What are you character’s deepest hopes and dreams–even those that are impossible?
For me, here’s a list in no particular order:
- Approach the Gates of the Garden as quickly as I can, for secret reasons.
- Build this d__n zubmarine and see something of the world.
- See the Barbed Wit again, someday…
- Get the Jewel Thief to stop pestering me with his oily moustachio and leering ways.
- Have a honey dream land me in the Empress’ court again, and cause all kinds of new scandal.
- Find out how to steal all Mr. Page’s books.
- Steal from the rich and give to the urchins and revolutionaries.
- Time travel to the First City.
- Deepen my acquaintance with the Clay Men.
- Become Stormy-Eyed.
A. Become Stormy-Eyed (as soon as that flippin’ card arrives)
B. Do something stupid and wasteful with lacre, because Seekers can do that.
C. Achieve 77 SMEN.
D. Be Eaten by a tattoo
E. Go North
(negative one - Become the greatest governor Port Carnelian has ever seen.)
That last one’s an odd tale. Remind me to tell it some time.
Good question! Let’s see… as for me, I’d like to:
Reclaim my soul. I, a renowned detective, have been robbed. This case is personal.
Get a Reservation at the Royal Beth. I hear they take eccentrics. I hope that includes me…
Uncover Secrets Framed in Gold. That painting has been hanging there, taunting me, for too long.
Investigate Flute Street. Someone once speculated that there is a connection between the Rubbery Men and the Correspondence…
And since we’re including impossible dreams…
- Return London to the surface, and ensure that all shall be well.
for Phryne: getting Tears of the Bazaar and a Long-Box via ToL
for Timmel: becoming a Monster-Hunter
for Eva: Scarlet Saint!
edited by phryne on 12/13/2016
Are you that close? I’m only at level 9 and wondering how long it will take … months? years?
He’s going through a bit of a mid-life crisis right now, what with that scandal at the University, so his new priorities are still shaking out. Those I know of, however, are:
- Return to the University in academic triumph
- Join the Dilmun Club
- Acquire a vessel of his own and explore the Unterzee
- Add new items to his cabinet of curiosities
- Get to know the Duchess better
- Continue to hone his writing craft
- Discover the truth behind a long list of mysteries
7a. Chiefly, fully understand the Correspondence, while retaining his sanity (it’s the little things)
- Rid London of the threat of Jack-of-Smiles
- Collect every variety of instrument known to the Neath
- Tend to this fascinating plant that’s made its home in his old cottage
In long-range terms, he has a few modest dreams:
- Stop the soul trade and shut down the Brass Embassy
- End the exploitation of the Clay Men
- Rid the Church of the corruption that has suffused it since the Fall
- Visit and properly document every nation of the Unterzee
- Discover the origins of the Bazaar, the nature of the Masters, and the terms of the five contracts
- Become immortal (because he doesn’t otherwise have time to finish his list)
As you see, he’s a man of limited ambition who really doesn’t like to cause a stir.
