What are you currently scheming?

1. Learn everything offered by current (very scary) mentor.
  2. Seven of every kind of story, from Court publications to Unloved to Classic.
  3. More lodgings. As many as possible. More boltholes are always better.
  4. Collect all high-importance items.
  5. Cider.

My goals as a player are:

1. Collect a ridiculous amount of absinthe
  2. Get Watchful to 200, become an Extraordinary Mind and take on a protege
  3. Buy all the best gear from the Bazaar
  4. 5 card lodgings
  5. Obtain M_____'s B____
  6. Finish Nemesis (when the final update comes out)
  7. Possibly, all 3200 scrap items. This one might be too boring though.
  8. Seek the Name

As for my character, Attlee doesn’t really have many hopes and dreams. They’d agree with 6 and 8, but otherwise they’re pretty apathetic.

I have just lost all my Notability by letting a tear-drop fall on the unsigned message and then posting this message through the Glass Door of the Bazaar — so I guess my top priority at the moment is to meet Slowcake’s Amanuensis: otherwise I am not getting my Spire-Emporium and Suite this season, which would be unfortunate.

After Neathmas I plan to visit Mutton Island in hope to understand better what’s going on with a color of my eyes.

Then I would probably start saving for my first Overgoat.

Three things I can do; three I can’t:

1. Attempt to complete (as far as currently possible) my Ambition of Dire Vengeance, which currently plays out like Edge of Darkness, starring Victor Meldrew.

2. Do everything possible in Court and never return, even if the alternative is a hot stone massage in the Iron Republic.

3. Volunteer for the Trophonian Duty. When I gave the Knuckle-Scarred Inspector my copy of Pausanias, thinking it would cheer him, he smacked me in the jaw. For my own good, apparently.

4. Get Dr. Schlomo to psychoanalyse my depressed, hard-drinking Albino Rat. There’s little chance this charlatan will effect a cure, but he might persuade her to help me finish the business of the Watchmaker’s Daughter. Please.

5. Thwart the fall of the Sixth City for as long as human guile permits, as a Midnighter Without Portfolio. Look here: London, the most intricate and shameless commercial mechanism the Earth has ever seen, and stuffed to the gills with forbidden passions, has been down here for somewhat over a generation – that’s no time at all, by Fallen City standards. And already, there are rumours of Another. Do you appreciate nothing, bat-things?

6. Kill everyone who promises me goddamned immortality. Just for research purposes.

Obtain every pricey item from the Bazaar, get a 5-card lodging, enter the Foreign Office one day w/o getting kicked from the Court (or otherwise have a way to return to it), find something rare and amazing that few have, and go NORTH. Find out more about the Masters and the other fallen cities, too.
edited by jamilah on 12/23/2016

Welp.

I now have all my stats at 200.

It’s time to go to A Place Where There is Very Little Screaming.

I say, if you’re gonna dream, dream big. I have ranked these in order of most likely to complete in-game, to least likely. Spoilers abound:

1. Currently, I’m focused on the comparatively small goal of obtaining a gant noman tattoo from a certain Lady in Lilac at the next Feast of the Exceptional Rose. The preparation for it is getting expensive…

2. Breed beasts in the Labyrinth of Tigers with every possible combination of discipline, treats, and Infernal presence, obtaining all Fortunate and Unlucky results. For the record, there are 56 possible combinations that do not require Empyrean Redolence. The ones for the Hyaena were easy. Acquiring beasts to breed for the rest will prove to be more time-consuming.

3. Examine my own heart’s blood under a Nephrite Lens (…can we have Knife-and-Candle again? Please?).

4. Defeat a ballerina in a drinking contest, using an Engraved Pewter Tankard.

5. Forcefully respond to a challenge from a Tomb-Colonist, using an Old Bone Skeleton-Key.

6. Obtain lodgings at a half-abandoned mansion.

7. Obtain the highest rank in my chosen Order of Knife-and-Candle.

8. Have the Rubbery Men add a Peculiar Personal Enhancement to my person, and experience the various new sensations this…appendage…can unlock before it disappears.

