[quote=suinicide][quote=Tofan Bogdan]Several questions:
For starting screening map quest chain you need either respectable or dreaded. Outside companions what items(that are easily available to beginners increase respectable or dreaded? What quest chain to start to increase the dreaded or respectable stats of my character.
What is a patron?
What should I buy that I cannot easily get from the bazaar?[/quote]
The only BDR item you are likely to get is the bejeweled cane by completing the lapidary quest. Even then you probably won’t do it in a week.
2 patrons can give up to 5 stat boosts for one stat a week, increasing other people up to level 100.
Right now you should only buy equipment for stats.
The Notability quest starts once all your stats are above 100.[/quote]
The Bejeweled Cane is Bizarre, not Dreaded or Respectable. Easiest source of BDR for beginners is connected pets. I don’t remember exactly when, but it’s a very early story that sends you to Watchmakers to choose a pet. http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Connected_Pet
Affluent Photographer, if played to the end gives a clothing item with Dreaded. Or you could buy a clothing with Respectable for relatively reasonable price - there’s a dress and a suit available at the bazaar.
A different question though - is screaming map useful for those without a ship?
Bizarre also works for notability. And yes, I never got one so I forgot about connected pets.
But the screaming map is only when you have your own ship. Otherwise you can take the ferry.
Unless you’re grinding it and exchanging it for some reason.
edited by suinicide on 11/2/2016
Another question for the card How will the Regretful Soldier’s Tale end? I have 3 choices. 1 of them is walk away the rest is locked because of the trade of souls(fate). It is worth doing the trade of souls story?
What companions or pets are unlocked by raising renown? I only know of the rubbery bell ringer with rubbery renown 25. How about the other factions?
No other factions unlock items/companions. Failbetter tried something different each time they pushed out a renown update, trying to see what people would like. Apparently its companions.
Ah what a waste. So there’s no point in raising renown for the rest aside from bragging rights.
Is the Soul Trade story worth 25 fate?
It does offer some interesting lore, but also two possible lucrative outcomes:
- A Sprifier will get extra value from Souls and combined with cashing Hell connections think it’s at about 1.7-1.8 epa
- A Shepherd has a very powerful card which can cure all menaces and provide 500 CP to Society, Church and Constable. This option costs 1000 Souls and 100 Infernal contracts which cost about 36.66 AP to get. Other cheaper options costs 50+5 and offers only 50 CP to the factions w/o any menace cure.
I chose the second option which can be very profitable if combined with right options and timing for menace cure (pile all menaces to 6+, joggle with reduction items to exclude cards from popping, cashing in connections, using them for other actions, etc).
So, in my opinion, even if bit short, the story is great when it comes to lore and reward!
I can either buy ART OF MURDER or The Soul Trade. What to choose?
Oh wow. Thank you for that! More reason to lurk in Flute Street then.
- Amber Cello - unlocked on the Rubbery Men card with Renown 10.[/li][li]Rubbery Bellringer - unlocked in University with Renown 25.[/li][li]Location of an Underground Organ - unlocked in Flute Street with Renown 40.
I have never used Free Evenings before, but I want Making Waves to get Notability to get Confessions, and I hear they’re useful for that.
- What are the mechanics for doing?
- What is the etiquette for doing so?
Does the Marsh Mansion have an opportunity card, once acquired?
You can only get one Connected Pet through the Clandestine Meeting at Watchmaker’s Hill, right? Because I have put it off for so long, due to indecision, that I now have met the requirements to get any pet of my choosing.
Also, I’m leaning towards the Partisan Messenger Turtle.
No. But think of all the cards you’ll never see again!
[quote=Victor Archibald Xander]You can only get one Connected Pet through the Clandestine Meeting at Watchmaker’s Hill, right? Because I have put it off for so long, due to indecision, that I now have met the requirements to get any pet of my choosing.
Also, I’m leaning towards the Partisan Messenger Turtle.[/quote]
You can only have one at a time. But you can change them any time you like, if you don’t like. The one you have.
[quote=Tofan Bogdan]1. I can either buy ART OF MURDER or The Soul Trade. What to choose?
2. Can you give confessions to other players without receiving one?[/quote]1. Up to you, really. Soul Trade has persistent in-game effects, Art Of Murder is a one-shot thing - but at a discount right now (it’s normally 45 Fate). I haven’t played it (yet), but even if, there’s no way I could judge if it caters to your tastes. So it basically depends on if you care for the 15 Fate discount or not.
- I don’t think so. It’s a trade-only thing.
No. But think of all the cards you’ll never see again![/quote]
What do you mean? Does it subtract cards? (That would be AWESOME!)