A way to gain Favours: Docks

Right. Also to me. Very surprising. Not that many oppertuneties to gain favors… Perhaps still an on going changes?[/quote]

I had 5 favors at the time, my guess is this action maxes out at 4 or 5.

I don’t seem to have any renown that I’m aware of. Which category would I see that in?[/quote]

I just got a Favour from this, but I was going from 1 to 2 with Renown 6.

It’s not related to how many favours Docks you have as I played with favours 6 and went up to 7.

Did he give connected: docks previously? or is that why it’s not exactly surprising?

If the Regretful Soldier normally gives Docks connections, he should eventually give favours as well - the Forger gives Criming favours, after all.

Did he give connected: docks previously? or is that why it’s not exactly surprising?[/quote]

I don’t think he did. It was more a parallel with the Forger as a source of Favours (though perhaps the Forger gave Connected: Criminal before.)

Did he give connected: docks previously? or is that why it’s not exactly surprising?[/quote]

I don’t think he did. It was more a parallel with the Forger as a source of Favours (though perhaps the Forger gave Connected: Criminal before.)[/quote]
He did. I’m pretty sure the soldier didn’t, so while eventually this might become a choose a freind, gain two favors card- it isn’t that just yet.

The Galatea card has now been changed to allow you to buy a Favour for 50 whispered hints.
Edit: The Blemmigan option has a chance of giving a Favour. Not sure of the odds yet.
edited by Ian Hart on 3/12/2016
edited by Ian Hart on 3/12/2016

Favouring the widow now gives 500 x Jade Fragment, 1 x Favour in High Places.

and still zeroes your connection? a little nerf happy, aren’t they…

To those who have not been kicked out of court yet, completing a novel of a Patriotic Adventure gives 3 Favours: Docks. Adding a way for grinding Favours without needing luck on cards, albeit at over 50 actions to compete.

Folk Songs does not grant Docks Favour in place of Docks Connection at all, so keep that in mind.

Arg. Do the powers that be want us to never leave the Court? It’s bad enough already with Symphonies and the Life of the Mind!

Hopefully one day we will be able to return just like the University. I must agree that it’s not fun to find out on several occasions that the best option to do something is locked out.

Hopefully one day we will be able to return just like the University. I must agree that it’s not fun to find out on several occasions that the best option to do something is locked out.[/quote]

Maybe one day you can! It might end up a generally useless husk or something like that where all you can do is to seduce the two clowns and works of art is still not available.

Trading in connection for Street Signs should still slightly useful, though.

I see it’s confirmed, but I want to add that, from 4 cards, I got 1x favor two times.

and still zeroes your connection? a little nerf happy, aren’t they…[/quote]On the other hand, 5 Docks Favours take much fewer actions to get than the previous Connected: Docks requirement. Discounting the actions it take to get the Widow connections (since you currently keep those), it’s about 2.9 epa even with getting your dock favours one at a time.

Has no one seen a Tournament of Weasels? And I’ve never done Shroom Hopping, but it’s supposed to give connections - perhaps that’s a possibility too?

I am still waiting for the Tournament of Weasels. Have not seen it since the change.

I am still waiting for the Tournament of Weasels. Have not seen it since the change.[/quote]
I have seen it, but i failed the check- as is highly probable amoung players.

Shroom-hopping comes up quite often. I don’t think it gives connections.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 3/12/2016