What is The Heart quality?

Playing with an alt, just noticed one of the demands, besides embers and High Favors etc, &quotYou unlock this by having no The Heart&quot when trying to win the yacht against Mr. Apple.

What is this quality? Can’t remember seeing this (my main went for a zub).
Also an icon I have never seen before.
If someone can briefly instruct me how to past a picture here, I could load it.

The Heart is a ship available to Sunless Sea backers.

At FL itself?
Are there players which have The Heart instead a zub or a yacht?

I don’t think the Surgeon’s Child story (for a few hundred KS backers) has been released yet. Or if so, people are being very quiet about it! This could be qualities getting added to the system in advance, of course.

Oh, orphaned organs and organ orphans.

[quote=metasynthie]I don’t think the Surgeon’s Child story (for a few hundred KS backers) has been released yet. Or if so, people are being very quiet about it! [/quote]I backed at that level and I’m fairly sure I’d’ve remembered it. :)

Huh. I don’t think I saw that when I challenged for it some months ago.

I would like to re-open this discussion. I think there is something significant here that went under the radar with all the excitement of the feast.
To recap - there is a quality called The Heart, and one can see evidence of that when trying to buy any ship in FL - one of the conditions to buy a ship is this is:
&quotYou unlock this by having no The Heart&quot.
If someone could kindly instruct me how to paste/load a picture here, I will.

If I am not mistaken, and I AM most of the time, that is a new quality, with a new icon. I believe it was implemented very recently.
If I am wrong and it was there since SS came out, then ignore this post (embarrassing). If it IS a new quality, then it may be one of the following (or a mixture of several):

1. There is now, somewhere (haven’t found where), an option to buy the Cladery Heart in FL for everyone.
  2. There is now, somewhere, an option to buy the Cladery Heart in FL for the SS kickstarter backers only. They probably need to sell current ship to see the option available at shipyard. Any high tier backers care to take that chance and sell your hard earned ship?
  3. There is now, somewhere, an option to buy the Cladery Heart in FL for unique individuals who obtained… something. Is that a new riddle? Such as how to get the Hepatgoat or Passion destiny or Paramount Presence (It’s implemented I tell you!)
  4. It is only a teaser for the DLC for SS, which kickstarter backers will get the Cladery Heart there soon enough. Not an option at FL, only to make a buzz
    4.1 Same as point number 4, but perhaps it will be available someday, one day, at FL. On their list. Not now though.

Ideas where to find that hidden option:
*I went to Apis meet and did not find something new there. Perhaps need to sell ship and then go there via a steamer (those who played Flint can get to Apis Meet even now without having a ship of their own. Just buy a ticket at Wolfstack)

*Leathery Hearts found when breaking a clay Jack at Watchmaker’s Hill? They are hearts and they do say Wolfstack on them. But I hardly believe this is the case since it’s not matching the lore of the Surgeon’s child.

*What IS the lore of this child? (spoilers!). Perhaps that can give us a clue where to search (Bazaar related things? Penstock? The Skin of the Bazaar card)?

Damn, I do hope this IS something new, otherwise this is a long post which shoots conspiracy theories about nothing…
edited by Gonen on 2/23/2016

I expect that the Cladery Heart content will shortly be available for appropriate level kickstarter backers. It’s like when the Iron Republic icons changed shortly before we could go there.

Has anyone who’s backed at the appropriate level check if they have any new Metaqualities? You can see them here:

[Is there a Master list of metaqualities?]

No metaquality on my list. With the previous add-ons, the links that give the qualities were provided via an email to the kickstarter email.
edited by colinsapherson on 2/23/2016

That is a new icon! And it’s cute. So very ventricular! Aortic, even.

Spoilers for those who don’t want to see the Cladery Heart ahead of time…

I imagine this means the Heart is somewhere in a beta-testing process, with other storylets related to getting it locked off by unreleased backer-only access codes, or Key of Dreams requirements so they can’t be seen. In that kind of process, however, it’s also necessary to make some changes to existing storylets – like the ones involving getting other ships. Because those storylets are already public, the new requirements become visible before the main storylets involving the Cladery Heart are accessible to anyone who’s not testing or developing. They could avoid this by creating entirely new versions of the old &quotBuying a ship&quot storylets, but that’s a bit wasteful in terms of say, database bloat, not to mention potential confusion for people on the backend between old & new versions.
edited by metasynthie on 2/23/2016

Also:
This may be related or may not. But I have found a couple of days ago, when searching for a way to achieve that quality, an access code which I have never seen before on forum here or on the great I’m a Candle blog.
This could be around a long time and you know this one, I did not, and the activation is very much like the topic we are discussing here.

