Which NPC would you marry, if it was possible?

There is a distinct possibility that this has been discussed before, but it can’t hurt to talk about it again, can it?

For some reason, I’m expecting many Quiet Deviless fans here. :D

I was really disappointed when my affair with the Honey-Sipping Heiress ended with her marrying somebody else; that story was so much cuter and felt more genuine than the Artist’s Model (not to mention the Heiress having a prettier portrait…).

While my character is certainly inclined towards ladies, she found the Once-Dashing Smuggler’s devil-may-care attitude very charming. Mr Exception, if you will. I’m still hoping he may one day return – since we can already marry a Rubbery, having a Tomb-Colonist possible spouse would be only fitting. But then, maybe he is too singular to become a spouse, what with his relation to the Widow and all.

Also, have there been hints as to the possible future eligibility of certain NPCs, other than the Missionary and the Firebrand?

I’m sure that it was implied that the Feast companions would become possible spouses. I do hope that happens someday.

If it does happen I think I might marry the Diplomat but reserve the right to change my mind.

[quote=lady ciel ]I’m sure that it was implied that the Feast companions would become possible spouses. I do hope that happens someday.

If it does happen I think I might marry the Diplomat but reserve the right to change my mind.[/quote]

…Soo, Pentecost Ape…?

I jest.

Though the morality of marrying something non-human with a human-level intelligence should be evaluated. Maybe I really like my LB friend, hmm?

[quote=Robin Mask][quote=Roqi]There is a distinct possibility that this has been discussed before, but it can’t hurt to talk about it again, can it?

For some reason, I’m expecting many Quiet Deviless fans here. :D

I was really disappointed when my affair with the Honey-Sipping Heiress ended with her marrying somebody else; that story was so much cuter and felt more genuine than the Artist’s Model (not to mention the Heiress having a prettier portrait…).

While my character is certainly inclined towards ladies, she found the Once-Dashing Smuggler’s devil-may-care attitude very charming. Mr Exception, if you will. I’m still hoping he may one day return – since we can already marry a Rubbery, having a Tomb-Colonist possible spouse would be only fitting. But then, maybe he is too singular to become a spouse, what with his relation to the Widow and all.

Also, have there been hints as to the possible future eligibility of certain NPCs, other than the Missionary and the Firebrand?[/quote]

I’m guessing Mr Fires wouldn’t be an option ;)

Oddly, I’ve never been much of a fan of the Quiet Deviless . . . I think I would have picked the Once-Dashing Smuggler or the Firebrand, in all honesty. I found their designs - in terms of character, charm, backstory - to be the most interesting and compelling, as well as being two of the most fleshed out characters. The Sardonic Music-Hall Singer could be a good one, too. Feducci, too.

Seeing as you mentioned Rubbery, and possible Tomb-Colonist, spouses . . . you know the Singular Plant has an entry on the character page for the game on TVTropes? XD I’d love to see The Singular Plant as a spouse possibility, at the risk of permanent scandal, of course XD[/quote]

Marrying a Master would certainly be… special.

I see our minds went down similar roads xD Hey, honestly, a dedicated gardener of the Singular Plant has probably enjoyed a more devoted, caring, filled with sacrifice AND longer relationship with their plant than with their spouse.

bangs my fists on the table

BARBED WIT! BARBED WIT! BARBED WIT!

…ahem.

Seriously though. Dream wife. It was love at first defenestration. I’m always torn between keeping my memento of passion and selling it so I can smooch her again.

I love Lettice, but I feel that she probably isn’t the marrying kind. I wouldn’t wish to curb her freedom.

Oh, and she’s not really much of a character, but I’d love to see more of the God’s Editors lady. Her reaction to your gothic romance is very cute.

ETA: I forgot! The music hall singer. She’s a good laugh - I can’t wait to take see more of her in Flint.
edited by Màiread on 1/27/2016

[quote=Robin Mask][quote=Màiread]bangs my fists on the table

BARBED WIT! BARBED WIT! BARBED WIT!

