Whitsun 2022 is here!

[color=#ff3366]Whitsun – a Fallen London festival marked by the mysterious and abrupt appearance of eggs – is here![/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Eggs all over London – in bath tubs, balanced on chimneys, nestled in sofas, tucked in the holds of docked ships. And they’re vast ones, the size of a beer barrel, an over-rounded dog, a prize-winning marrow.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]This year, a new type of egg is available at Whitsun. The Pelagic Egg is much like the eggs from previous years – except in the ways in which it is not. What will hatch from it?[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]All of last year’s Whitsun items are available again this year, though Aged and Percipient eggs will cost one Amber Ha’Penny to buy. Once again, you will get three Ha’Pennies at the start of the festival, with the ability to obtain more for Fate. Spend them wisely.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Acquire an egg. Apply augmentations to it, if you like. Why not? The d___ed things are everywhere, and while London is hardly short on distractions, they’re wonderfully novel – though they do take up quite a bit of space in your parlour.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Incubate eggs, one at a time. What will happen when they hatch? Who knows! Each will take 24 hours to hatch unless you, ahem, assist it.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]What else to do with them? Try sending one to a friend. Surely no more dangerous than a boxed cat![/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Also: there’s a gathering of gourmets who will sample almost anything: the Apicius Club. These connoisseurs of novel flavours are reconvening for the festivities, and willing to take all manner of delicacies off your hands, including but not limited to these tempting, giant ova. Look for De Gustibus in Whitsun at Ladybones Road to make their acquaintance.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Employ SCIENCE to further your egg experiments![/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Purchase a Highly Illegal Experimental Augmentation Device (Probably) in order to get the very most out of your eggs, or investigate them in your University Lab to learn more about their mysterious origin.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Whitsun begins today, 9th May 2021. From the 20th, at 14:00 BST, you will no longer be able to buy further eggs. You will be able to incubate and hatch eggs until the 23rd, at 14:00 BST – after which, to prevent a dreadful stench, all eggs will be removed.[/color]
[color=#ff3366]
[/color][color=#ff3366]Enjoy your eggs![/color]

Wait, does this mean we can hatch 15 eggs? Not 12 (9th-20th)?

Does someone from old guard have a spare Highly Illegal Experimental Augmentation Device? I was at Knifegate last year so I dont have enough currency

Would anyone like to exchange eggs?

I bought untreated eggs. Want those?

Maybe my memory is failing me, but I remember the Highly Illegal Device cost 3 ha’pennies, not 5.

Anyway, I have 6 ha’pennies, 3 saved from last year. Contemplating whether to buy the device.

Last year someone posted a helpful table showing the rewards for all treated eggs.

Last year, Percipient and Aged eggs could be bought without ha’pennies. This year it’s Scarlet and Pelagic eggs.

If you speed things up (ha’pennies spending required?) you can hatch many more eggs.

Otherwise, it’s an egg every 24 hours.

Buy egg -> Enlighten and/or Invigorate egg to a level you wish -> Hatch (wait 24 hours)

You can also crack open the eggs (treated or untreated), or send the eggs to be made into nice wearable items:

The Device has always costed 5. And it’s almost certainly the reason why you saved your ha’pennies.

You can wait a bit to pull the trigger on buying the Device. It will give you access to 4 hatchings this year, so even if you buy it a week from now you’ll have time to get full use out of it. All of the Sartorial items are on the Wiki now, but if there are secondary uses they haven’t been discovered.

Buy the Device. One of the purchases with which I have been happiest! The thrice-augmented creatures are SO worth it, and I believe the device is the only way to get a third augmentation.

I have compleat sets of Aurochs, Lyrebirds, Iguanas, Terrorbirds, Squirrels and Spindlewolves. I certainly intend to bag sets of the new two, whatever they may be. Though I still have sartorial items to collect, both new and old. And I’ve finally done Sinning Jenny’s, so I might pursue crustaceans this year. Hmm, decisions, decisions!

I love this holiday!

[quote=Vorwoda Hawksby]Buy the Device. One of the purchases with which I have been happiest! The thrice-augmented creatures are SO worth it, and I believe the device is the only way to get a third augmentation.

I have compleat sets of Aurochs, Lyrebirds, Iguanas, Terrorbirds, Squirrels and Spindlewolves. I certainly intend to bag sets of the new two, whatever they may be. Though I still have sartorial items to collect, both new and old. And I’ve finally done Sinning Jenny’s, so I might pursue crustaceans this year. Hmm, decisions, decisions!

I love this holiday![/quote]

Indeed. I could only get up to the twice augmented pets last year for the Aged and Percipient eggs last year, because first Whitsun and no Device.

Although if someone is generous enough to give a Device to me, I’ll be thrilled. ;)

Here’s another thing to do during Whitsun while you’re waiting for your eggs to hatch:

You need to own/operate your own newspaper at Doubt Street, which newbies (like myself last year) may have not yet unlocked.

I have the Inculcating Kraken. It has a special effect on the card that you get for having Lodgings at the Bazaar, if you have the Novel Birth Mark.

I have no idea what it does, because, despite having an 80% success rate, I failed it five times in a row

[quote=DuskWanderer]I have the Inculcating Kraken. It has a special effect on the card that you get for having Lodgings at the Bazaar, if you have the Novel Birth Mark.

I have no idea what it does, because, despite having an 80% success rate, I failed it five times in a row[/quote]

Ow.

Whelp, I’ve just handed a pail of Hellworm milk to an individual of questionable repute in order to cause…something to happen. Next Whitsun. SURELY THIS WILL BE A REWARDING ENDEAVOUR, IN THE END.

Also just curious, how many people are still stockpiling Sealed Copies of the Crimson Book?
edited by Captain Blood Storm on 5/10/2022

The writing has made me want a Pelagic Cocktail more than I think I’ve ever wanted a fictional drink.

[quote=Captain Blood Storm] Also just curious, how many people are still stockpiling Sealed Copies of the Crimson Book?[/quote] I traded for 7 the first Whitsun and decided that was probably enough until a recurring use showed up. Or until I have more than zero Hell Worms, I suppose.

I got a spare copy last year, with the only justification being an absolutely indefensible “just in case.” Which, due to GCO, ended up being completely accurate.

I’m loading up this year.

So be it. I too shall try my luck at the book races. Which…huh, judging by the fact that I was even able to get FIVE Books this Whitsun so far was solely because of mucking about with my Hellworm seems to suggest my only hope of getting the last two needed for a sacred 7 is from gambling big on worm rides.

I will never not be irrationally concerned about having to stake my goals on the whims of chance, be it this or hoping against hope I draw a Fillip of Effervescence at Station VIII instead of The Other Thing That Does Not Contribute As Much To My Precious Saddle.

This SEEMS to be the first Whitsun where the clothing is less useful than saving pennies, which means by next year we should have a large batch of ‘maxed eggs’ people.

[quote=Toran]This SEEMS to be the first Whitsun where the clothing is less useful than saving pennies, which means by next year we should have a large batch of ‘maxed eggs’ people.[/quote]What are we saving the pennies for though?

The Device.

Players who don’t spend Fate can get the Device if they save ha’pennies over two years. How many players are actually willing to do that depends on how awesome the other ha’penny options are. Personally I didn’t find last year’s gear so compelling, but I have peculiar tastes.