A New Festive Tale Available for Fate!

I can proudly endorses a certain stiff-backed, horribly unskilled dancer of a Constable as one of the most moral person in the Neath.

Sadly, throwing something at you, which I believe is the traditional response to a pun of that caliber, is not possible via Internet forums. Imagine my frustration.

WHEN

[color=#ff9900]SOON[/color]

[color=#e53e00]This is now live! Look for The Empress’ Shadow: A Royal Barge at Wolfstack Docks anywhere in London to begin. Enjoy. [/color]

[color=#ff9900]SEE?[/color]

HOORAY

I see it! Exciting!

I couldn’t launch this operation and not bring the Eldest Daughter along - for old times’ sake - and the more I get to know her, the more I like her. I swear, I teared up a little, and wanted to hug her. They **** you up, your mum and dad.

Something that might not be a bug, but is interesting to note. The Zailor finishing card in the school, if you have one Held in the Esteem of the Crew of the Galatea, gives you another one, so that you have two of the affiliation, and therefore can equip one and have one unequipped. I don’t know whether or not this is intended behaviour, but it is kind of cool.

1 Like

[color=#ff9900]It was indeed a bug - we have squished![/color]

Oh, apparently this is iOS app bug: it works ok in browser.

Having blown through this on an alt in a state of some excitement, I’d just like to say what a wonderful story this is! Intrigue, an extremely useful and permanently unlocked new carousel thing and information of the rarest kind, that pertaining to life on the Surface - thank you to everyone involved.

Now to spend months agonising over every tiny choice on my main character…
edited by Barselaar on 12/23/2016

This story was an absolute delight. There’s just so many little things to enjoy. The content regarding Sinning Jenny juggling her responsibilities at the Parlor of Virtue as well as in her mayoral office was groundbreaking. I’m so glad to have been able to cash in on prior associations with Sinning Jenny and additionally grateful to have an opportunity to teach after my inevitable loss at University. I also loved being introduced to the story in the ambiguous capacity of an interested bystander rather than that of a destined hero archetype. I feel that it afforded my character much more flexibility in motivation and plausibility. Even after the initial glow of trying out a new story, this is by far my favorite.

[edit] Aaaahhhhhhh, new banner art for the Finishing School!
edited by Art Shrival on 12/23/2016

Oh, apparently this is iOS app bug: it works ok in browser.[/quote]

[color=#e53e00]Should now be fixed. Please do chuck another ticket in (support@failbettergames.com) if you see anything else untoward on the app. [/color]

It is fixed indeed, thank you!

I am not exactly sure if there is something unknown to me or if there is a glitch of some kind- but I am an exceptional friend, and I have no option to jump into the tale without doling out fate as I have with previous exceptional stories- is this something a bit different?

I am running into a bit of a problem. My characters are having trouble accessing the Finishing School carousel.
One of my characters completed it once and chose the slower conclusion that doesn’t re-route you back.
My other character has not yet participated in the carousel, having opted to finish other stories in London beforehand. Now that they are ready to begin the carousel, the storylet is nowhere to be found.
I am not sure if my choices have disposed me to awaiting the storylet in the same way that one waits for a living story, or if the storylet is located in an area I have missed.

[edit] Thank you, suinicide! The storylet was in Ladybones Road all along. My mistake.
edited by Art Shrival on 12/23/2016

Commentary on mechanical rewards, in spoiler tags:

[spoiler]I’m out of action so I can’t finish the story, but it seems that the school offers repeatable access to a 50/50 shot at Tomb-Colony or Docks favors? That’s wonderful, since I don’t like visiting the Tomb-Colonies themselves and their favors are otherwise hard to come by.

The “difficult” students all have a secondary graduation option. I unlocked the Zailor’s based on my reward from The Gift–are the other two unlocked with different endings? [/spoiler]

Non-reward discussion: I will be running through the school repeatedly in order to hunt down every snippet of text, and I love that. Finding all the snippets is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, and hunting for the final piece that you’re missing. It’s an exciting change-of-pace from the usual linear (-ish) presentation of content.

The storylette is always in ladybones road. If you ran through it once you have to do something with the empress’ shadow first.

The other two difficult student options are from: the other ending to the gift, and lost in reflections.

Also there is a 50% option for revs, great game, urchins, and bohemians. Its a very nice place.
edited by suinicide on 12/23/2016
edited by suinicide on 12/23/2016