What Does Your Destiny Mean to You?

The Road - The Sky will open to you.

Quite literally, it means the incoming pleasureness of exploring the High-Wilderness, after London makes move to it. Can’t Wait!

Delphinia’s first DESTINY was the Curator. At first, she believed that she would preserve that which she thought would mean the most to her, and her alone. A power, a privilege that she would have control over.

However, that DESTINY has changed. The Backstage is her new DESTINY…and it tells her that she will be dangerous. She will be coveted and wanted for what? She knows not yet. But trusted enough by those foolish enough to approach a soulless woman. London never could, and will never be able to, pin her true intentions down so easily.

Her first DESTINY tells her she will have power to give…but with this new DESTINY, it is here that Delphinia realizes the one who should seize that power, when none suspect the wiser, will ultimately be her.

I will ascend. Heavens will cry when they see me. Ground will tremble with the touch of my feet.

Now, I know my name. Now, they know my name. Will now my name. Now, I know my name. Now, they know my name. Will now my name. Now, I know my name. Now, they know my name. Will now my name. My name isNow, I know my name. Now, they know my name. Will now my name. Now, I know my name. Now, they know my name. Will now my name. Now, I know my name. Now, they know my name. Will now my name.
edited by GSonderling on 12/11/2017

The Revelation - Everything will change. For the better?

It means that the Department of Menace Eradication was right to be wary of The Six Handed Merchant, but not because of the content of Six’s skin, but rather the content of Six’s character. For institutions invested in the status-quo, a herald of new ways and ideas can be far more dangerous than any mere beast.
[li]
[/li]
[li]
edited by Six Handed Merchant on 12/23/2017

The Revelation: Everything Will Change. For The Better?

Earlier, Vortigaunt had interpreted his Destiny literally, thinking his destined end was a suicide mission against a bunch of pissed off sea urchins. And he didn’t like that one bit. While now Vortigaunt has regained his soul (and many other moral qualities) and he interprets his destiny differently, he now thinks that he would be satisfied with that sort of end.

Now he wonders in what way will he change the world. Many people are permanently dead because of him, never to come back. Is the world to change more when he kills the Vake? Or does the Destiny speak of his advancements of the Liberation of the Night? Will the lights finally be going out due to his efforts? Or do they speak more of his infernal dealings? He informed the Devils of the Bishop’s plan to invade Hell, would that be enough to tip the scales of fate?

There are many ways Vortigaunt can interpret his Destiny, but one thing is certain. That he is at the center of it all, for better or for worse.

For the Hierophant, &quotBackstage: Your hand, secretly, on the lever that moves the world.&quot[li]

A thousand lines hold them in suspension. Allegiances and friendships and devotions. Every handshake a sacrament. Each bow the sting of a fishhook under skin. But each year their voyages go farther, their studies grow more comprehensive. They slide further and further from their humanity. Soon they will shed off their old skin, and molt into something new. They will grow rich and strange in the forests of Parabola, and when the cruelties and obligations of the waking world are all left behind, they will owe nothing. No students will come to them for induction into the mysteries, no administrators or Masters or debt collectors. They will be the heart and tangle of those forbidden secrets, venerated and desired. They will receive devotion, and the world will shift to the tilt of their hand.