A way to gain Favours: Docks

This here be a summery on ways to gain precious Favours from the Docks.
Each favour can gain 300 Glim or 4 expedition creates.
I will edit this list according to the data gathered by the community.
I mainly speak of ways to gain favours which are not a one time deal (such as major story line) but repeatable sources.

Cards, verified:

• Taciturn Mynah - connection pet (Try persuading her to talk)
  • By the River’s Side: the Docks (Buy a round)
  • Rare success on The Last Dance - Stick to something stately (at a Polite Invitation)
  • Find a hard-working home for your Mark of Credit Page
  • An option regarding the Galatea (Available after choosing one ending after Fate-locked story &quotThe Gift&quot)
    - Throw the Amanuensis out on his oily little ear

Cards which needs verification, probably are:

(None at the moment)

Non-cards, storylet, verified:

• The Sideshows at Carnival. Caps when renown reach level 5
  • Crash! - Rescue the crew (Mutton Island. Gives only 1 favours).
  • Court: completing a novel of a Patriotic Adventure (1 favours).
  • Selling a Soothe & Cooper Long-Box (3 favours).
  • The Department of Menace Eradication - Follow a chandler to her workshop - Confide in the Chandleress (needs Airs of London at 96+)

Non-cards, storylets, needs verification, probably are:

Profession’s reward?

Any other ideas? Companions with opp cards?

Used to give Connection - Docks, now does not (could change due to mechanical changes in the following few days):

• Youthful high spirits - the conflict card (as for 11/04/16 no longer gives dock’s favours)
  • The Acacia and the Butterfly.
    - Rewrite a collection of sea-shanties
    - Take a break from dueling
    - The Tower of Sparrows (Bring the celebration home)
  • Sage advice to the navigator
  • Rat catcher profession’s reward
    - Wolfstack in the fog - A huddled form - Pay for a room
    - Court: completing a Newly Arranged Folk Song
  • City Vices: a tournament of weasels!
  • Starvation Day (card at New New Gate)
    edited by Gonen on 4/11/2016
    edited by Gonen on 4/11/2016
    edited by Gonen on 4/12/2016
    edited by Gonen on 4/15/2016

Obviously, Carnival > The Sideshows > Speak to some Zailors will cap at Level 5 but it’s
1 Favor and 3 CP of Renown Docks.

Sponsor a trading voyage to the farthest reaches of the zee (Wolfstack > Aspiring Zee Captains) has an unlock of 20 Renown but no Favours. Looks promising?
edited by Parelle on 3/9/2016

Dine with the Crew of the Galatea: Rumors option no longer gives connected or Favors.

[quote=maleclypse]Dine with the Crew of the Galatea: Rumors option no longer gives connected or Favors.[/quote]Ah darn, assuming that’s the second option? I used to use that all the time to increase Connected and then trade it for Connected: Urchins and get scraps. Vex.

Maleclypse, updated the Galatea issue and Sage advice.
Parelle, you are right. Not much of repeatable, but worth mentioning.
Thank you both.

Currently that option only gives a single Appalling Secret, so hopefully there are still changes forthcoming - it doesn’t seem like providing a Favor there would be unbalanced.

When Criminals was changed, the old Fate-faction-reward (A Trade In Faces unlocking an option on the Criminals card) became pretty much worthless (no gain of Connections or Favors and a tiny Suspicion reduction)

So I wouldn’t bank on the Galatea becoming valuable anytime soon.

Edit: I’ll test the Blemmigan option on the Docks card next time I draw it, but my hopes are not high.
edited by Ian Hart on 3/9/2016

Youthful High Spirits give 3 Favors Docks. It’s a lot, but takes a lot of micro to get (only gets drawn if favors are 3-4).

Whoa, Youthful High Spirits is only at 3-4 favours now? That really changes card-grinding for Urchins connection and thus 20-scrap Calling-in-Favours in the Flit stuff too. Interesting, interesting. I’m in favor of tricky micro.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but the Ratcatcher profession provides Docks increase - I wonder if it provides Favours now? Doubtful. MyTtH passed on Monday, but I’ll be able to confirm it.

The Enforcer reward gives 1 Criminal favour, so I would bet it will be the same for those that now give Docks favours.

[quote=Ian Hart]When Criminals was changed, the old Fate-faction-reward (A Trade In Faces unlocking an option on the Criminals card) became pretty much worthless (no gain of Connections or Favors and a tiny Suspicion reduction)

So I wouldn’t bank on the Galatea becoming valuable anytime soon.

Edit: I’ll test the Blemmigan option on the Docks card next time I draw it, but my hopes are not high.
edited by Ian Hart on 3/9/2016[/quote]

Yeah, this is true. The Trade in Faces option on the criminal card is pretty damn worthless now. It’d be nice if they’d change those options when they update the system.

Updated, thank you.
Conncetion pet works.
The tower of sparrows (bring the celebration home) - does not

Hmmm… “Buy a round” - at the connection card of the Docks did not give me favors… Did it work to you?

Just tested this with my alt, and as of now there’s no increase with dockers’ favour when clearing their rats away.

Blemmigan docks option has text about “a chance at Favor” but I don’t think it had the usual probability estimator. (I tried and did not get any.)

I just tested paying for the Huddled Figure’s Room in Foggy Wolfstack. No Favours, but I think the Rosty reward increased. I’m not completely certain, because I accidentally click out of the tab and then the bundle of Oddities activated, but I think it gave me 250 Rostygold, while the Wiki says it previously only gave 50.

Also, the Bundle gave me Surface-Silk, which the Wiki says should be outside the range.

I just bought a round at the Rusty Tramp, and all I got was some MW.

Right. Also to me. Very surprising. Not that many oppertuneties to gain favors… Perhaps still an on going changes?

Hello! I just tested the option &quotCrash!&quot in Mutton Island, and &quotRescue the crew&quot will give 1x Favours: The Docks. It also gives CP to Magnanimous and Steadfast (capped at 9) while giving a drop to Ruthless.

Hope that helps! ^^