A New Festive Tale Available for Fate!

On a less spoilery note, this story is well written and mechanically great. Thank you!

Does anyone know how long this story will be available? As I won’t have an opportunity to play for perhaps a week or so.
And in case it disappears sooner than that, can I access it by paying the Fate of the first storylet and then let it lie until I am ready to play?

And options in the actual story, not just the school, change their text depending on who you bring? I love this. (You don’t miss anything major, mostly character building for students)

And when it disappears it will be on the fate page.

[quote=Akernis]Does anyone know how long this story will be available? As I won’t have an opportunity to play for perhaps a week or so.
And in case it disappears sooner than that, can I access it by paying the Fate of the first storylet and then let it lie until I am ready to play?[/quote]
[color=#ff9900]It will be available in London throughout the festive season. Thereafter it will be available to purchase on the Fate page.[/color]

This is easily one of my favorite stories of all time, and I’m still trundling through Sinning Jenny’s Finishing School! There are so many student combinations! I was originally going to take the Foreign Officer, the Visitor, and the Zailor, but when the Visitor was outed as a Prussian spy by the Foreign Officer, I decided against it. And now I realize the Daughter isn’t just reusing assets from the Governess story… Ms. Short, you’ve truly outdone yourself with this.

Well, I am really disappointed, as it seems that the story doesn’t work as intended on iOS app. Also, my app is now stuck on the loading screen, as it is unable to process School’s opportunity cards (this is the only plausible explanation I have).

If there’s someone who has Teaching wheel working properly on iOS, please let me know.
edited by ropewalker on 12/23/2016

Ironically, I managed to complete the story before even noticing that something is wrong. What a waste of fate.

[color=#ff9900]Please send us a support request at support@failbettergames.com and we’ll help! (although there’s likely to be a delay because of reduced cover over the Christmas period.)[/color]

Alright, I am very confused by a bit of lore I just picked up!

About mirrors:

[spoiler]http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MidnightVoyager?fromEchoId=10547685

But in Sunless Sea, when you shatter Varchas, breaking a mirror only makes more mirrors. They say it specifically. Why would chipping a mirror make it any less dangerous?[/spoiler]

I’m thinking there’s a distinction between a whole reflective surface with a blemish that means a true reflection can’t manifest, and a small shard of reflective surface that is, albeit a strange shape, unblemished within its body (as the shards might be).

Pure speculation, though.

That’s the first thing I did (ticket #33179). Olivia helped me with the browser version (thanks!), but the app still doesn’t work.
edited by ropewalker on 12/23/2016

I’ve just started this, am idly leafing through the applications, and very reluctant to continue until I get one pressing question answered: Is there any limit on the number of students you can accept?

Edit. Thanks, Kaigen!
edited by Reshemin on 12/23/2016

You can accept three students per class. Subsequent classes can have a different array of students. Quick Tip:

If you have only one &quotunsuitable&quot student, the deck is more forgiving and gives you opportunities to build up Credit with Sinning Jenny while advancing the term.

There are so many potential ending options that I am paralyzed by indecision.

This was probably the exceptional/premium story I liked best in Fallen London. The characters and the writing were immersive and beautiful. The world beyond London, intriguing. The Parlour of Virtue was beguiling. The finishing school is a very welcome alternative to the usual carousels thanks to the unlimited draw mechanics, previous choices matter and finally, here is an (admittedly hard) way to grind Tomb-Colonies favors.
I have echoed my ending, if someone else has echoed theirs I will be happy to read.

I notice that I have a quality for Finishing the Daughter, but I don’t see one for others. I wonder what that does?

Might I ask which student’s influence prompted this ending?
edited by MidnightVoyager on 12/23/2016

[quote=MidnightVoyager]Alright, I am very confused by a bit of lore I just picked up!

About mirrors:

snip[/quote]

I don’t know but there must be something to it, since when you get the Home Comfort from Mr. Mirrors it goes out of its way to show how it has clipped every single mirror in its possession, except the one it gives you. Chipping could, for some reason, have another effect on a mirror than simply breaking it apart.

edited by Akernis on 12/24/2016

[quote=Akernis][quote=MidnightVoyager]Alright, I am very confused by a bit of lore I just picked up!

About mirrors:

snip[/quote]

I don’t know but there must be something to it, since when you get the Home Comfort from Mr. Mirrors it goes out of its way to show how it has clipped every single mirror in its possession, except the one it gives you. Chipping could, for some reason, have another effect on a mirror than simply breaking it apart.

edited by Akernis on 12/24/2016[/quote]

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MidnightVoyager?fromEchoId=10449792

Huh, you’re right. That’s deeply strange, considering Varchas. I mean, what is removing a corner of a mirror but breaking it very slightly? And it’s on the -edge- of all of them.

The story was super cool! I regret some of my actions, but it was great to think about the last choice and decide what I wanted to do. Very good writing as well!

If anyone wants to read my ending, I have everything in my Journal.
edited by Jel on 12/24/2016

What a delicious story. I chose perhaps one of the darker options, if anyone wants to see the result.