Who are the Most Wanted Pets of the Feast?

There’s also one for the Captivating Princess.

EDIT: I’m going to set up another thread to prevent a total derail, if nobody minds.
edited by OPG on 2/21/2014

That sounds like a good idea.

Bam, done.

[quote=Pnakotic]That is just wonderful, I can read those tattoos now![/quote]This Sunless Sea Kickstarter retrospective has a close-up too. The image is larger, but also cropped.

SF isn’t interested in any of the romantic options, but he’s willing to use their attractions for his own benefit. Ideally, he’d obtain all of them, but he’s most interested in the characters which provide shadowy/watchful bonuses, as well as the two Devilish characters.

I’m so undecided! I have 95 Masquing and I’m so very fond of the Firebrand that he’s one of my first choices for a Spouse (and I’m kind of afraid that, it he will become companionable, the upgraded version will be needed!). And it will be relatively easy to get 5 Masquing more.
But on the other hand I instinctively feel I should take Soap because he will be the right Companion for me, in addition to the fact that Clay men itch my scientific curiosity side as well.

Ah, if only there were a mechanical man, I wouldn’t have had these doubts!
edited by Master Polarimini on 2/22/2014

I will say that neither the firebrand nor Soap is particularly worthwhile for stats alone. Sure the firebrand gives a 9 in one stat, but thats not high enough to really justify hist cost. Thus you should probably just pick the one you think is most interesting to be with. All other things equal, though, I would probably choose Soap, since his story has a lot more future potential, while the firebrand’s is probably mostly finished.

keep in mind that 5 masquing at currently 95 masquing will actually cost you 10 fate.

Is it possible to acquire the 40 masquing petpanions without expending fate?

Nope, sorry.

ah well. what am i going to do with all this scorn then?

Not much. Gifts of Scorn only raise Masquing to 5. You can sell them if you’d like.

For someone just reaching PoSI levels in stats, is the Wheel still a decently profitable way to quickly improve Persuasive while still making a little money, or is it inefficient compared to Mahogany Hall?

I think it’s okay, but I’m not the sort of player who keeps documents and spreadsheets. Part of it comes down to your personal luck, since it doesn’t matter if it’s 80% likely to give you +3 CP if you keep getting unlucky despite the odds.

For someone just reaching PoSI levels in stats, is the Wheel still a decently profitable way to quickly improve Persuasive while still making a little money, or is it inefficient compared to Mahogany Hall?[/quote]
It’s +3cp in persuasive most of the time, and romantic notions aren’t exactly easily farmable in other places. I’m farming it for all its worth even though gifts of scorn is useless now. Right now i’m sitting on 50+ of them, but got only 3 rare successes so far.

[li]

Flipz - Looking at you sig it might be worth saying I had a character ride the wheel of Affection enough times to get enough Romantic Notions to convert up to get the 20 Bazaar Permits they needed to get (edit) Premises at the Bazaar. They still have 20+ Gifts of Scorn but managed to get all the 10 masquing and below companions. I’m thinking of the gifts of scorn as a start to next years masquing. Also during the feast they have managed to gain around 20 levels of persuasive so far but I’m online a lot of the day.[li]

Edit to add - they already had 30 Bazaar Permits mainly from activities in the flit.
edited by circe on 2/25/2014[/li][li]
edited by circe on 2/25/2014

circe - presumably you mean Premises at the Bazaar rather than rooms at the Brass Embassy? As far as I’m aware there’s no Bazaar Permit route to acquiring the latter…

[quote=Master Polarimini]I’m so undecided! I have 95 Masquing and I’m so very fond of the Firebrand that he’s one of my first choices for a Spouse (and I’m kind of afraid that, it he will become companionable, the upgraded version will be needed!). And it will be relatively easy to get 5 Masquing more.
But on the other hand I instinctively feel I should take Soap because he will be the right Companion for me, in addition to the fact that Clay men itch my scientific curiosity side as well.

Ah, if only there were a mechanical man, I wouldn’t have had these doubts!
edited by Master Polarimini on 2/22/2014[/quote]

I’ve just obtained the company of the Firebrand Reforged and I have to say he’s . . . somewhat changed. If you were expecting the man you used to know, I’m not entirely sure he’s there any more.
[li]

You’re right I made a mistake.

I’ve got everyone from last Feast except the Educated Gentleman, the Irresistible Lady, and the Quiet Deviless. I went after the Hollow-Eyed Tragedian first and Lettice second last year, I think. I have a definite fondness for the undead, especially the super-mysterious Drownies. And nonhumans in general.

This year I picked up the Pirate Poet and the Ghostly Presence, and then Soap once I got enough Masquing together. I’m trying to scrape together another 80 for his partner, because I want to keep them together and I like both of them anyhow. I’d like to also get the Stiff-Backed Young Lady and maybe the Reforged Firebrand but I don’t think I have any chance of affording that.