Long list, but here it is:
- All Fate stories and options
- Visit the Temple Club
- All results from boxed cat
- All 8 tier scrap items (12800)
- All 7 tier scrap items
- Rare pet card
- Bat with Attitude
- Mind of a God
- 77 x Detective cards
- 77 x Surprise packages
- 77 x Whirring Contraption
- 7 x Cryptobotanical Rosette
- 7 x Ray-Drenched Cinder
- 7 x M______B____'s
- 7 x Fluke-Core
- 7 x Impossible Theorem
- 1 x Crimson Book
- All lodgings
- 50 very shining diamonds
- Ravens, lots and lots of them! (7)
- Insane amount of an item (777,777 or 7m+)
- 77 x Counterfeit Head of John the Baptist
- Max stats (all at once)
- Notability 15
- Stat to 215
- All renown to 40+
- All connections to 321+
- Try all professions for 1 week (at least)
- Tournament of Lilies at least once
- Write one of each story
- 500,000 rats for wedding (500 rats for 10)
- Zailor to level 20
- SotC 21
- Cardinal of Conspiracy to 10 (newspaper)
- Prophet of the Gutter to 10 (newspaper)
- Defender of Truth to 10 (newspaper)
- Boatman to 40
- The Drownies 3
- SiC to 77
- ToT to 77
- All dreams 20+ (or max possible)
- Water dream to 77
- Ambition to it’s limit
- We don’t speak of it
- Master Connections 11+
- Successful Terms as Governor to 77 or 777
- Acq: Soldier, Forger, Singer, Functionary to 9
- Acquaintance: Silas the Showman (Sackmass)
- Acquaintance: the Heptagoat (Sackmass)
- Acquaintance: the Captivating Princess (Rose)
- Master Thief, A Fearsome Duellist, A Bringer of Death, A Procurer of Savage Beasts to their max limit
- Prepare for Parabolan Base-Camp
- Blemmigan Secretary
- Fidgeting Writer at least once
- A menace to an insane level
- Paramount Presence (not yet discovered)
- Seeing through the Eyes of Icarus, Touched by Fingerwork, Walking the Falling Cities, Approaching the Gates of the Garden to insane level
- Hellfarer to a high level (7 - 77)
- Adrift on a Sea of Misery to insane level
- Scheme: an Orphanage/Salon to 77
5. Have a honey dream land me in the Empress’ court again, and cause all kinds of new scandal. [/quote]
Do you not have access to the Empress’ court…? Oh, were you shunned from it because of scandal? (forgive me, I’m still a bit of a newbie :P )
Well, in no particular order, my main’s is:
- Get Embroiled in the Wars of Illusion 2 so that I can f&*!%ing finally move on with making my name in the Flit
- Marry a Rubbery Man (or Woman. A Rubbery Person. Really it doesn’t matter.)
- Become a PoSI
- (Potentially) figure out a way to change my Ambition? I’m assuming that option is Fate-locked.
- Get better lodgings. I’ve been living in the Smokey Flophouse for waaaaaaay too long.
- Once I’ve done all I can with this character I will probably start Seeking.
For my alt:
- Rise high enough in my stats so that I don’t have to keep making OOC choices (like petty theft in Spite). I’ve only just started this new character so I’m still in Early Game.
4 is indeed fate locked, unless you chose light fingers.
Alas I did not. I chose Nemesis.
Well, if you’re willing to pay the Fate cost (50), this is not something you have to wait for an opportunity to do in game. You can go anytime to the Fate tab and choose Reset My Ambition.
To do list for 2017
-Chain the Bazaar to the Neath, destroy the Stone Pigs, do…something to the Masters and free the Neath from the Bazaar
-After I get the eternity part, liberty and equality probably won’t be as hard as giving immortality to everyone.
-After I finish all that, I may get an Overgoat.
Did I say 2017? It may take a bit more, but it shouldn’t be such a long grind.
[quote=The Master]To do list for 2017
-Chain the Bazaar to the Neath, destroy the Stone Pigs, do…something to the Masters and free the Neath from the Bazaar [/quote]
Oh dear it seems we have rather different motives. I intend to serve where the power lies. But to each his own :)
- Obtain all 5 card lodgings
- Figure out at least a little bit of Ambition: Enigma
- Raise Master Thief and Duelist qualities as high as I can go
- Become a monster hunter
- Get Scholar of the Correspondence to at least 10
- Get all dreams as high as I can and also become stormy-eyed
- Obtain a lovely yacht to sail the zee
- Raise Connected: Masters as high I can
- Perchance help the rubbery men and clay men with their struggles
- Raise all stats to 200
- Obtain a overgoat and if I’m feeling ambitious, a ubergoat
- Learn either a knock or a name
- Acquire more real estate.
- Get to the cap in my other 2 stats
- Impossible Theorem
- The most impressive hat collection in the Neath
- Acquire more rubbery items
- Zubmarine piracy!
Somewhat beyond the game:
- Get the Ambitious Barrister elected as Mayor
- Infernal Spouse
- Usurping the Bazaar (I am not concerned with the particulars)
- Discovering the history(?) of Parabola
Cider. I shall feed my possessions, my friends, my very soul to the presses. The smell permeates my clothes and haunts my dreams. I can feel the dirt of the garden on my finger tips. My heart beats like a drum. My mind is consumed by a single word. Cider.
I’m also Seeking the Name. But that’s on hold. Because Cider.