Worst luck and/or misclicks you've had?

[quote=An Individual]Sleepy morning. Sell a bunch of stuff. Buy goat. Go to Seeking Road. Go to drown secrets. Blacken mind. Bye bye 100 points of watchful. Goat shakes head in disgust.[/quote]Oh NO. BRB gonna add that to the stylesheet to take that option away.

[spoiler]I’ve had some pretty epic misclicks in my day let me tell you. My first memorable misclick was during my early days when I was playing through the war for wolfstack docks storyline. So many claymen died that day, needlessly :’(

Then the second tournament of knife and candle started up. When it was new it was invite only, and if you retired or got knocked out of the leagues (by losing all your tokens) you lost ALL of your K&C items. Well, I was very enthusiastic at expanding the game to as many people as possible, and kept sending out every spare token I ever owned. The only problem was the invite new players button was located next to the retire from K&C and lose everything button. The first time I misclicked it, I lost all of my everything and since players and prize tokens were rarer back then, those losses were equal to about 1% of the total tokens in circulation at the time across all 500 players.

The second time I retired accidentally from K&C was also bad, but less so as there had been more prize token distributions by then- however, the second retirement was from the Bronze League, which was retired like within, like, an hour of my misclick. Everyone who was in the bronze league at the time it was retired got a bunch of free prize tokens :’(

I accidentally retired my max level K&C orders medals once too, and those weren’t cheap in the ‘manual prize token broadcast is the only source of them’ days.

There was a time in the past when I was against associating with the revolutionaries at all. Five card lodgings were just released, and I went to great lengths, and I mean -great lengths- to grind out a master’s blood in time to get the spire lodging without selling the nadir to the revs. I also tried to lower my connected the revolutionaries to 0 for this option but without advancing liberation of night. I found I could do this by raising my dangerous on the Connected revolutionaries card. Unfortunately, at low levels of connected revolutionaries, that option drops to the bottom of the list and the option to sell the nadir becomes the top option. And I misclicked. And it set my ‘closest to’ quality to The Revolutionaries. And it was during a period of time where it was impossible to change who you were closest to other than the one time nadir sale action. I sent Failbetter like five bug reports titled misclick that were just several pages of all caps letter A’s (ex. AAAAAAAA) before I sent a follow up that said never mind I’ve calmed down haha. After that incident, I decided to just go with it, and have been a revs supporter ever since. Although I did change back to closest to the bohemians as soon as I could.

I’ve accidently sold a max level Singular plant. Those things take a literal forever to relevel auuuugh, and it was just after getting my 6th rosette. I never did get the 7th one I always wanted after that. :’(

The worst was probably the time I went to send a friend a gift of 100 fate from the house of chimes though. OMG. OMG!!! IT WAS SO BAD!!! So in that specific branch, all of the options are fate spend options. I went to click send 100 fate, but missed and clicked &quotSpend 30 fate to reset your house of chimes entry quality!&quot FFFFFFFFFF, I lost scarlet saint -and- 30 fate -and- it was after the quirks changes. Do you know how hard it is to get back the scarlet saint requirements as a max level player who has already locked out of all the early story lines??? GGGGG I die. It was the literal worst. No less than 600 actions and 300 fate were lost trying to recover scarlet saint from that incident. Never again will I use Mr Chimes like that, he is the most dangerous fate send. Literally a death trap of fate options that will really mess you up and take your real world money money on a misclick. Always use the lofty words for fate sends kids, OMG.[/spoiler]

I know I’ve done some more absurd misclicks, but those are the ones that really stick out in my mind.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/18/2016

1 Like

[quote=NiteBrite][spoiler]I’ve had some pretty epic misclicks in my day let me tell you. My first memorable misclick was during my early days when I was playing through the war for wolfstack docks storyline. So many claymen died that day, needlessly :’(

Then the second tournament of knife and candle started up. When it was new it was invite only, and if you retired or got knocked out of the leagues (by losing all your tokens) you lost ALL of your K&C items. Well, I was very enthusiastic at expanding the game to as many people as possible, and kept sending out every spare token I ever owned. The only problem was the invite new players button was located next to the retire from K&C and lose everything button. The first time I misclicked it, I lost all of my everything and since players and prize tokens were rarer back then, those losses were equal to about 1% of the total tokens in circulation at the time across all 500 players.

