A New Festive Tale Available for Fate!

So, I’m hoping that I’ve just misremembered something, but I’m fairly certain that I completed both the gift and july’s exceptional story, yet I don’t seem to be able to access any of the difficult student second graduation options?

A wonderful story! The extra length of the story was extensive but never outright felt like filler to kill time, while still not feeling too constrained on time and left any optional stories at the Finishing School to be discovered at your own leisure. And the lore, a sight into the Surface and its affairs that may or may not reach to the Neath! A splendid story as well as a new favorite Fate content of mine, and definitely worth the Fate price.

As for the ending, may I ask as to how everyone viewed their individual endings? I’m going to educate the Shadow in Jenny’s Finishing School to separate from both Prussia and London to found her own court. Hopefully she’ll have made her own happy-ish ending on the Surface as a holder of her own power and the resulting chaos of rising and falling powers will result in Berlin losing its spot as a potential sixth city. Hopeful thinking on my part, but an idealist can dream can’t they?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 12/24/2016

Well, just want to ensure I won’t miss every little bit of the story: how many previous ES are required to unlock special branches/options in this story? And what ES? A PM will be very much appreciated, thank you!

Surface Visitor

Lost in Reflections

I’m having a bit of trouble deciding on the last decision. Ignoring the fact that my character is pro-masters, I’m having trouble picking out the implications of each decision.

Huh, I did the final exams with the Surface Visitor twice and somehow I lost my &quotFinished&quot quality with her. Possibly because I did the special one first?

Is it just me, or is the school weirdly an action sink.

By that, I mean, things that seem like they shouldn’t cost actions cost actions.

Yep, I regained my suspicions of the Surface Visitor when I replayed it and picked the second option. If you pick option 2 and then pick option 1 later you’ll lose your suspicions.

[quote=Silverias]Is it just me, or is the school weirdly an action sink.

By that, I mean, things that seem like they shouldn’t cost actions cost actions.[/quote]
Anything in particular?

Not sure yet, It just intuitively felt that way. I intend to check it as I go through my next carousel on it. It felt like selecting your students took too many actions, but I’m also super tired and may just be mistaken.

Not sure yet, It just intuitively felt that way. I intend to check it as I go through my next carousel on it. It felt like selecting your students took too many actions, but I’m also super tired and may just be mistaken.[/quote]
Also keep in mind that the more troublesome the class, the more actions it takes to get them through the syllabus, so the main story is a (fun) action sink by design.

I’m taking my time with this story so I’ll keep track when I next select a class.
edited by Anne Auclair on 12/24/2016

I have a question - how many times do you supply courtiers to the Shadow before the final story and decision triggers?
edited by Anne Auclair on 12/24/2016

[quote=Anne Auclair]I have a question - how many times do you supply courtiers to the Shadow before the final story and decision triggers?
edited by Anne Auclair on 12/24/2016[/quote]
3 times, I believe.

That aside,

This story was FANTASTIC. It really fleshed out a lot of the lore that’s more immediately relevant to us and our characters. I was absolutely torn at the end. SO MANY ENDINGS THIS ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE A REAL DECISION! (Is swapping endings allowed?)

I really hope this is the start of a new trend in the storytelling. this right here is a winning formula. Glad I payed the extra fate.
edited by Addis Rook on 12/24/2016

I’m only through my first class but so far I found the story absolutely delightful, just the school part is entertaining and then actually probing for secrets…

My first class included

the Anarchist, and when I saw the insight he got me into the Shadow I was like &quotoh… this is… unexpected&quot. And since I just did The Gift I could imagine my character’s and the Enchanting Princess’ eye meet.

Can’t wait to dive back in when my actions recharge.
edited by SleepingD on 12/24/2016

[quote=Mint Humbugs]So is the Foreign Officer Face or Teeth?

I am slightly confused.[/quote]

I believe she is Teeth given her mannerisms, given her mannerisms. The Face aren’t cannibals, for all their other faults.

Incidentally, I must say-at first I thought all the available choices for resolving the Shadow were rather foreboding. I was badly tempted to go back and send her to Jenny’s just for the lulz, and I mostly decided upon the Zailor’s gift as a compromise between other options.

It exceeded all expectations by a wide margin.

D–ndest way to receive a Judgement’s Egg. Now I want to go exploring the waters near Adam’s Way for more.

[li][/li][li]
edited by Hattington on 12/24/2016

My ending was a result of smuggling the Shadow to the parlour of virtue on the third day. Then at the end of the fourth day, I tried to make her come out of her mother’s shadow and be her own person.
I am not certain I understood everything that went on in the story but I still loved it.

Does anyone have an echo of the result from influencing the Shadow in favour of her son, or allowing the Anarchist to influence her?

Is it possible to reset the story after finishing? I made a mistake and chose the wrong option.

Not at the minute, to my knowledge, although I expect it will eventually be resettable a la The Gift and other Fate stories.

Does anyone know how you get “a class accustomed to revels?” Is there a specific combination of students that you need?