Achievements and other such things

indeed! and i’m sure The Admiralty will be very happy to see said peace and harmony when we next meet-they still owe my for the whole Business with the fluke bombing…

1 Like

Well, congrats. Can’t say much for myself about that though – I think my ol’ pirating Zubmarine and I get along just fine without such newfangled shippery, even with the discount at Fruits of the Zee.

(I really am looking forward to FotZ.)

2 Likes

The first big step is done. Only 700 more to go I guess…

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s small potatoes compared to everything else here but whoo, i finally got up to 200 Watchful!

…now what do i do with it? Lol, I feel like the dog who caught the car.

6 Likes

… congratulations for having bitten a car. as a fellow dog, I would strongly advise you to immediately chase after the next car and try raising your watchful cap (and consequently watchful) to 230.

4 Likes

Try catching some other cars! Railway cars, perhaps.

6 Likes

Very funny conversation, you three-great job.

2 Likes

Just went visiting a Stormy Mind for the last Renown 40 item. I think I will be visiting the Roof some more now, or finish the path towards Paramount Presence.

4 Likes

Good to have you back among the mostly sane. We were worried, with the whole “I AM THUNDRRRRR” talk!

I remember being utterly disappointed by the experience (as a player). The whole place felt like an opportunity not taken. Maybe the content didn’t age well, and it just pales in comparison to contemporary content.

Do you keep grinding renown? I considered aiming for all renown caps at some point and quickly decided against it, looking at the vast amount of other stuff with comparably fringe benefits…

4 Likes

Sane is quite a heavy word in this marvelous city, but I thank you nonetheless. On the Mind I share your perspective, specially after having played Sunless Skies (which in my opinion offer more interesting snippets of information on the entity) and the ES The Tempest, which provided a somewhat more interesting interactions with it. I would love for this section to be revamped, or extended through zailing or flying.

SPOILERS ON STORM

(since some part of me would love the possibility of a confrontation à la St. George with the figment of a Dead Dragon God, or any interaction with it that helps us understand some of its lore)

On the renown grinding I will postpone it untiI I no longer have any more interesting to do. Even if the different flavour texts of 50 Renown are wonderful (specially Revolutionaries and Hell), I feel that the sacrifice in Echoes and actions they demand are better allocated in other grinds at the moment.

1 Like

My first milking of Worm Says Grey got me some sap. This should be fun.

3 Likes

IsThisAnAchievement

It certainly is something.
I could take this as an opportunity to reflect on my relationship to this game. But that would take away brain power that I need to properly complete all my weekly activities.

6 Likes

Sib, I said it before and I’ll say it again: anything you or anyone else wants to brag about is an achievement-and for the record, 100 trade secrets certainly is impressive.

3 Likes

Well, I did reward myself by finally using a custom avatar for this forum.

Now, only 677 more Trade Secrets needed to get to a good number again.

2 Likes