Zubmariner comes out today!

[color=#0066ff]Early Access buyers will receive a copy automatically.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Kickstarter Backers will hopefully receive a copy automatically, but if we get reports that you haven’t, we have an email ready to go with keys for everyone.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Excitment levels: ALL STAFF WEARING MATCHING T-SHIRTS[/color]

[quote=Hannah Flynn]
[color=#0066ff]Excitment levels: ALL STAFF WEARING MATCHING T-SHIRTS[/color][/quote]
Pics or it didn’t happened!
In any case, congratulations!!! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 10/11/2016

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Hannah Flynn]
[color=#0066ff]Excitment levels: ALL STAFF WEARING MATCHING T-SHIRTS[/color][/quote]
Pics or it didn’t happened!
In any case, congratulations!!! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 10/11/2016[/quote]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Pics available throughout the day on instagram: failbetter_games :D[/color]

I am totally making a Steam account just for this! Will some sort of deal ( SS+Zubmariner) be eventually available?

[color=#0066ff]Thar shall be a bundle, aye. [/color]

It says “will be available in 5 hours”. Oh the wait… AIT THE WAIT THE WAIT THE WAIT THE W

GAHH!!!

(just sayin’)

rocks back and forth

Only three hours… or is it four? No, it is three… two now? Still three…

One more hour!

AK has a few words to say about Zubmariner, as well…

[b]I paid £11.39 for Sunless Sea. Now I see if I had pre-ordered it, part of kickstarter or just buying the game today for the first, I would get the expansion free,

But because I am one of the many who paid the cash so you were able to keep paying the rent over the last year or so, I get no break at all and am expected to pay ANOTHER £7.99 for the expansion on top of what I already paid! That’s a total of £19.38!

Absolutely ridiculous! Are you trying to lose loyal customers[/b]
edited by UK_john on 10/11/2016

That’s sort of the point of Kickstarters - pay money early, get discounts later.

Paid DLC is not that weird a concept in the gaming world at large.

Are you actually indignant at having to pay for an expansion? Or that there’s a better deal for Sunless Sea today than when you bought it? How would you have gotten the expansion free by buying Sunless Sea today?

[quote=UK_john][b]I paid £11.39 for Sunless Sea. Now I see if I had pre-ordered it, part of kickstarter or just buying the game today for the first, I would get the expansion free,

But because I am one of the many who paid the cash so you were able to keep paying the rent over the last year or so, I get no break at all and am expected to pay ANOTHER £7.99 for the expansion on top of what I already paid! That’s a total of £19.38!

Absolutely ridiculous! Are you trying to lose loyal customers[/b]
edited by UK_john on 10/11/2016[/quote]

People buying Sunless right now aren’t getting Zub as well. There is a bundle for the both. It also happens to be more expensive than Zubmariner, slightly. The only thing being discounted, standalone or in bundle, is the base game, and FBG reserves the right to put that on sale, which they have done so. Newbies are not paying less for the expack than people who had the game.

I would say that at least some of the people who backed the Kickstarter paid more than £20 to Failbetter, several gave significantly more to get some other rewards and input into the game. Zubmariner was one of two stretch goals and without those backers Sunless Sea and now Zubmariner would not exist.

Also Failbetter do need to make money to continue making their games.

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]Early Access buyers will receive a copy automatically.[/color][/quote]Mh, how exactly? Is it just part of &quotDownload new stories&quot or am I waiting for an email? Or something?

Tbh, I bought Sunless Sea what seems like ages ago. I think it was during Early Access, but I’m not entirely sure…

“£7.99” That’s two kebabs. If you don’t eat those two kebabs, you can discover what lies beneath the waves (nothing of consequence, of course). Pretty good deal, mm ?

[quote=Rupho Schartenhauer][quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]Early Access buyers will receive a copy automatically.[/color][/quote]Mh, how exactly? Is it just part of &quotDownload new stories&quot or am I waiting for an email? Or something?

Tbh, I bought Sunless Sea what seems like ages ago. I think it was during Early Access, but I’m not entirely sure…[/quote]

If you bought it through Steam or redeemed the Steam code through Humble Bundle it should be automatically added to your library.

[quote=Optimatum]If you bought it through Steam or redeemed the Steam code through Humble Bundle it should be automatically added to your library.[/quote]Thanks, I did the latter but it’s not in my library.
Before contacting support with this, I’ll try to find out when exactly I bought the game…
:edit: Dec 2013 - that should’ve been early access, right?
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 10/12/2016

That would definitely be early access - the game was officially released in February 2015.