9. Purchase and drink a firkin of Hesperidean Cider to obtain immortality, of a sort. At the very least, Lost in Reflections implies that this would let me return to the Surface if desired without being struck down by sunlight.

10. Obtain the Seven-Fold Knock. Ask: Who is Salt?

— Items below here are either part of incomplete storylines, ‘Impossible!’ storylets, or are purely speculative —
11. Complete my current Ambition by terminating my Nemesis with extreme prejudice. I have determined that it is most likely M[CENSORED BY THE MINISTRY OF PUBLIC DECENCY]rs. Interrogate it first to see if this goes even higher.

1. Become the Imperial Artist-in-Residence at the Empress’ Court. Finally. The Veteran Privy counselor has made me a promise, and a reckoning, as they say, is not to be postponed indefinitely.

2. Obtain a Green Glass Beacon-Lamp. Behold the Pillars.

3. Obtain a Celestial Cinnabar Compass. Explore the legendary East.

4. Follow in the footsteps of a former benefactor, a current patron, and a recent Foreign Office acquaintance, all of whom traveled West beyond the cavern wall to visit the canal-crossed land of Hell. What are those devils hiding there?

5. Stall the Bazaar and the Masters (except Mr Fires) as long as possible in their efforts to bring down the Sixth City, which would have horrific consequences for the people of London.

6. Similarly: Ensure that humanity reaches the High Wilderness, in case our oh-so-benevolent local Judgement decides that Earth and/or humanity isn’t worth keeping around any more.

7. Prevent the Calendar Council from deploying the Liberation of Night in London. Part of me sympathizes with their goals and is fascinated by their ambitions…but as a certain former Mayoral candidate suggested, there are better ways of changing the status quo than blinding most of the population.

8. Determine what exactly the mysterious land of the dead is that lies beyond the Silent River where the Boatman sails, and see if anything can be done for the people(?) there. I got a glimpse of it during one of the Exceptional Story season conclusions a few months back, and it was profoundly disturbing.

9. And to keep any more from suffering that terrible fate: storm the city of Nidah, bring down the Mortality College, and democratize death. Disperse the power of the Garden to humanity. It is, some would say, Destiny.

10. Establish a Parabolan Base-Camp. Yes, I consider this less likely to happen than singlehandedly defeating Death.
    edited by James Sinclair on 12/23/2016
    edited by James Sinclair on 12/23/2016

Ha! I am no longer in A Place Where There Is Very Little Screaming (or will be as soon as my Actions refresh).

Which means that next up, I’m going to continue very, very, VERY slowly grinding Stormy Eyed, and try to get the damn Cheery Man to show up so I can finally get that reservation at the Royal Beth (turns out it’s pretty easy for a Correspondant to afford)

A certain un-re-disgraced Auditor of the Ministry of Public Secency wants to Advances the [Adrift in a Sea of Misery] as far as possible.

A certain Lady from the East wants to advances Supremacy: The Khanate

1. Get booted to the Tomb Colonies
  2. Get me a pet lion
  3. Get back to London
  4. Set out to sea to bag me a Plated Seal
  5. SCIENCE BOTH THE SEAL AND THE LION
  6. Solve a murder
  7. Hang out with the Rubbery Men
  8. Get thrown in prison
  9. Get in good with the dock workers
  10. Get me an unexploded sea mine for…reasons.
  11. Resume hunting The Vake.
  1. Ready myself for the journey through the Orphanage, since I’ve finally gotten the route through the labyrinth. (read: get better Shadow gear and raise my Shadow more)
  2. Continue the fleeting romance with the Barbed Wit while figuring out how to get myself kicked out of the Court in a pompous, over-the-top manner.
  3. Get a d__n ship.
  4. Maybe get married to that ‘charming’ Jewel Thief…
  5. Don’t get sent back to New Newgate Prison. Again.
  6. Join the Dilmun Club.
  7. Cider? A goat? Get my soul back? (ha. ha. no.)
  8. Have fun with my first fate-locked story.
    edited by DYforthecats on 12/26/2016