A bouquet of fresh mushrooms! For your sweetheart!

[quote=The Duke of Waltham]
EDIT: I didn’t have any problem identifying Honey Mazed as a crazy person, but I didn’t pay much attention to it, either. The man is actually dressed in (honey-stained) white tie and a top hat. His clothes are rather light in colour, probably to make his features stand out, but that way it’s harder to see that he’s ruining expensive evening wear (in addition to wielding what looks like a meat cleaver).
edited by The Duke of Waltham on 1/30/2016[/quote]

And here I always thought that was supposed to be vomit running down his chin :P

Never could figure out what was up with his foot either…

Wait, that isn’t vomit? Well, that makes it somewhat less disgusting.

Another pic that initially confused me was the Loathsome Imp’s. I originally thought he had a brown body and a white, penguin-like belly and it wasn’t until I saw a larger picture of him on the wiki that I realized he’s actually looking back over his shoulder and what I mistook for his belly is actually his ARM :P

[quote=Cecil]Honey Mazed: http://d39jqyxiuv7ej3.cloudfront.net/icons/honeymazed.png

Nightmares: http://d39jqyxiuv7ej3.cloudfront.net/icons/sidebarnightmares.png

I likewise had a problem with Matriarchs for a while. I feel like there’s other images I’ve mistook before…[/quote]
I am always a bit disturbed by the honey-mazed guy. At first, he looked like he was going to pull off a mighty roundhouse kick to me! Thinking on it a bit, it might be because he’s pretty much taken over. The red eye is reminiscent of the Direful Reflection. Seems like he’s hiding the other red eye with a monocle. Looks like his legs are in a runner’s position with one leg extended, twisting his torso to face you. Still, having torn pants on one leg is really crazy, he might as well prepare for a mighty kick too!

Wow, this whole time, I saw a guy in some party hat treading dangerous waves, like it was a literal representation of death by water for Nightmares. I never saw the guy waking up from bed until now. What a complete 180!

Yup, I had very similar thoughts, I hope you see the plague mask look now that Cordelia Blackburne talked about earlier in the thread.

You…you! I’m going to think he’s in a bear mascot costume now. :D

OH

That’s a SHARK THING, with EYES and a FIN.

I always thought the Touching Love Stories was an old fashioned powdered wig. Please don’t ask me to explain … that’s… just what I saw.

And yes, I also thought the Midnight Matriarch was an owl until … very recently indeed.

I’m habing a hard time understanding Impossible Theorem. Is it an opening with a vortex around it? Twisting of reality around it? Just a door with walls of clay and mud, roots passing through the wall (That is the same picture as the Clay Quarters underground)?

What is that supposed to be a picture of?

Where is that? Background which no longer exist?

You get to see that header if you’re pursuing a Nemesis. Well, I think you might be able to skip it, but you get the chance at least.

The dream from consuming R__ honey, you mean? so it’s probably a broken arch of the mind. Hence, the reuse makes sense as well.

Oh yeah, silver fountain! Makes sense now!
Also, I always saw the merry gentleman as just having a funny hat.

[quote=phryne]From the time I first unlocked the Forgotten Quarter, the strange shape on the banner’s right side reminded me of the Alien creature from the Ridley Scott movie. I only recently realized it’s meant to be the snout of a horse-statue… :spock:

[/quote]

[quote=Lady Sapho Byron][quote=Cordelia Blackburne]
Please tell me of Fallen London images you have misinterpreted so that I do not feel alone in my silliness.[/quote]

[li]
For years–yes, years–I thought the Midnight Matriarch was an owl sitting at the end of a branch.[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]I thought it until five minutes ago, when I saw an enlarged picture of her.
[/li]

[quote=phryne]From the time I first unlocked the Forgotten Quarter, the strange shape on the banner’s right side reminded me of the Alien creature from the Ridley Scott movie. I only recently realized it’s meant to be the snout of a horse-statue… :spock:

[/quote]

For about half a year I was sure it’s some kind of jumping leopard thingy on a plinth. And wondered what’s it got to do with horses and Forgotten Quarter.

[quote=Talkes][quote=phryne]From the time I first unlocked the Forgotten Quarter, the strange shape on the banner’s right side reminded me of the Alien creature from the Ridley Scott movie. I only recently realized it’s meant to be the snout of a horse-statue… :spock:

[/quote]

For about half a year I was sure it’s some kind of jumping leopard thingy on a plinth. And wondered what’s it got to do with horses and Forgotten Quarter.[/quote]

Until just now I thought it was a grave robber’s weird hand.

That “silver fountain” looks like an illuminated window in a house on the hill. The closer I look, the more window-like it seems.

That is a window. The silver fountain is the knobbly thing to its left.

It is, I think they are talking about the &quotchandelier&quot in the middle (black)

D’oh! My eye slid right past that, classifying it as some kind of bush without noticing that the “branches” aren’t exactly branch-shaped. When I read “silver fountain” I went to the only silver thing I saw. :-/