…ahem.

Seriously though. Dream wife. [/quote]

Ooh, if you get the Barbed Wit, I get dibs on Acclaimed Beauty XD[/quote]

Deal. We’ll invite you both to the wedding.

A more serious suggestions:
Lilac
The Turkish girl
Honey Addled Detective
Topsy King, on his sanity days

Less serious ones:
The Vake
A collection of clothes from Polythreme (wedding gown?)
The capering relicker
Phoebe (Lucy? Still get them confused)
The lady from the &quotStolen Kiss&quot icon
Queer soul
The doorman of the Temple Club
Eater-of-Chains
My own Noman. Will he survive the long wedding preparations? Oh, that will be a tragedy!
The Kashmiri Princess - warning, spoiler:

Both!

A Mysterious Benefactor
The Brass Ambassador (A Polite Invitation)

And let us not forget the memorable characters who will always stay in our hearts, such as:
The female specimen at the Most Educational Anatomy Exhibition tent
That honey mazed individual who flings coins at passerby (An Unusual Wager card)
The Actress at Pickpocket Promenade
A tabby cat (The Alleys of Spite)
Hopkins (Yes! There is a Hopkins on the Velocipede Squad. Bet you didn’t know that, eh? True story)

Surprised nobody’s mentioned the Woman in Green yet!

Oh, I’d smooch the Last Constable too. I feel like Lilac comes into the ‘taken’ category. And yes to the Kashmiri princess!

Maybe’s Daughter!!!

Or if I could ever convince the Wistful Deviless…

Lots from Sunless Sea would be great choices… Nacreous Outcast!! :)

Maybe’s Daughter is probably not the marrying-type… but having her as a companion in FL would be great!

Otherwise, the Last Constable or the Monster-Hunting Academic (Sophia Kincaid! She actually has a NAME! How cool is that?) would be great. Since they’re both from FOTER, I may get lucky someday… ;)

MY HEART IS A DISH BEST EATEN COLD

Why, Mr Eaten, of course

For Pyro:
The Mercies - O please Neathy gods please!
February - The household will be full of debates and derringer shots
Chi Lan - The household will be full of debates and fencing sounds
The Last Constable - She’s probably Pyro’s first crush in the Neath
The Ladies of Hunter’s Keep - They’re quite an enchanting trio

General:
Feducci - What hides behind those bandages? I hope it’s not a second lance.
Revolutionary Firebrand - Ahem… ladies ;)
Once-dashing Smuggler - I actually liked his story, + points that he’s connected to the Widow
Secular Missionary - not as interesting as her husband but I think some do chose her.
Clathermont’s Daughters - I find them a bit intriguing. Could use some more background about them.
Soft-Hearted Widow (UPDATE) - I think she’ll be an excellent partner for those RP’ing as magnanimous people

Fun:
The Bazaar - I just want it to produce happy Lacre instead of sad Lacre
Mr. Eaten - come on, it totally needs a hug
Mr. Pages - best waifu
Dr. Orthos - you have stolen his papers, now you stolen his heart
Clathermont - search your heart, you know this to be true
edited by Pyrodinium on 1/27/2016

I always thought it was a shame that you couldn’t pursue an adventure with the once-dashing smuggler non-romantically.

It’s impossible to choose just one!

-The Once-Dashing Smuggler. I still stare out at the sea, wondering why you never call. I don’t care if you’re married, GET A FREAKING DIVORCE!

-Smirking Mooching Artist Pest. As his only fan, it would be nice to just drop the pretense and let him mooch off me directly instead of having to deal with him knocking on my door every five minutes.

-The Affectionate Devil. Or at least give him to me as a Feast companion. We get the Quiet Deviless and some random Devil I’ve never heard of before, but where is the guy who charmed the pants off me, soul-raped me and now works for my newspaper? I don’t know how to quit him!

-The Prim Baronet. He’s so freaking adorable I can’t even stand it. Plus, once we are wed, perhaps he’ll tell me where he hides his pupils.