The second time I retired accidentally from K&C was also bad, but less so as there had been more prize token distributions by then- however, the second retirement was from the Bronze League, which was retired like within, like, an hour of my misclick. Everyone who was in the bronze league at the time it was retired got a bunch of free prize tokens :’(

I accidentally retired my max level K&C orders medals once too, and those weren’t cheap in the ‘manual prize token broadcast is the only source of them’ days.

There was a time in the past when I was against associating with the revolutionaries at all. Five card lodgings were just released, and I went to great lengths, and I mean -great lengths- to grind out a master’s blood in time to get the spire lodging without selling the nadir to the revs. I also tried to lower my connected the revolutionaries to 0 for this option but without advancing liberation of night. I found I could do this by raising my dangerous on the Connected revolutionaries card. Unfortunately, at low levels of connected revolutionaries, that option drops to the bottom of the list and the option to sell the nadir becomes the top option. And I misclicked. And it set my ‘closest to’ quality to The Revolutionaries. And it was during a period of time where it was impossible to change who you were closest to other than the one time nadir sale action. I sent Failbetter like five bug reports titled misclick that were just several pages of all caps letter A’s (ex. AAAAAAAA) before I sent a follow up that said never mind I’ve calmed down haha. After that incident, I decided to just go with it, and have been a revs supporter ever since. Although I did change back to closest to the bohemians as soon as I could.

I’ve accidently sold a max level Singular plant. Those things take a literal forever to relevel auuuugh, and it was just after getting my 6th rosette. I never did get the 7th one I always wanted after that. :’(

The worst was probably the time I went to send a friend a gift of 100 fate from the house of chimes though. OMG. OMG!!! IT WAS SO BAD!!! So in that specific branch, all of the options are fate spend options. I went to click send 100 fate, but missed and clicked &quotSpend 30 fate to reset your house of chimes entry quality!&quot FFFFFFFFFF, I lost scarlet saint -and- 30 fate -and- it was after the quirks changes. Do you know how hard it is to get back the scarlet saint requirements as a max level player who has already locked out of all the early story lines??? GGGGG I die. It was the literal worst. No less than 600 actions and 300 fate were lost trying to recover scarlet saint from that incident. Never again will I use Mr Chimes like that, he is the most dangerous fate send. Literally a death trap of fate options that will really mess you up and take your real world money money on a misclick. Always use the lofty words for fate sends kids, OMG.[/spoiler]

I know I’ve done some more absurd misclicks, but those are the ones that really stick out in my mind.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/18/2016[/quote]

[appalled face]
Same as the last post above you, you did misclicked and lost your Hedonism by being sent to the tomb-colonies too, if I remember correctly, right?
If I am not mistaken it was higher than 15 and after the 15 cap was implemented.
edited by Gonen on 6/18/2016

Oh man, that was last hallowmas. How could I forget. I was kissing counterfeit heads for quick scandal for confessions of whimsey, and popping over to the message tab to accept a bunch of the menace reducing confessions without going to the story tab. But I got efficiency greedy and tried to do it with two windows open. One on my inventory, and the other on my messages tab. This caused a conflict though and instead of accepting a social action, it refreshed the page kicking me into the story tab and therefore into the tomb colonies, halving my hedonist. So not so much a misclick rather the folly of trying to play across two windows at the same time. But it was a similar effect. I got sent to the tomb colonies a second time for similar reasons (with normal menace gains, I forgot I was wearing scarlet stockings for +1), and then my hedonist was 4. Quirks are supposed to reflect the BIG decisions and who your character is as a person, but I went from higher than 15 to 4 in like 2 clicks. I can never take quirks seriously again after that :v

EDIT: The worst part is I purposefully stocked up over 200+ counterfeit heads for this sole puropse of hallowmas usage. And I lost all of my hedonist before I was even a dozen in. You need hedonist -12- to kiss them. I have 200+ heads for kissing, and my hedonist is -4-. RIP D:

1 Like

[quote=NiteBrite]Oh man, that was last hallowmas. How could I forget. I was kissing counterfeit heads for quick scandal for confessions of whimsey, and popping over to the message tab to accept a bunch of the menace reducing confessions without going to the story tab. But I got efficiency greedy and tried to do it with two windows open. One on my inventory, and the other on my messages tab. This caused a conflict though and instead of accepting a social action, it refreshed the page kicking me into the story tab and therefore into the tomb colonies, halving my hedonist. So not so much a misclick rather the folly of trying to play across two windows at the same time. But it was a similar effect. I got sent to the tomb colonies a second time for similar reasons (with normal menace gains, I forgot I was wearing scarlet stockings for +1), and then my hedonist was 4. Quirks are supposed to reflect the BIG decisions and who your character is as a person, but I went from higher than 15 to 4 in like 2 clicks. I can never take quirks seriously again after that :v

