An introduction feels a little counterproductive.

I’m at 60’ish, is there anything that … I mean, 30 points would make it 90. There’s things that I could do with that huge jump… those turns would grant more stat, and better items so… maybe I should?

edit: Wait, unlock, permanent unlock? There’s something I might grab that way?
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/18/2014

Yes, perhaps you could unlock an area. Though that probably also cost a lot of resources, and might not give you any storylets you’d want to play.

You might also be able to use a mood to pass one of the four stat requirements for becoming a PoSI, or even initiate that storyline at your lodgings. The first stat required to be 100 is Dangerous, so that would be the one to go for if you can’t already get it to 100. Then I guess the Clayman Coalman might have something to say about a certain Ambitious Barrister.

How to explain Counting the Days and Pocketful of Loose Change? You will count the days with certain actions. Cards and various storylets scattered around London will raise the quality, though the number of days you’ve counted and other factors will determine which options you can use when. Once you’ve counted a fortnight you will have a chance to gain a unique bit of currency if you have enough loose change to trade for it. Count the days again and again to obtain unique items, or you can nab valuables based on which faction you are closest to.

Okay, I’ve made up my mind. I’ve saved the rewards of time for the last month…

I got the searing, and it looks like it’s mostly used for seeking something … unfortunate.

I think … yes, I am selling this one. More money then I’ve ever even seen before.

(also, I got Vanced, again. It’s shocking how often I draw it)

[quote=Ben ]I’m at 60’ish, is there anything that … I mean, 30 points would make it 90. There’s things that I could do with that huge jump… those turns would grant more stat, and better items so… maybe I should?

edit: Wait, unlock, permanent unlock? There’s something I might grab that way?
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/18/2014[/quote]

Like eg the Flit takes Shadowy 60 to unlock, so the mood would let you unlock it early (though there’s not a lot of advantage to that)

The Labyrinth of Tigers, Mahogony Hall, and the University also all take a minimum stat level to get started in (along with some other stuff)

if you like dangerous storylets that much, go ahead and unlock wolfstack first. it’s not relatively expensive if you’ve been grinding alot just for echos.

flit is the cheapest to unlock, free at 60 shadowy as mentioned above. it has many options for grinding specific resources and connections once your shadowy is high enough.

2nd cheapest higher-tier area would be forgotten quarter. it can be very rewarding if you’re lucky but requires a bit more patience than flit. also you need to dig up certain stones there to unlock all the storylets in the university. that area will also frequently increase your nightmares, but don’t worry about it. mirrors are fun! more fun than rivers anyway.

I went and used my mood to help me with an expedition.

Bloody is it expensive to setup for one of these things though.

I’m not big on dangerous, more of the watchful sort, to be honest.

And now I’ve bitten the bullet and tasted the unknown…

… have to wonder who’s mind I am tormenting. Maybe someday I will meet them.

I seem to have discovered what happens when you have cards left, and spaces for them, but no possible cards to draw.

Wow, what a drain on my resources, building up for expeditions … I’ve settled on raising my docks to 10 with the carnvial, then hiering zaliors for labor. Takes many turns, but it gets it done.

If I had faster ways to get the secrets, 200 a whack, wow…

And all this just to reach scholar, to unlock the university…

There’s a dock unlock at my lodgings, I’ve been poking around to see if there’s another way, might be faster to raise zailors connection if I do.

Figure I’ll get there eventually.

Yeah, the Whispered Secrets option for getting Expedition Supplies is better after you’re actually in the University, not building up to it. You’ll get there.

Honestly, I gave in, I surrendered and gave over 30 visions…
I can always grind them up the next time I see the Vance card…

Now I have myself a new trouble, I’m rather upset at myself. I was generously gifted gems, and sold them when I was short on cash, knowing I could pick pockets and get them again latter…

The Keen-Eyed Lapidary’s offer

That card has come up, and I’m short 2 ruby and 1 sapphire. I think I can get them, maybe, eventually. Fastest way would be a pickpocket walk, but then I loose the card.

How foolish I was, how foolish indeed.

Maybe I can arrange somebody to gift me a set, and then I can make the cane, do the walk, and gift them a set back. Once I get the required card, once they have the required card, and if such a person was willing.

On the other hand, I’m sure I can dig my way out myself, and it would be satasfying… there’s the rare lodgings card, for example… hrm…

I think my best possible associate in this task would be one who married the jewel thief…
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/22/2014

Well, I’ve GOT the sapphires now…

You were unlucky. Better luck next time… You now have 1 x Your very own Infernal Contract

… guess I’ll sell some of this, buy up the items to get reputation with urchins, and play games with them a while…

Now I’m just short on rubies. Heh, any good sources of those that Don’t involve selling my soul?

So, what’s fun to do without a soul at my ranking (still in my 60’s, 70’s with items)…

Someone is coming will have a new option for you while soulless, though that’s luck of the draw.

Looks like if I open the letter, that’ll remove my chances to deal with the devils over my soul, as they either require intimate 2, or persuasive less then 40. Well, I can fabber down that low, but just barely, and not for much longer. While I could still get &quotdevil has taken a shine to you&quot to get 1 point, I couldn’t get the 2nd point to progress past there … right? Or can I grind a few hits on &quotshine&quot and jump past the dubious favor that locks at 40 persuasive?

Okay, so if I don’t open the letter, I can’t do the storyline that it opens to get it back via the carnival, but I can still luckydip with the urchins.

So far I’m having a bit of trouble with suspicion, I’ll need a way to take care of it, maybe the goodies will add up to the cost of some absolver if I get lucky.

I spent everything she gave me (and a quite a bit more) for a rookery password, so I won’t have to grind quite as bad to keep playing fishing dip with the lost boys.

I’m not POSI, so the university bits don’t look like I can taste that side content.

It also looks like if I fish for it, I’ll stay at 20 with the devils, and as 20 is more then 15 they will keep trying to bribe me.

On the other hand some of the rewards at the lesser levels where kinda nice.

There’s time, and my anarchists sable… Nice, always liked black suits… sort of an ultra black. Today in card flipping I advanced another raven, this time starting down the dark path. Figure myself to run a bird both ways, because &quotgot to catch them all&quot.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/23/2014

… the wiki is a bit vauge… I’m already seeing options that would like me to have some “master thief” ability, but even with the wiki I can’t find how to start it.

At what level of shadowy might I first see it?

You need to be in the Flit and have robbed one of two possible places to get Master Thief.

I am in the flit, and I am not an infernal informant (I went the other way)

So, keep my eyes open, and expect it before 75?

According to the wiki the story opens at Shadowy 73.

You might need to do a bit of casing to find the right places to rob. POSIs have better methods for casing, but that’s still some way away for you.

(wiki link).