Whitsun - Guide

It also takes 125 research to complete, and gives 1 CP of Artisan of the Red Science, and 1 Direful Reflection.

Thank you.

Posted on Reddit and Discord so sorry for those that see this AGAIN!

I have updated the initial sheet for Whitsun and now it includes a calculator for pennies based on days left, coins/device owned.

Enjoy!

I think Auroch Fur Coat is the best clothing to go for, given it matches the highest Bazaar item for Shadowy in that slot, but increases BDR. Having a third Nightmare-reducing item could be handy too.

Having the rubbery dragon opens up a research option in “Draw on your Knowledge of the Shapeling Arts”

Listed all additionals I know of.

I am finding this whole egg thing tiresome and complicated.

Me too. The Augmentations and their results are especially tedious to me, after I figured them out.

To elaborate, the different Augmentations are not really there to give you different monsters; they are just there to make sure that you can’t use the same source of Aug again.
edited by Rostygold on 5/13/2020

And some kind soul compiled results from cracking the eggs on wiki. I simply added a link.

To my knowledge the guide is complete. Not interested in EPA calculations and such, and won’t add them here.

I sold an Aged Egg to the Enthusiast of the Ancient World at the Bone Market, for which I received 40 Bessemer Steel Ingot in exchange, a rate that I must confess ignorance as to its relative value, but I did accept it without leaving London, which, I might say, seems to be an advantage for all things lab related, particularly for mine, not yet a week old, too young to have taught more than barely qualified students, much less to have had much other reason to have frequented the Bone Market, where I might have learned whether there is an analogous buyer for Scarlet Eggs, and thus I must admit ignorance thereof.

There is such a buyer, who trades in Nightsoil. That individual is somewhat more difficult to encounter.

I also consider the trade ratios rather good. Certainly better than what you can obtain by Viric means.

Ugh, all this ad hoc patching is getting tedious. Also it betrays lack of forethought on devs part.
Added Bone market.

Is there a way to transfer ownership of the thread? I’m not exactly fed up with this yet, but it’s already in the vicinity.

Does anyone know whether there exists a way to increase the cap on Artisan of the Red Science or Shapeling Arts above 5? I know that you can increase your practical level in those arts by equipping a creature, or donning a garment, that gives +1 to those abilities. I mean an actual change in the cap like the ones you can get for A Player of Chess, Glasswork, or Monstrous Anatomy.

Wait, there is an actual change in the cap for that three stats? Would you be so kint to elaborate or give me a link?

So I understand that trading eggs with other players produces different creatures upon hatching treated eggs. Do they also produce from an entirely separate pool when augmented?

[quote=Frenzgyn]
Wait, there is an actual change in the cap for that three stats? Would you be so kint to elaborate or give me a link?[/quote]

There is an experiment in the laboratory that can increase the cap on Monstrous Anatomy, and I saw an option in the Dome of Scales that raises the cap on Glasswork. Don’t know anything about the Chess thing, though. Haven’t really delved into that yet.

Time to spam :)
If you use the public Whitsun calculator sheet, please use the new formula from Target coins! It seems that I forgot to update this public sheet. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to Reddit user WorshipingBroccoli for pointing it out!
edited by Skinnyman on 5/13/2020

There are experiments in the Lab to raise the cap on Monstrous Anatomy and Kataleptic Toxicology. The experiments are not visible until you reach 5 in the corresponding stats.

Raising the cap on Glasswork is straightforward in the Dome of Scales.

Raising the cap on Player of Chess is available at the Chessboard, but takes some exploring to discover and some planning to accomplish.

To my knowledge, ways to raise the cap for Shapeling Arts, Artisan of the Red Science, and Mithridacy are not accessible in the game yet. I expect them to be related to some of the upcoming content that isn’t released yet. In particular, I strongly expect Shapeling Arts and Red Science to both tie into the part of the Bone Market that is locked until “End of May.”

The guide has the wrong augmentations for Scarlet Eggs—the augmentations for Invigorated and Enlightened are swapped.

[quote=PSGarak]There are experiments in the Lab to raise the cap on Monstrous Anatomy and Kataleptic Toxicology. The experiments are not visible until you reach 5 in the corresponding stats.

Raising the cap on Glasswork is straightforward in the Dome of Scales.

Raising the cap on Player of Chess is available at the Chessboard, but takes some exploring to discover and some planning to accomplish.

To my knowledge, ways to raise the cap for Shapeling Arts, Artisan of the Red Science, and Mithridacy are not accessible in the game yet. I expect them to be related to some of the upcoming content that isn’t released yet. In particular, I strongly expect Shapeling Arts and Red Science to both tie into the part of the Bone Market that is locked until &quotEnd of May.&quot[/quote]

You could well be right. Since I’m not the world’s expert on maximizing outcomes in the Game, I figured I’d ask. Thanks. (P.S. I have maximized the caps on Glasswork, Monstrous Anatomy, Kataleptic Toxicology and A Player of Chess.)