A way to gain Favours: Docks

I think I saw that on a T-shirt somewhere :-)

Ok, so… Rescuing a ship in Mutton only gives 1?! It used to be a s*** load of connections. Young generation of zailors is ungrateful.
Also, I received 1 favors when buying a drink at the Rusty Trump, but no MW (while the other way round earlier)
Alternate succeess? Favors if only at 0? (was my stat when trying the second time).
More info on this, please
edited by Gonen on 3/10/2016

I can confirm the expected rare success on The Last Dance - Stick to something stately (at a Polite Invitation). It does grant a favour!

I’m a little concerned that the favours connection cards are ranges: I’m having trouble getting 1-2 right now after using a batch for renown.
edited by Parelle on 3/10/2016

Yes, now rescuing a ship in Mutton Island only gives 1x Favour…

[quote=Gonen]Ok, so… Rescuing a ship in Mutton only gives 1?! It used to be a s*** load of connections. Young generation of zailors is ungrateful.
Also, I received 1 favors when buying a drink at the Rusty Trump, but no MW (while the other way round earlier)
Alternate succeess? Favors if only at 0? (was my stat when trying the second time).
edited by Gonen on 3/10/2016[/quote]

I also got a favour, while favours was at 1. Maybe only low values? Or maybe a change.

A Hardworking home for your Mark of Credit does grant a favor, I believe. I had a game hiccup while using that storylet but I now have a Docks Favour I didn’t have earlier.

The widow Vs. docks card gives 24 echoes in jade and a favor in high places for some favors, valueing each favor at roughly 5.21 echoes. it might appear with less favors, though, and therefore let you discard down under more profitable circumstances.
edited by Grenem on 3/10/2016

Right. Also to me. Very surprising. Not that many oppertuneties to gain favors… Perhaps still an on going changes?[/quote]

I had 5 favors at the time, my guess is this action maxes out at 4 or 5.

I don’t seem to have any renown that I’m aware of. Which category would I see that in?

Right. Also to me. Very surprising. Not that many oppertuneties to gain favors… Perhaps still an on going changes?[/quote]

I don’t seem to have any renown that I’m aware of. Which category would I see that in?[/quote]
I don’t know, but go to prepare for an expedition, and you can see a renown quality required to gather docks favors. or save yourself some trouble, and head to the carnival, so that when it turns out you don’t have any, you can start gathering some by gathering favors.

Also, it’s optimal to hold onto 3-4 favors docks, so you draw the conflict with urchins card. it’ll be decently balanced once the urchins convert, but for now it’s always in your interests to favor the docks.

I don’t seem to have any renown that I’m aware of. Which category would I see that in?[/quote]
I doubt it’s a cap- when i gain favors from it, i don’t gain MW, which is suspicious for a simple cap. My guess is it’s an either-or rare success where both have the same text and different rewards, like how when you help save the coughing footpad from jack, sometimes you get a favor and sometimes you don’t.
edited by Grenem on 3/11/2016

[quote=Gonen]Ok, so… Rescuing a ship in Mutton only gives 1?! It used to be a s*** load of connections. Young generation of zailors is ungrateful.
edited by Gonen on 3/10/2016[/quote]
Shipless sailors can’t repay you that much. They’re personally pretty destitute, and so most of their favors are from their freinds. The ship’s long since lost, and most of the cargo as well.

Many of them won’t have the pull to give more. It’s amazing PR amoung zailors, but not that good for getting actual favors, because they can’t repay you. It would be cool if it gave a single point renown or something, though.

Sage advice to the navigator does not give a favor anymore.

Good thing too- that used to be a bit broken. 25 echoes and 6 actions to get 36.5 echoes and some CP widow. Not exploitable, but competently competing with most late-game grinds.

I can’t say I’m happy with it. This change has screwed me multiple times of the course of the day, because I burned off all my Connected sponsoring Zee voyages over the past few days, then had the change to Connected happen, then prepped to dump a lot of junk into Sage Advice to get the favors I needed, then had it changed later the day after I’d burned a lot of actions getting supplies to convert into the stuff I needed.

I want a refund. or a hug.

[quote=The Sorrowful Heiress]I can’t say I’m happy with it. This change has screwed me multiple times of the course of the day, because I burned off all my Connected sponsoring Zee voyages over the past few days, then had the change to Connected happen, then prepped to dump a lot of junk into Sage Advice to get the favors I needed, then had it changed later the day after I’d burned a lot of actions getting supplies to convert into the stuff I needed.

I want a refund. or a hug.[/quote]
Hug.

Hopefully this won’t happen to you again. that’s not meant as moralizing but as genuine well-wishing.

A resurrected Tradition > “Cosh a few and be on your way” does not gain Favors: Docks. I assume that the other choice no longer reduces docks, making it a better choice for early game Glim grinding, since it has a marginally better payout.

I wonder how the Strike storyline changed. Anyone test siding with the dock workers? Or siding with the Neddies while you already have dock Favors?

I expect all these actions are subject to change in the coming days, as FBG are balancing the new mechanic.

I’d recommend not to rely too much on current ways to gain and use Favours: The Docks. Consider it as volatile until it stabilizes.

[quote=dov]I expect all these actions are subject to change in the coming days, as FBG are balancing the new mechanic.

I’d recommend not to rely too much on current ways to gain and use Favours: The Docks. Consider it as volatile until it stabilizes.[/quote]
Good advice. In general, i’d say for stuff like this, feel free to try to exploit it, but it could change at any time. Also, don’t exploit truly broken, just slightly OP, if possible.
edited by Grenem on 3/11/2016

Not exactly surprising, but A Visit: the Regretful Soldier does not give Docks Favours

Could you please Fate-hint me as for this option?
Is it a card?