An introduction feels a little counterproductive.

nods ah, then I am too early to worry about it indeed…

ponders

I got one ruby from the mhyr scented roses card… I got the saphires and diamonds when I lost my soul.

I’m just one ruby short, and it’s… an odd sensation. I know that I could get it, if I went to a place that would remove the card, that I need it for. What irony.

Course, for now, concentrating on getting my soul back.

ooooh, some lovely advice for me to steal into this collection of notes…

I have to remember. I may think of myself as between suspicion lowering storyletes, but all I have to do is rattus myself, and then raise myself BACK to 41 and I can get to the one in spite.

Someday I will remember without prompting.

Well, I’ve got my rubies, and made my cane… well, HAD it made FOR me…

I’ve got my soul back, and I’m still at 20 with the devil and deviless somehow…

I could just keep juggling docks connection, glim, and roseygold to do more expiditions, start some 20 resource ones, and advance my archilogist level, as I did say I’d fund one for those two people…

Okay, so I was looking, carefully, at the wiki to solve a mystery I saw when I started looking up some of my equipment.

Sources for the (not disgraced) bandit chief rat are the shop, and level 15 (completed) of plaster face. On the other hand, level 1 of plaster face locks out a night time meeting of rats… that requires… that very same rat chief.

If I want to do the investigation, I’m going to have to spend 320 echoes on a rat the hard way, aint I?

[quote=Ben ]Sources for the (not disgraced) bandit chief rat are the shop, and level 15 (completed) of plaster face. On the other hand, level 1 of plaster face locks out a night time meeting of rats… that requires… that very same rat chief.

If I want to do the investigation, I’m going to have to spend 320 echoes on a rat the hard way, aint I?[/quote]I thought the reason for that lock was that those are the two ways to start the investigation, so it wouldn’t make narrative sense if you got to start it twice? That said, I still splurged and bought the expensive bandit chief that I don’t need because I already have a scuttering squad. Just to get that one storylet. And I still haven’t played it yet. Because I’m waiting for the ‘right moment’. I also had to get a Ratskin Suit to get a first point of Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns, since the only other source outside of the investigation requires that I already have the quality. Lots of work to get access to that storylet. So yeah, it can wait for the right moment.

What’s the other trigger for that investigation?

[quote=Ben ]What’s the other trigger for that investigation?[/quote]Dangerous 90 to unlock The sculpted scowl at your lodgings, apparently.

Oh, right, that’s … I should have put that together really.

Right now though I’m having fun on BOTH sides of the strike on the docks… I’m almost reluctant to give it up and finish this, so much rostygold, so many rats, so much glim… okay, so I’m getting some pretty bad wounds, but with being able to go being ladybones lane to shuffle the ‘weather’ and rob the officer to get the half bottle, I’m not doing too badly.

Turns out I’ve got better toys then his swordcane, so the occasional large boost of echoes is VERY nice too.

I’m never going to turn in somebody is coming for screams ever again though, being able to rob a rat is just … amazing. I’ve taken a peek at the stats on that ratwork watch… wow… though I’m sure rare is RARE.

My roses, these lovely, preserved, spiced roses.

I have so few of them now, and our time has ended.

I didn’t expect it to jump suddenly from 40 all the way to 3.

Only 3, only 3, and I may ne’er see that lovely face again. Scarred, but lovely.

Funny, never did she invite me to masquerade, or that bazaar Emporium, or a romantic night of batwatching…

… though, I might admit I’d have been tempted to warn the masters… so perhaps it is for the best that we’d not gone to the emproium…

Perhaps it is the bitterness of parting that has driven me to this:

An Accomplishment! You are now A Veteran of the Battle of Wolfstack Docks.

And another character defining moment, they are all happening so fast…

The cheesemonger has entrusted me … but do I trust her?

Having made my decision, I’m walking the wiki, &quotA bringer of death&quot that is indeed a status I think I would enjoy, more then &quotA fine piece in the game&quot… I think I will enjoy ending it in this way.

