What are you grinding towards at the moment?

Becoming a POSI again with this brand new account and catch up on the story. The revised starting content makes for a fun journey!

I have achieved a great deal already, but now I feel it is time for the very grandest of estates. I shall be working towards a Suite in Royal Betlehem. As dreadfully taxing as it may be to bring an Impossible Theorem down to London Below, I have every confidence I shall achieve it in due time.

Well, there are a ton of my past goals that I didn’t make it to, but it occurs to me this:

Is it possible to get an Overgoat in two weeks by simply grinding the Affair of the Box straight? It seems to me so.

Months, yes, weeks, no.

Unless you didn’t sleep, that would shorten the time. Do you sleep?

I just tonight finished my latest grind - that is to say, I pushed Scholar of the Correspondence as high as I can get it without investing in goats! Which is still pretty darn high, and I save money on goats.

I sleep, but I tried accounting for the energy lost with a bit of creative rounding. I’m also an Exceptional Friend, which offers me a few extra actions.

However, I have just discovered that somewhere my accounting went wrong: it would take 81+ days of straight grinding the Affair of the Box rather than the 7+ I had originally calculated.

Let’s see:

• The Affair of the Box gives 23 echoes for 14 actions, so ~1.64 epa.[/li][li]The Overgoat costs 11712.80 echoes.[/li][li]If you use all actions in a day (Exceptional Friendship helps here) you can use 24 * 6 = 144 actions per day.

So to raise the money in this method you’d need 11712.80 / ~1.64 = ~7129.53 actions.

And in total: ~7129.53 / 144 = ~49.51 days

Does it count as grinding if I am just sitting around waiting for Trade Secrets for a 100% shot at Classic Short Story?

I’m grinding term at university, getting corespondance to 7, taking street signs for echoes, and getting materials to make books of hidden bodies. Three things achived at once.