Whitsun 2024 is here!

So…does anyone know what I need, exactly?

There are 8 locations around London where you can apply augments to an egg and only 2 of them will work for a specific invigorated or enlightened egg. If you visit one of them who cannot work on your egg they give you a clue.

So do what he says and go to Veilgarden, if you want a second augment on your (presumably Scarlet, invigorated) egg you need to visit The Shuttered Palace.

4 Likes

Well, thank you very much for that explanation!

Looking at the lock/unlock requirements for the branch you’re about to play can let you know whether you have a matching egg or not

1 Like

Oh yeah, there’s at least one new Card in the City in Silver for Whitsun.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get rid of fully invigorated/enlightened eggs without hatching them?

I want to smash open partially invigorated/enlightened eggs, but mistakenly 3x invigorated one, and I can’t feed it to De Gustibus because I already fed him two eggs.

Seems like forcing us to hatch a fully invigorated/enlightened egg isn’t a good idea. At least let us sell it or give it away.

2 Likes

Does the highly illegal experimental augmentation device (probably) count as a regular augmentation or does it only count for the third? My alt doesn’t yet have Mahogany Hall unlocked so can they substitute the device to get the 2 augmentation hatchlings, or can the device only ever count as the third augmentation?

2 Likes

The illegal device counts as a regular augmentation. To do a triple augmentation, you need the two augmentations from the specific locations, plus the illegal device’s augmentation.

So if you want to do only one augmentation and don’t want to travel, you can just quickly use the illegal device to do an augmentation once.

6 Likes

and once you have the device that augmentation is free, while you have to pay for the other two. So it is worth using that option for the first augmentation before paying.

2 Likes

TUNEFUL HAT! TUNEFUL HAT!
FORGET THE STARVELING CAT!
I’M JOYOUS AND GLAD, GIVE ME A PAT! NOW I’VE GOTTA GET THAT–
…ah. Aged eggs cost Ha’pennies. Guess I’ll have to live without thorned ribcages till next year.

7 Likes

Big reminder that today is the last day you can buy eggs!

2 Likes

I really agree with all this – I love the worldbuilding and writing, and the variations keep the grinding from feeling stale and repetitive. It’s a great addition to the game.

1 Like

Heeeey, what happens if you have a couple of un-augmented eggs left over when Whitsun ends? Do you just get to hatch them next year? If so, would it be an effective way to get the eggs that are unavailable in said next year-for example, carrying a bunch of scarlet eggs into next year, when they cost a ha’pennie?

Unfortunately, all eggs are removed when the event ends. (It’s to prevent a dreadful stench.)

2 Likes

Sad, sad! Oh well, oh well, at least it makes sense economically.

1 Like

All eggs have been liquidated by now, yes. But if you had some eggs that cost Ha’Pennies on your person after the event ended, you should have been automagically refunded an equivalent number of Ha’Pennies before the eggs vanished!

3 Likes

O-kay, thank you fbg person.

1 Like

> eggs
> liquidated

hmmm.

6 Likes

REMOVE THIS BEFOULING DEED OF VILLAINY THAT STANDS BEFORE ME!
OH, THE OUTRAGE!

But really, do imagine if Londoners really drank the liquidated husks of Whitsun eggs.

2 Likes

I’ll have you know that liquid egg concoction is actually great for omlettes, especially when one is camping or something where one cannot reach a stove or a consistent source of eggs in a quick fashion. Still a horrendous abomination, but a very helpful one.

1 Like