AMBITIONS UPDATE: BAG A LEGEND IS NOW LIVE!

Perhaps you have simply forgotten–growing the Ambitions (or Nemesis, at least, the one I can speak about with the most confidence) was very resource intensive.

[color=#ff9900]Something that might contribute to the new update feeling resource-intensive is that when you were working through your ambition before, steps were spaced out with stat requirements. That’s true of the update, too, but experienced players’ stats have long since increased to a point that makes the whole of this update available from the get-go. [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]So rather than resource costs being spaced out by the need to build your stats up, you’re able to zoom through the Ambition steps consecutively, sandwiching the costs closer together. Maybe?[/color]

Apropos of nothing… where can I pick up some Night-Whispers?

Expeditions or the Fidgeting Writer are probably the easiest way. Getting four of them in a pinch is a massive pain though. Which is, of course, exactly the situation I’m in.

at least I have everything else on hand, i guess

You can also try your luck with rare successes from converting Muscaria Brandy.

[li]So here’s a question I never thought I’d have to ask : what’s the best way to reach the river with Dangerous 191? There aren’t many dangers left that can challenge me :)

Looking into one of the mirrors at the carnival gives instant death.

Edit to add actually that was how I first met the boatman when I was a newcomer to the Neath, I just didn’t know what would happen :)
edited by reveurciel on 10/16/2014

Thanks!

For those who have progressed far enough that a certain religious woman will tell you about your quarry.

Yeesh, with one sentence I went from a focused hunter to an unknowing assassin. I suppose I should have seen this coming in some form, I mean, it was ‘they’ after all who posted the bounty in the first place. But look where I live! What troubles have I brought upon my head?

Perhaps you have simply forgotten–growing the Ambitions (or Nemesis, at least, the one I can speak about with the most confidence) was very resource intensive.[/quote]

i personally have more than enough resources to seek out the 3rd nun. i just ran out of actions… also i didn’t spend quite as much upgrading my residence or pumping up my notability unlike most endgame players , i guess.

and i thought heart’s desire is the most resource intensive? at least they sure seem to be spending a lot of time looking for certain coins.

[quote=Owen Wulf]For those who have progressed far enough that a certain religious woman will tell you about your quarry.

Yeesh, with one sentence I went from a focused hunter to an unknowing assassin. I suppose I should have seen this coming in some form, I mean, it was ‘they’ after all who posted the bounty in the first place. But look where I live! What troubles have I brought upon my head?

If you want a hint as to which one of them it is, I recommend looking at the Rare Success for converting Thirsty Bombazine.[li]
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 10/17/2014

^and i think there’s a profile which have echos detailing how one of the ******* admited in no vague terms that he/she/it is the vake.

anyhoo. didn’t expect to ever use my primaeval hints, since i don’t care for ravens. good thing i saved a few.

huh? wot? does that mean December was a nun too? remnants of the 2nd city are more well-connected in london than i thought!

just saw the cost of the bomb. yeah… that’s big cost. too bad i sold most of my screams previously. guess i’ll use more side-conversions again.
damn, that still leaves those damnable night whispers! its sources are all luck-based except through trading scraps!

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Hand_over_a_cartload_of_scraps_for_a_Night-Whisper
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 10/17/2014

[quote=Rupho Schartenhauer]For those who have progressed far enough that a certain religious woman will tell you about your quarry.
If you want a hint as to which one of them it is, I recommend looking at the Rare Success for converting Thirsty Bombazine.edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 10/17/2014[/quote]

I believe I know who is already.

[spoiler]Mr. Chimes, or so it seems obvious to me. I gained access to the House of Chimes as a purveyor of beasts rare and ferocious and he had this to say:

-Mr Chimes inclines its head to you. ‘Beasts. Beasts beasts beasts! So many beasts, such little time. Perhaps you could turn your energies to the pursuit of troublesome humans, hey? Why waste your time hunting those who cannot speak? Or sing? But welcome welcome!’

He is not mentioned in any account of the Destinies, so his demise would not affect the status quo. I mean, there is the House of Chimes and the fact that he would still be there so maybe I am off?

[/spoiler]
edited by Owen Wulf on 10/17/2014

It seems that the Masters take turns being Mr. Chimes; sounds like you’re talking to Veils there.

Well, that’s something. There is a lot we don’t know about them so it could go either way. But seeing the rare success for converting Thirsty Bombazines I am tempted to agree with the posts above me.

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/17/2014

[quote=Owen Wulf]Well, that’s something. There is a lot we don’t know about them so it could go either way. But seeing the rare success for converting Thirsty Bombazines I am tempted to agree with the posts above me.

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/17/2014[/quote]

i don’t think mister veils is the talkative type. but yes, IT is veils. unless of course, he’s covering for someone else, and the plot is a lot more complex than we think.

edited by rebelanarch-82 on 10/17/2014

[quote=Owen Wulf]Well, that’s something. There is a lot we don’t know about them so it could go either way. But seeing the rare success for converting Thirsty Bombazines I am tempted to agree with the posts above me.

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/17/2014[/quote]

One of the Bespoke stories revealed the Vake, actually. So we do know something solid.

Given the talk about stat requirements, what’s a reasonable level to proceed through the new content?

I am a PoSI with main stats all in the 130s, I have a small but growing collection of high-level resources. Should I farm and attempt the 2nd/3rd chapters of this release now, or grind up some more stats?
edited by blader4411 on 10/17/2014

[quote=blader4411]Given the talk about stat requirements, what’s a reasonable level to proceed through the new content?

I am a PoSI with main stats all in the 130s, I have a small but growing collection of high-level resources. Should I farm and attempt the 2nd/3rd chapters of this release now, or grind up some more stats?
edited by blader4411 on 10/17/2014[/quote]

Well… I can say that even as a kitted out near-200-in-everything, I couldn’t get every single test into Straightforward chances. I mean, it’s not limited time content, so you can take your time on it.

[quote=blader4411]Given the talk about stat requirements, what’s a reasonable level to proceed through the new content?

edited by blader4411 on 10/17/2014[/quote]

[color=#ff9900]The recent updates starts with tests of about 140, and goes up from there.[/color]