A Spire-Emporium (and other Lodgings)! Gadzooks!

That looks like the Beth and the Brass Embassy.

I’m not sure either of them reminds me of the Beth. One of them looks like an observatory.

I thought the purple one looked like the Beth, but you are correct in that it looks like an observatory. I was merely drawing attention to it because earlier we had discussed possibly upgrading lodgings, and I thought those might be the upgrades of Beth and Embassy. However, the purple one could be an upgrade to the Cottage by the Observatory.

I wonder if the new lodgings might be unique to the upgraded Reputations? Perhaps something like:
Great Mind => Dripstone Temple
Invisible Eminence => Newgate Cellar
Great Charismatic => Bazaar Emporium
Shattering Force => Snail House

I am both speculating and hoping that new lodgings and new schemes may allow for new social actions for the new profession tiers. Maybe have a Crooked-Cross over to hold a sermon in your Dripstone Temple, conspire with a Midnighter in the secrecy of Old Newgate, or allow a Monster-Hunter his hunts around whichever strange fens your Snail House is set in?

[quote=Seberin]I wonder if the new lodgings might be unique to the upgraded Reputations? Perhaps something like:
Great Mind => Dripstone Temple
Invisible Eminence => Newgate Cellar
Great Charismatic => Bazaar Emporium
Shattering Force => Snail House[/quote]

I hope not! I want to be a Great Mind and live in the Bazaar Emporium. I don’t mind having to choose only one of the new Lodgings, but I want to be able to choose it directly if that’s the case.

Im now completely convinced these lodgings are meant for schemes.

Aaaaaaand look at that lodging! Got it from this tweet, so it looks like there’s more lodgings than expected! Interestingly, seems like a straight upgrade from the RBH Room.[li]
edited by Playersideblog on 12/13/2013

Alexis tweeted that these are going to be lodgings - the one that he has on his profile is a Suite at the Royal Bethlehem which allows 5 Opportunity cards. Really looking forward to finding out how we get these.[li]
ninja’d![/li][li]
edited by reveurciel on 12/13/2013

Oooooooooooo. That would rather suggest they’re upgrades to existing lodgings. How very delicious. I shall have to talk to the Manager about moving my belongings to one of the suites.

The Spire-Emporium indeed appears on the Premises at the Bazaar card. The requirements to unlock it are rather harsh: Notability 10 (this alone is going to take some time), 1 x Masters Blood, any of the new Reputations of Some Importance, Respectable 9, no more than 10 of Connected: Revolutionaries, more than 3 of Connected: Masters. Of course, you also need to own Premises at the Bazaar. It also requires no more than 0 of A Novel Birth-Mark - never heard of it before. Alas, it is currently marked as impossible.

BTW, the Engage in Commerce option has also changed.

Masters Blood, but less than 10 Connected: Revolutionaries? So it means that to get the Spire-Emporium, you’ll have to completely wreck your Connected: Revolutionary?

Sounds like something the Masters would ask of you.

[quote=Daethar]BTW, the Engage in Commerce option has also changed.[/quote]It requires 100 echoes in cash, a Bazaar Permit, and gives 200 pennies and 4 scrap upon success.
[li]

Yeah. Am I correct in assuming that the only way to get Masters Blood right now is to sell the Cave of Nadir location to February?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet screen of the options.

Interesting! I like these new changes. But wow…Notability 10? Yeeeeeesh.

I guess I’m gonna have to work my way up to that.

The Brass Embassy now upgrades to a Sanctum. Requires Connected Hell: 50, An Infernally Diplomatic Privilege (?), Dreaded 7, one of the new reputations, Notability 9, and The Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell.[li]

I bet these things we don’t understand are the keys? Because I noticed they’re LOCKED with those.

A birthmark as a key is certainly an interesting way to go.

Certainly hard to copy or steal.

RIP
&quotI stole your key!&quot
&quotI BLOODY WELL NOTICED!&quot

A suite at the bethlehem costs bizarre 7, either of the advanced posi-ships, an impossible theorem, and notability 9[li]

Also, the soul merchant option seems harder. Investigating guests give the old reward.
edited by Aximillio on 12/13/2013