A way to gain Favours: Docks

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]Shroom-hopping comes up quite often. I don’t think it gives connections.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 3/12/2016[/quote]

I should clarify - I mean the Fate opportunity.

Just out of curiosity, how many Favors does it cost to side with the Urchins in the conflict card?

Well, A mission from the Cheesemonger (level 4 Cheesemonger agent), ended up in me tipping off the ship’s captain, but got me a Dock favor.
EDIT: Thanks to Parellefor pointing an error.
Seems that this card trades 1 CP of An Agent of the Cheesemonger for 1 Dock favor.
edited by Skinnyman on 3/12/2016

If it has not changed from the last time I found mention of it, you lose one favor docks- and gain basically nothing for it, at least last i found mention of it. (the payout is the same as a standard conflict card, in other words.) until they add urchins to the favors system, it looks pretty likely that it’s in most people’s best interest to favor docks every single time.
edited by Grenem on 3/12/2016

Explain here for a second: Is that Docks Favours 4 to Favours 3 or Docks Renown 4 to Renown 3 (or something else? It’s been a very long time since I did the Cheesemonger case). Because that’s about the first time I’ve heard of Renown decreasing.

Favours are incremental by the way: You go from 1 - 2 - 3 - 4: there aren’t change points for them.

Explain here for a second: Is that Docks Favours 4 to Favours 3 or Docks Renown 4 to Renown 3 (or something else? It’s been a very long time since I did the Cheesemonger case). Because that’s about the first time I’ve heard of Renown decreasing.

Favours are incremental by the way: You go from 1 - 2 - 3 - 4: there aren’t change points for them.[/quote]
Oh, sorry, it seems an error found its way though; thanks for pointing!
I got a decrease in An Agent of the Cheesemonger quality. It looked like it dropped all the way to 3, but I got another card and got it back to 4. So probably, in this case, 1 CP of Agent of the Cheesemonger gains you one Dock favor.

Working for the Cheery Man and selecting Dealing with the Last Constable, once and for all (Family and Law 3) will grant 1 Criminal and 1 Dock favors, not connection increase.
edited by Skinnyman on 3/13/2016

Throwing the Amanuensis out on his oily little ear gives 1 Docks Favour, among all its other effects. Actually might become a rather interesting way to change one set of Favours into another, if only it didn’t involve losing a 30-echo item and the very rare Masters connection.

Also, favoring the urchins on the conflict card still gives 50 Silk and 30 CP of Urchins – which is worth 5 certifiable scrap. It takes a little longer than it used to and isn’t as fast for scrap as higher-tier lodgings, but given how long it takes to grind scrap and how sources of Urchins connection are relatively unprofitable, I’d say this is still worth it.

Galatea trade rumors now gives docks again.

I can confirm the lack of Docks Favour for the Ratcatcher reward. I was hopeful that it was going to change since you’re actually got to use a Favour to gain the profession in the first place.

What will you do with your Taciturn Mynah&quot now has a new option &quotteach her to listen&quot which requires &quotFavours the Docks&quot. Text: &quotThe things she may hear on the Docks! The things people will do for you if you promise to keep their secrets.&quot

Outcome: 1 Docks Favour

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this above. I’ve been trying to keep track of this thread, but it’s quite long by now.

Selling a Soothe & Cooper Long-Box (under “Aspiring Zee-Captains” at the docks) provides 3 x Favours: The Docks (+50 echoes).

Not really grindable, but if you stock up on long-boxes during Christmas this could be a good source for emergency Favours: The Docks later in the year.

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]What will you do with your Taciturn Mynah&quot now has a new option &quotteach her to listen&quot which requires &quotFavours the Docks&quot. Text: &quotThe things she may hear on the Docks! The things people will do for you if you promise to keep their secrets.&quot

Outcome: 1 Docks Favour

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this above. I’ve been trying to keep track of this thread, but it’s quite long by now.[/quote]

Thank you.
You can see the summarize on what is and what isn’t at the first page =)
Thank you, Dov. Edited.
edited by Gonen on 3/15/2016

[quote=maleclypse]Galatea trade rumors now gives docks again.[/quote]But more expensively than the Docks card itself.

Or you can just get a Favor by listening to the zailors for free…

i’m told that it was- if not is- a random chance of failure, sometimes a favor, sometimes a pittance in MW.

i’m told that it was- if not is- a random chance of failure, sometimes a favor, sometimes a pittance in MW.[/quote]Last three or four times the reward has been items; I will update if I get a different result.

The Docks card option for siding with them in the Blemmigan Affair does not give a Favour to replace to removed Connected gain.

[quote=an_ocelot][quote=Grenem]
i’m told that it was- if not is- a random chance of failure, sometimes a favor, sometimes a pittance in MW.[/quote]Last three or four times the reward has been items; I will update if I get a different result.[/quote]

Huh, weird - I’ve only seen it once so far, so I don’t have a good statistical sampling, but it was a favor the one time.

[quote=Toran][quote=an_ocelot][quote=Grenem]
i’m told that it was- if not is- a random chance of failure, sometimes a favor, sometimes a pittance in MW.[/quote]Last three or four times the reward has been items; I will update if I get a different result.[/quote]

Huh, weird - I’ve only seen it once so far, so I don’t have a good statistical sampling, but it was a favor the one time.[/quote]

The MW vs. Favours is when buying a round at the Rusty Trump.
Though after the first day I have only encountered the Favours option - making me believe the MW success is not applicable anymore.
What &quotitems&quot are you talking about? Are we speaking on the same card/option?
edited by Gonen on 3/17/2016