EDIT: The worst part is I purposefully stocked up over 200+ counterfeit heads for this sole puropse of hallowmas usage. And I lost all of my hedonist before I was even a dozen in. You need hedonist -12- to kiss them. I have 200+ heads for kissing, and my hedonist is -4-. RIP D:
edited by NiteBrite on 6/18/2016[/quote]

Yeah, not sure why high Austere halving your Hedonism has to automatically take precedence over the opposite. Or why we can’t have, say, a second return unchanged option unlocked at really high Hedonism because you are just so incorrigible.

1 Like

3 expeditions to A Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven: An instrument(1-19), A trophy (20-37) and A wooden mask (41-59). Was expecting a payback of RNG after getting 5 Unsigned messages in 3 days. :D
Still, I think NiteBrite has the lead!

…I failed a challenge and my aunt got pwned. Then I had to spend fate to get her back, and now I’m too cheap to pay the price for her! Three bottles of muscaria brandy???

WELP. I was going to send a letter, and I accidentally quit my profession. I was a Crooked Cross. Now I have to start all over.

Maybe I’ll just hang out and be a Conjurer again for a while. I miss that imp.

I was about to post that I did the same thing! Worked out okay in the end - it wasn’t too much work to regain my Correspondence status, and it kept me busy for a few days.

Yeah, I was thinking it’d be a nice change of pace from grinding for Mourning Candles. It’d also be kind of fun to relive the &quotearly days.&quot

Worst luck: In the last 2 weeks, I have gotten over a dozen Unsigned Messages. Awesome, right? There are only 4 things that have exactly 1 number in the Bundle list- a starveling cat, your soul, the previous soul location, and the Blemmington Secretary. I’m currently farming packages/doing gift exchanges to try to get the secretary and my soul back.
In the last 2 weeks I have received 3 Starveling Cats from Mr Pages.
What on earth are you trying to tell me, dude?

I was relatively far along the (old) SMEN storyline, had the stains, scars and the chains and the first candle, if I remember correctly. I was hell bent on destroying myself. Then came a card with an option to quit the storyline and I accidentally clicked it. I was pretty annoyed, but have now come to terms with it. It was probably better that way.
edited by SmallFish on 6/29/2016

1 Like

Guess who picked a dumb time to misclick and throw Slowcake out? Luckily I was at N3 and have enough BDR for 1 & 2, but I’m out 30 echoes I’d rather have…

That’s happened to me as well Parelle. I’m nearly at the point of just discarding the card when I draw it because the +MW for waiting for him to speak just isn’t meaningful to me and the risk of mis-clicking the “toss him out” – which is just below it for me – well … just too high a chance.

Yes, I just did that myself, Parelle, just as I was on the verge of going from 12 to 13. I confess, I said a bad word (well, several).

– Mal

It’s the fourth time i am raising my green companion. All the times i get >11, for some apparent mystical reason i am ludicrously attracted by the “Get Rid of It”.

It’s embarassing.

2 Likes

Maybe, it’s not the most incredible streak of bad luck but it was quite annoying. As I’m tracking the vake. I wish to become a rat-catcher before drinking the tiny drink. So i faithfully reserve my AP to draw cards. It takes me 3 weeks until today I finally draw &quotthe river side : the docks&quot. How many time have I raged when drawing &quotthe criminal side&quot seriously i won’t buy that all job opportunities come with same frequencies, I draw it every day -_-. Got every other job opportunity in the mean time two to three times.
Just for fun, i add that i have lost about thousand certifiable scrap with the relicker, i tried every time and i lost every time. But don’t worry, i will wait patiently and come back when i will win AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
edited by Noz WOLF on 4/25/2017

I had a dream last night that I accidentally clicked on the wrong one of two available options by mistake, costing my character nearly all of his rare or otherwise valuable materials in exchange for a betrayal and a curse, when the alternative option had been to achieve one of Koenig’s ambitions from the start of his journey to the Neath.

1 Like

Don’t give the writers ideas :P

I get the feeling that is in part how SMEN came into existence.