I would have gone with faking my own death if I had died before, but I want to save my first death for something more then a grand gesture.

I’d be more tempted to burn them all, … if it wasn’t so easy to waste my quirks.

EGADS… that one option with the +connected, that’s got to be one of the largest +connected I’d ever seen.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/31/2014

&quotA fine piece in the game&quot signifies that you’ve completed the Cheesemonger storyline. You’ll always get it upon completing the content. &quotA bringer of death&quot is usually granted when you permanently kill someone, so if you want that look out for opportunities* to do so.

*not referring to cards.

What can I say, I like what I like.

While I was poking around in the wiki, betraying the cheesemonger is one of the few ways to get connected:Masters … the wiki page for “betray” though is completely blank. So I have no idea when in the game it is.

That’s a weird wiki error I’ve run into a few times. Betrayal is one of the ways you can end the Cheesemonger storyline. It’ll be a fairly obvious option once you’re far enough into it.

Edit: Ah, you’ve finished the storyline (I think?). You’ve seen the option you’re referring to, then. Unless you’re just looking through the wiki to see the various options, in which case you’ll see it in time.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 10/31/2014

Oh, I am nolonger an agent, I am a fine piece of my own…

… but I can’t recall a chance ever came up to betray her to the masters. Would have taken it.

I spent the morning working on a short story, but now I find myself needing to give myself some nightmares…
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/31/2014

What option did you pick? Choosing to betray her should link to a storylet giving you the option to pick who it is you’re betraying her to, Masters included among the options.

I am sure I didn’t see an option, but that’s for the best wink

Now I find myself poking around, trying to get connected to at least 25 in every faction I can right now, while slowly unlocking and investigating and seducing. You know, the normal progress of the day.

I managed to case myself on paintings and become a master thief, and now any time I want to spend a full candle of actions I can simply go get a line of credit.

Not really sure if I’m going to want to turn them in for anything once I get the instrument… shrugs

It looks like it would be massively inconvient to change off of closest: Bohemians, and I really don’t know if it would do me any good.

While I do have it, figure I will get the violin, then I’ll try to get a brass ring out of the fidging writer, and go for a safe conduct. Then I really won’t need them anymore.

Lets see, did I mention I finished my 3 card “in town” locations?

I’ve done enough investigations and expeidtions, I’ve got a corespondance stone.

Investigations from it seem to be useless in actually becoming a scholar, so I’m not sure there.

Course, of all things, I’m having trouble with “Connected:Criminals” They just don’t seem to show up in any conflict cards, and I don’t seem to have any storylets that pay off beyond 10 (carnival only goes so high).

Still, been a fun bit of time.

If your shadowy is high enough, you can sell casing in the flit to raise your Connected: Criminals.

[quote=Gillsing][quote=Ben ]If I want to do the investigation, I’m going to have to spend 320 echoes on a rat the hard way, aint I?[/quote]I thought the reason for that lock was that those are the two ways to start the investigation, so it wouldn’t make narrative sense if you got to start it twice?[/quote]Turns out I was mistaken, and the Investigating a threat to your Rat Companions… is disconnected from The sculpted scowl, and doesn’t even lead anywhere. Kind of like investigating the albino rat through the Devices and desires card.

But it does have a loophole of sorts: A night-time conference opens up a different storylet, Out-ratting the rats, which isn’t locked by The sculpted scowl, and which also allows you to spend 200 Rostygold to get a Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief if you don’t already have one. Which would be the case if you didn’t take any prisoners when your lodgings were invaded. Or if you happened to lose your disgraced rat during investigating the Big Rat. The second possibility sure seems like an oversight, and certainly wasn’t worth all the Echoes I spent. But it’s satisfied my curiosity, and that’s good enough.

So, if I’d not saved the rat, I’d be able to go through and save the rat, but I’m going to loose the rat along the way.

hrm… hallowmass…

You have earned a mention in the Unexpurgated Gazette! You now have 2 x Uncanny Incunabulum

That is one component more towards the ultimate evolution of ravens.