Affluent Photographer opportunities sought

I just got this card for the first time. Does anyone want to work with me? (Preference goes to those who have signed up for social actions in Urthdigger’s thread. ;-) )

Flipz, I’m also looking for a partner(s) in crime for this, so feel free to add me up- anyone else who happens to be reading this as well!
FL: The Lady

[quote=TheLady]Flipz, I’m also looking for a partner(s) in crime for this, so feel free to add me up- anyone else who happens to be reading this as well!
FL: The Lady[/quote]

I have sent you the message! Now to see what comes of this affair…

Ah I must admit, I am seeking for this sort of thing as well! If anyone could spare some help, it would be much appreciated. PM me for my name <3

I just found this thread, but I note that the last post is nearly a month old. I am interested in sharing this opportunity, so if any of you who have posted above are still looking to share this quest, please post and let me know.

If anyone needs help with this storyline / cards, let me know, I’m more than willing to lend a hand.

Danae, an invitation has been sent!

I posted much earlier in the thread (I think), but you are all welcome to add me. I’m intrigued by this wealthy picture-maker!

I’ve donned my trench coat and grasped my magnifying lens! I’m fully prepared and available for joint investigations.

(I’ll edit this post when I’m no longer interested. That won’t happen for a while, though, so send your calling cards at will.)

Wait, is it possible to get both suits from this? I’ve only got the Anarchist’s Sable, but I don’t know how to jump ship to the Contrarian in order to get the other one.

You have to start the process all over again, and the second time you can choose the Contrarian. You can do the Affluent Photographer set of Storylets as many times as you wish; I have done it a number of times, and have both a Neddy Suit and an Anarchist’s Sable in my wardrobe.

Hello all! I’m new to the game, and just got this card for the first time. Does anyone want to work through it with me? Thanks!
@skizzylizzy

I’d take you up on your offer Trenloco, except it’s been a couple months and I’m not sure if you’re still playing… Anybody needs it let me know and I’ll share as of right now :)

[li]
Yes, it is possible, but not at the same time. After you get one suit or the other, the chain of cards is finished and you need to wait until you get the first one again to restart the series. When you get to the point of choosing the Contrarian or the Photographer the second time around, simply choose the other one.

I have had both a Neddy Suit and an Anarchist’s Sable for a while now. I play the Photographer’s cards to get other suits, which I then sell (they’re worth 6 Echoes apiece).

I’ll take one–I need to go through a couple of times anyway. :)
[li]

Ask and you shall receive my friend! Interesting to learn I can approach the photographer thing from different angles too, I may give that a try as well.

You’ll eventually draw a card entitled “Investigating the Affluent Photographer” which will enable you to raise your Trailing quality. You can try to remove excess cards from your deck (and slightly raise the Investigating card’s draw rate) by flipping cards in either the Forgotten Quarter or the Labyrinth of Tigers.

I’m still available as an investigative partner, but it isn’t necessary to progress Trailing through a social action. You can also pay your way if you prefer.

I draw this card multiple times a day, despite having long-since completed the story available thus far. Murphy once again.

I’ll try and give you a shout the next time it pops up for me Yara, it’s not a major thing for me but I try to be helpful :)

Tangent: is cycling through opportunity cards - that is, drawing and discarding - different in FQ and LT, than it is elsewhere? If so, is there a topic I should read for more information? There are lots of cards which I routinely discard on a &quotbeen there done that&quot basis, and other cards which I tend to keep in hand waiting for the best circumstances to use them.

Sorry for the late reply! Erm, I thought I’d already responded.

Most areas have cards which can only be drawn there exclusively:
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Location_specific_cards

If you visit an area with such cards, they’ll automatically enter your deck and enlarge it. Consequently, the probability of drawing other cards drop. If you’re after a certain citywide card, it might help to move to the Labyrinth of Tigers or the Forgotten Quarter since those areas have no location-specific cards; it’ll slightly improve your chances.