What is The Heart quality?

[quote=Gonen]Also:
This may be related or may not. But I have found a couple of days ago, when searching for a way to achieve that quality, an access code which I have never seen before on forum here or on the great I’m a Candle blog.
This could be around a long time and you know this one, I did not, and the activation is very much like the topic we are discussing here.

Nothing to see here, sorry.

Right now it does not give any text or gift that is related to the matter.
And, ummm… hope I did not ruined the surprise there and reveled a code that was not ready yet with the Heart mechanics.
edited by Gonen on 2/24/2016[/quote]

I was not a SS backer and that code gave me 2 darkdrop coffe, telling me to use them under the MYSELF tab and to enjoy the &quotstory&quot even through it didn’t give me anything.
[color=#e53e00]BFW: Hi guys - these codes are pretty important to our analytics, and if they’re passed out on the forum it really throws them off. I appreciate the intent and the enthusiasm, but it would be really cool if these weren’t passed around away from their original location. [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 2/26/2016

Are you going to do the expensive preparations or the cheap-but-slow-ones? i know which ones i’d do, and that’d have you maximally prepared in 40 actions. If you’re doing the slow way, though, today could only get you through the preparation phase. Depends on how much spending money you have, i suppose.

No rush.

Also, i tried the code too- two free coffees, yay!
edited by Grenem on 2/24/2016

Hrrrrrng, waiting on four more actions to refresh before I can finally obtain my very own Heart. I’ll be sure to echo it when I do, if anyone’s curious.

edit: The deed is done.
edited by Mordenn on 2/25/2016

Grenem, I did cheap-but-slow and also played some good cards as they came along. I have my supplies now but I like to play new content at my desk instead of on mobile (I keep private notes of stuff that isn’t echo-able) and it’s nearly bedtime here. But I see Mordenn’s already done, though I’m not looking!

[quote=genesis][quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]
To be fair, the Parabolian Panther was a part of the rest of the SS backer content. Some were suspecting that they would finally start the 6 month countdown as soon as they released the last bit of backer content, and now we can see if that proves to be true or just rumor. Hopefully it will become available at some point to non-backers since I’d really hate to have missed my shot at some cool new content, not to mention all the work, text, and potential earnings Failbetter would be throwing away. I suspect that it will come up eventually on the Fate page, hopefully after 6 months of waiting, with an adjusted price for each individual piece of content. This is all just speculation, but a person can dream can’t they?[/quote]

The actual quote:

It sounds like it’s almost definite but not quite. In any case six months is a lower limit and the price condition is hefty. I wounder whether each of the backer stories would be available individual or if it would be a whole package with the corresponding price tag… Assuming the latter, this would mean more than £80 for 3 stories (Dadd Wing, Panther, Heart). I suspect a round number of £100… (This is something like 800 Fate for 3 stories, which is more than double the Fate price for Flint per story)[/quote]
I wonder, would that mean that it would cost more than the exact price of the backer level or a slightly raised amount for the individual content? I ask this because the pledge levels not only included the SS game and materials related to the game but also each backer reward before it. Assuming that the backer content will be sold individually, the price range will most likely be the difference between the backed content desired from the previous reward offered plus however much Failbetter decides to raise it to make it a fair deal for their backers. There might also be an additional add on to the price considering that the rewards were purchased along with the game itself, so they may or may not decide to consider that as well when adjusting the new price. I’d imagine it would be sold individually, since that would allow those who weren’t previously willing to pay eighty to a hundred euros now able to throw money at a smaller price range for the specific content they desire. Then again, I don’t have a job in business, programming, or writing, and finance and mathematics were never my strong suit, so what I’m saying could very well likely be utter babble and will be nothing close to what Failbetter does. Just a thought, though.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 2/25/2016

[quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]
I wonder, would that mean that it would cost more than the exact price of the backer level or a slightly raised amount for the individual content? I ask this because the pledge levels not only included the SS game and materials related to the game but also each backer reward before it. Assuming that the backer content will be sold individually, the price range will most likely be the difference between the backed content desired from the previous reward offered plus however much Failbetter decides to raise it to make it a fair deal for their backers. There might also be an additional add on to the price considering that the rewards were purchased along with the game itself, so they may or may not decide to consider that as well when adjusting the new price. I’d imagine it would be sold individually, since that would allow those who weren’t previously willing to pay eighty to a hundred euros now able to throw money at a smaller price range for the specific content they desire. Then again, I don’t have a job in business, programming, or writing, and finance and mathematics were never my strong suit, so what I’m saying could very well likely be utter babble and will be nothing close to what Failbetter does. Just a thought, though.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 2/25/2016[/quote]
That sounds rather plausible, honestly.

If they don’t think they can do that, they can always poll the backers on what pricings they should use, rather than just assume they’re obligated to price it to match the kickstarter, whether they’re satisfied or dissatisfied with the pricing structure.
edited by Grenem on 2/25/2016

If you dock your other ship and take the Heart out but then http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Get_rid_of_your_ship … what happens? Maybe the storylet isn’t available. Maybe it gets rid of your docked quality too? Maybe it scuttles the Heart!

Has anyone tried the options to sell The Heart’s location to either the University or Dilman Club?
I’m quite curious what “amply rewarded” entails.

Yeah, I’m sitting on the final decision, having absolutely no idea what to choose and wondering what others’ decisions have been!

I have offered a friend the opportunity to contribute toward funding the expedition and am waiting for them to accept.

[quote=an_ocelot]I have offered a friend the opportunity to contribute toward funding the expedition and am waiting for them to accept.[/quote]Unfortunately, it appears to benefit the friend very little: Making Waves went from 8 to 9, and gained a Puzzling Map and a Zee-Ztory (in return for 75 Echoes in cash.) Not a lot of glory, and not really doing something nice for them. Darn it. (Edit: the ship is Dreaded +1 and I haven’t set to Zee in it yet because I’m in the middle of this month’s EF story, so I don’t know what it does.)
edited by an_ocelot on 2/26/2016

I’m quite curious as to whether there are new cards at Zee unlocked by the Heart! Also as to whether anyone is magnanimous enough to gift the Heart to someone else.

The ship would be pretty bad if there weren’t any, im guessing it will be a new card since placing it on cards that already exist would be bad since most people won’t have this ship, or they will just add new options that you can only see if you have this ship.

I took The Heart out for a spin, just to Hunter’s Keep and back. I never went into Troubled Waters so I haven’t seen those cards but of the always available cards two had new options and one new card just for the ship.

The text is on my profile, ending here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Corran?fromEchoId=8076976

None gave a boost to Approaching Journey’s End but they did give some of the new items and some Troubled Waters decrease.