Yay! Hidden qualities category is now a thing!

Callooh! Callay! Rejoyce! Hosannas sing!

ETA: Oh and A Moment in Time is now a Story quality, not a Hidden quality
edited by genesis on 8/9/2016

If I submit a ticket with a request to change one of my &quotYour Opinion&quot qualities, what are the chances that it will be honored?

I really like the change.

In addition, I would like qualities from Exceptional Stories to be under a separate category (not necessarily the “Hidden” category, but something different–perhaps simply “Exceptional”?).

er, what changed again?

[li]
On the myself page, there is a new subcategory for hidden qualities among previous ones like dreams or quirks.

I don’t see it…

That is because you don’t have any qualities that would be there, if you ever get a quality that is inside of that category the category will appear.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Me too! It’s nice being able to keep track of all the survey questions I’ve answered.

That is because you don’t have any qualities that would be there, if you ever get a quality that is inside of that category the category will appear.[/quote]

That seems strange, though, because at the very least the early-game gender and age questions should appear there

That is because you don’t have any qualities that would be there, if you ever get a quality that is inside of that category the category will appear.[/quote]

That seems strange, though, because at the very least the early-game gender and age questions should appear there[/quote]

Note that it’s possible to refuse them.

Yes, but in that case the Bazaar’s Questions quality is still set to some value as otherwise there is no way for the game to know that you have in fact opted out.

The questions might have been turned off temporarily; I have a new account who has yet to draw the initial card.

On the subject of survey questions - I have only ever gotten three, the two at the beginning and my opinion on Cut With Moonlight. Since I have played almost all other EF stories, I wonder why I have not gotten more. Can I influence this in some way?
edited by Arandia on 8/10/2016

I think they give survey questions to a random selection of people who have played each ES. I don’t have qualities for surveys on lots of ESs and I have played them all too - I think that’s how it works.

My impression is that the Enthusiastic Urchin card is released only for the first one or two weeks of the month. Why, I cannot say. But whenever I did the story within a few days of its release I always got a survey card and whenever I delayed to the end of the month I never got the survey card.

I’ve only been an EF since The Pentecost Predicament, but I’ve always done the stories immediately and I’ve never gotten the survey.

I have “opinion” qualities for seven different ESes. I think that is all of the Exceptional Stories I have done, though I’m not sure.

I only recently had my &quotBazaar’s Questions&quot quality switched so I can receive survey questions so I don’t have any of those. I can now see my Irrigo Splotch though, which is neat. Also, if you’ve been a mobile beta tester it turns out you are &quotMechanically Avant-Garde&quot.

Hm. Another mystery… The Exceptional Story “Lost in Reflections” had a weird quality change. When you find, investigate and leave July’s roost you get two quality updates. One is the standard “Lost In Reflections” tracker quality. The other is very mysterious.

It has a raven icon and the text “Someone is coming…” but its name is not apparent - it’s one of those qualities that when it gets updated it only gives custom text (“You have investigated July’s roost” in this case.) This quality is nowhere to be found and for a long time some of us thought that it was a Hidden quality.

But now that this category is available, I decided to replay the story. The quality change is still there but is nowhere to be found, not even under the Hidden category…