-The Revolutionary Firebrand. I went through so much grinding and paid so much money to get you your dream…PUT OUT ALREADY!

-The Cheery Man. My friend really wants to hook up with him…I’m lukewarm about him myself, since he REALLY hurt Flesh-Stick’s feelings :P But the option would be nice.

-The Wry Functionary. His backstory is SO tragically adorable. Let me show him it’s possible to love again.

-Clarence. Don’t roll your eyes at me! Clarence is perfect :P

-The Sardonic Music Hall Singer. Poor Flesh-Stick and his poor pathetic crush on her…since his every attempt gets him nowhere, she’d probably turn him down, but others may have better luck :P

-The Scarred Naturalist because [spoiler] Flesh-Stick: I DON’T CARE IF HE’S DEAD AND THAT SNUFFERS DON’T COME BACK YOU GIVE ME MY SNUFFER BACK RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR ELSE I’LL BRING HIM BACK MYSELF WITH MY MAD SCIENCE CHEMISTRY SET I STOLE FROM THAT OLD LADY WHO LOOKS LIKE MY AUNTIE. I DON’T WANT ANY OTHER SNUFFERS I WANT MINE WHO GETS KIDNAPPED BY SPIDERS AND HAS BAD FASHION SENSE AND MAKES TERRIBLE COFFEE! BAWWWWWW!!!

ALSO, HAS THE BLITHE GRADUATE GOTTEN OVER HIS IMAGINARY GIRLFRIEND YET? I WOULDN’T MIND HOOKING UP WITH HIM EITHER. OKAY, BACK TO BAWWWING. AHEM…BAWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Edit: Going to have to add the Placid Patriarch from the Seven Day Reign here too. An unrepentantly horrible rich evil douchebag with beautiful artwork was too much for me and my evil villain fetish to resist :P I think a lot of my displeasure with the end of the otherwise wonderful Seven Day Reign was due to his deserved but still horrific death being sprung on me when I so dearly wanted to keep him alive. I’d replay that story and give him my sh*thead fake daughter to chomp on in a heartbeat if I could :P

[/spoiler]

Edit: Going to have to add a couple more here now that I’ve played their exceptional stories:

-The Emaciated Survivor from Where You and I Must Go. Just because, as I’ve said, he’s such a woobie and I want to keep him and love him and dote on him forever :P

-The Sear-Eyed Visionary from our Lady of Pyres. He’s so precious and has the coolest artwork in the game. My character is a huge Dawn Machine hater and was also all set to side with the Iconoclast out of duty to the guy who sent him on the mission and then…he laid eyes on this guy. I don’t know if Dawn Machine nutcases are allowed to marry, but perhaps I could be a sinful fling on the side :P

Of course, if they are all made available to me, the next step will be to make sure none of them ever finds out about all the others :P
edited by Kukapetal on 1/31/2016
edited by Kukapetal on 12/7/2016

quietly raises hand :3 Though I know that would likely be a super-unhealthy relationship to have.

The Turkish Girl is also a character I’m fond of, largely because she cared more for her own hedonism than societal expectations. (Those ankles! Scandalous! :-p )

I’m sure there are other characters that just aren’t coming to mind, but I’ve never really thought about this question… I might change my answer to this later.
edited by Kittenpox on 1/28/2016

None of the NPCs really suit me. The Dashing Smuggler would be the most fun, but a lousy spouse. I suppose the Presbyteriate Diplomat would be the best option. At least he’d have better table manners than the Cultured Attache (my main character’s current spouse).

Surprised nobody mentioned Virginia yet. Maybe not for marriage, I understand devils don’t do that kind of thing anyway, but I would be really interested (for a number of reasons) to get to know her better!

I am partial to:
The Turkish Girl (for so many reasons)
The Alluring Accomplice (although she does get into a great deal of trouble!)
The Affable Spy (who doesn’t like affability?)

And, feeling very ambitious, I add:

The Dutchess