote=fishandchips]
So each (non-Fate) player is only allowed to get 30 Scrips? And redeem them for one reward? Or keep them for future?[/quote]
That’s correct. That seems to be FBG’s new model for Festival rewards. There are some items that can be obtained through progress, and there are some items that are Fate purchases. But the use of &quotevent currencies&quot means players can pick one Fate item for free.

The FAQ in the announcement seems to indicate this currency will not be useful after the conclusion of the festival.

[quote=LittleNietzsche]I’m digging behind the Blind Helmsman and up til now my finds (more or less in Delving… order) are:

• Partial Map
  • A Pre-Lapsarian Speaking Tube at Delving… 5

reset

• 2x Compromising Document
  • Polythreme Drinking Vessel at Delving… 11

reset

• Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory (Delving… 10-11)
  • Thirsty Bombazine Scrap (Delving… 12-13)
  • Baptised Rattus Faber Corpse
  • A Poisoned Pen
  • London Street Sign
  • Wax-Hardened Boots at Delving… 17

reset

• Anticandle
  • Emetic Revelation
  • F.F. Gebrandt’s Patent Illuminating Cap at Delving… 21 (but 20 is needed, reset anyway)
  • Ratty Reliquary and Magnificent Diamond

The rewards seem to be capped at Delving… 20 since I got there two times digging, one time I got the Cap and the second time the Reliquary and the Diamond instead (but I saw the option for the Cap), and both times Delving… got reset.

The same seems to apply to Fueling the Excavation - I got to 20 one time (still at the Helmsman) and also got the option to get the Cap, but I already acquired it from digging - instead, I got a Primaeval Hint at Fueling… 22.
edited by LittleNietzsche on 7/20/2021[/quote]

Hmmm… seems like I have everything on the list except for Emetic Revelation.

I already have the Ratty Reliquary from Spite + Someone is Coming 3 by being incredibly lucky.

Someone earlier mentioned that Aeolian screams, Flourishing Ribcage and Unprovenanced artefacts can also be obtained by digging. I’ve yet to find any of them.

I was hoping the new currency had an option to ask the Numismatrix about. She doesn’t have one yet at least.
Also, do any of the new items unlock options anywhere?

Got A Large Suitcase at 21 (containing An Unlawful Device).

Actually I got those items when fueling with biscuits and peppercaps. Aeolian screams and Unprovenanced artefacts twice, and three Flourishing ribcages.

It looks like we won’t hit even 10% on any site today. So my projection is at least 3 weeks of festival.

Yeah, I think their estimate of 1-2 weeks was pretty rosy. Especially with the food costs.

Yeah, I don’t know just how much of relevant supplies everyone has stockpiled, but I’m gonna run out tomorrow and after that my contributions will slow significantly. It doesn’t seem like it’s really worth it for endgame players to swing a pickaxe, EPA-wise.

I’m a bit confused by the fact they don’t seem to tell you how much Chthonic Scrip the two smaller fate options will get you. That’s pretty important for deciding whether/which to buy!

The announcement article (on the blog at https://www.failbettergames.com/announcing-mr-chimes-grand-clearing-out/ ) says &quotThis new currency is 1:1 to Fate (10 Fate buys you 10 scrip), but it exists so we can tie Fate purchases to progressing specific dig sites&quot.

But not everyone reads blog posts (or forums, discord, wiki, etc), so I agree it would be good to mention it on the purchase actions. (I think the only reason the 120 Fate option already does is to emphasise that 120 plus the free 30 is enough to buy all the new fate items from the festival, and any more will be wasted.)
edited by Tigerfort on 7/20/2021

I believe Chthonic Scrip goes at 1:1 ratio with Fate across all three options. At least that’s what FBG clearly stated…

It’s always 1 Scrip for 1 Fate, so it’s pretty easy to devise. But, yeah, a bit confusing.

As a low-mid player (is there a definition?), I can see me spending the next week just digging. The bombazine is handy for my wedding and the diamonds are so necessary for lenses. I do wish I could sell some of the items, though. I have zero use for a pre-lapsarian speaking tube!