Nothing to see here.

Right now it does not give any text or gift that is related to the matter.
And, ummm… hope I did not ruined the surprise there and reveled a code that was not ready yet with the Heart mechanics.
edited by Gonen on 2/24/2016

[color=#e53e00]BFW: Hi guys - these codes are pretty important to our analytics, and if they’re passed out on the forum it really throws them off. I appreciate the intent and the enthusiasm, but it would be really cool if these weren’t passed around away from their original location. [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 2/26/2016

[quote=an_ocelot][quote=metasynthie]I don’t think the Surgeon’s Child story (for a few hundred KS backers) has been released yet. Or if so, people are being very quiet about it! [/quote]I backed at that level and I’m fairly sure I’d’ve remembered it. :)[/quote]And indeed, just now, an access code in email leads to:[quote]Welcome to Fallen London! You now have access to the Surgeon’s Child story. To begin, look for the opportunity to conduct &quotAn Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter.&quot You must be a Person of Some Importance, and have already conducted a few expeditions to begin. Thank you very much once again for backing our Kickstarter campaign!

Rumours abound: there is a great treasure, waiting to be discovered through an Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter![/quote]I have no actions so need to wait to pursue this, and also the email said &quotThis represents the Fallen London half of the Cladery Heart story,&quot so since I don’t play SS I may be missing out. That’s okay!

[quote=an_ocelot]And indeed, just now, an access code in email leads to:[quote]Welcome to Fallen London! You now have access to the Surgeon’s Child story. To begin, look for the opportunity to conduct &quotAn Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter.&quot You must be a Person of Some Importance, and have already conducted a few expeditions to begin. Thank you very much once again for backing our Kickstarter campaign!

Rumours abound: there is a great treasure, waiting to be discovered through an Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter![/quote]I have no actions so need to wait to pursue this, and also the email said &quotThis represents the Fallen London half of the Cladery Heart story,&quot so since I don’t play SS I may be missing out. That’s okay![/quote]

Yay!!!
Also: VERY envious.
Show us your new ride, once it is built.
edited by Gonen on 2/24/2016

I eagerly await six months from now.

What’s six months from now? is it being added to the game for non-backers then or something?

What’s six months from now? is it being added to the game for non-backers then or something?[/quote]

It is said that the backers DLC on SS will be released for non-backers after 6 months. Giving exclusivity to the backers for half a year.
Not sure if this apply to FL at all. The Parabolian panther and Temple Club are not available to non-backers, and I am afraid the Cladery Heart in FL will also be like this.

What’s six months from now? is it being added to the game for non-backers then or something?[/quote]

It is said that the backers DLC on SS will be released for non-backers after 6 months. Giving exclusivity to the backers for half a year.
Not sure if this apply to FL at all. The Parabolian panther and Temple Club are not available to non-backers, and I am afraid the Cladery Heart in FL will also be like this.[/quote]
To be fair, the Parabolian Panther was a part of the rest of the SS backer content. Some were suspecting that they would finally start the 6 month countdown as soon as they released the last bit of backer content, and now we can see if that proves to be true or just rumor. Hopefully it will become available at some point to non-backers since I’d really hate to have missed my shot at some cool new content, not to mention all the work, text, and potential earnings Failbetter would be throwing away. I suspect that it will come up eventually on the Fate page, hopefully after 6 months of waiting, with an adjusted price for each individual piece of content. This is all just speculation, but a person can dream can’t they?

Also, why did they never release the backer content for Tales of Fallen London: The Silver Tree? Just curious.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 2/24/2016

(It’s a 30-supply expedition, so don’t haunt my profile waiting for me to start; I’ll let y’all know when I’m done.)

[quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]
To be fair, the Parabolian Panther was a part of the rest of the SS backer content. Some were suspecting that they would finally start the 6 month countdown as soon as they released the last bit of backer content, and now we can see if that proves to be true or just rumor. Hopefully it will become available at some point to non-backers since I’d really hate to have missed my shot at some cool new content, not to mention all the work, text, and potential earnings Failbetter would be throwing away. I suspect that it will come up eventually on the Fate page, hopefully after 6 months of waiting, with an adjusted price for each individual piece of content. This is all just speculation, but a person can dream can’t they?[/quote]

The actual quote:

It sounds like it’s almost definite but not quite. In any case six months is a lower limit and the price condition is hefty. I wounder whether each of the backer stories would be available individual or if it would be a whole package with the corresponding price tag… Assuming the latter, this would mean more than £80 for 3 stories (Dadd Wing, Panther, Heart). I suspect a round number of £100… (This is something like 800 Fate for 3 stories, which is more than double the Fate price for Flint per story)