Announcing Mr Chimes’ Grand Clearing-Out

Cups is among the worst. I’m glad it’s dead.

Silver got the stat to 102% with her Reported Location (thanks for letting us pitching in with the other 1.5kE items, FBG), sooo 24h from about now?

[quote=Dagforth]I don’t suppose anyone has found a reason to raise Searching the Rubble higher than the minimum?

aside: I have plenty of scraps saved up over 2 and bit years, but now I actually want to spend some in a hurry I’m left hoping one of two Very Infrequent cards will show up in the next day. Arrgh![/quote]

I did. Just a waste of actions.

Damn. Here I am still at the cold hand of RNG:
Need to Draw “Respectable Passengers” to turn Powder into Secret College because I HAVE an Unsealed copy of the Crimson book but I will NEVER give it to Page.
Hate that one.
I wish I could help Wine or Iron, but a bit too late to farm Blood or Breath of the Void.

I gave the Secret College, because it’s easier to farm that than the others. Despite not working with my boys Apples and Spices.

Hmm…wonder if the reward is different for each gift. It doesn’t sound like it is.
edited by DuskWanderer on 7/28/2021

Despite being a player of many years, I didn’t have any of the things. Though in the Upper River the ‘Respectable Passengers’ card was already waiting in my hand. So obviously I went with that, super easy and quick.

I’ll just say that this event gets more and more intresting.

Yup. I really like this event. And I like being Mr. Cards too. Yup, yup. Gave Mr. Spices some booze, again. Because I always do that. Yup. I may be a bit tipsy myself. Yup.

This is difficult. I have what may be London’s preeminent collection of Breaths of the Void- I have 14. But I’m not sure I feel like I can spare one. Collecting them is one of my greatest Fallen London joys. (They all come from scraps. I haven’t done the railroad action that gets you one.)
That said, Master’s Blood and the College aren’t hard to come by, and now that I can visit the Nadir again I guess a Fluke Core is just a matter of time, too… hmm…

[quote=MadmanAtW]This is difficult. I have what may be London’s preeminent collection of Breaths of the Void- I have 14. But I’m not sure I feel like I can spare one. Collecting them is one of my greatest Fallen London joys. (They all come from scraps. I haven’t done the railroad action that gets you one.)
That said, Master’s Blood and the College aren’t hard to come by, and now that I can visit the Nadir again I guess a Fluke Core is just a matter of time, too… hmm…[/quote]

Ah, you can only give one thing. I think I’m thankful for that, but I hadn’t realized (had perhaps not been reading closely enough here), so in case anyone else didn’t realize, there it is.

I decided to save a falling tomb colonist as this new stage of the event started, but my internet flickered and missed the actual event resulting from that decision. Does anyone know how trying to save the falling tomb colonist works out?

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/NNNnobody/23350152

Okay, just noticed that the World Quality, Saving the Citizens of London, is over 1000000. Now what? I don’t see a new storylet, yet.

I guess we’ll learn tomorrow. Probably we’re again moving much faster than FBG envisioned.

I gave Wines the vial of his former friend’s lifeblood that I collected when I killed him. Sad to lose it, but I didn’t have any of the other items and it seemed fitting, somehow.

I guess we’ll learn tomorrow. Probably we’re again moving much faster than FBG envisioned.[/quote]

Or maybe it needs to be 1000000 for each of the three locations you can do rescues in. I was in Ladybones at the time, I think. I’ll have to check all three.

A Reckoning Postponed is now at 1. London’s Plight locks when it hits 20.

I think it’s a doomsday clock.

More specifically, the part where you’re coerced to volunteer your most prized possessions mentions that storylet sticking around for a day before the event proceeds. We’ve hit our two progress checkmarks (super-expensive items and saving people from ruins), and now we’re on the timer.

Enjoy the intermezzo. Act III begins tomorrow.
edited by PSGarak on 7/28/2021

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/NNNnobody/23350152[/quote]

Thank you kindly.

This is so much better than Elections, truly. I wonder what they’ll do next year.