Weekly Questions, Beginning 27/05/2016

You’ve got questions, we’ve got questions; let’s sit on the hearthrug and share our questions! Also there are some answers on the sideboard if you’d like some, too!

Asked this in the last one: Can you get to Fluke Street without being kicked out of the University?

Or to clarify as there seemed to be some confusion: Is it possible to reach Fluke Street with both ending to the University story?
edited by Eichlos on 5/27/2016

You have to complete the University content to access Flute Street but either ending will give you the opportunity to do so.

Is fate sending through the Give a Gift card no longer possible?

it’s not available at the moment, but it should return. I believe it was disabled because of a problem with the iOS app.

Is the Regretful Soldier carousel in the house of chimes worth keeping around? It gives a small collection of items, second chances, and a quirk adjustment each time you go through the whole story and reset it, but I’m not sure if it’s that profitable compared to other sources for those things. If you help him, does that storylet go away? And does helping him out as a shepherd or spirifer open any new repeatable storylets or cards? Thanks.
edited by Harlocke on 5/27/2016

Is it possible to be intimate with a devilress? My character isn’t into men, so it’s pretty awkward that (male) devils keep taking a shine to them. I’d totally peruse this if there was a female option though.

There is a female devil. I believe it uses the same quality though, and possibly starts off with the same letter? ( I think you choose which devil to be with later, though its been a long time)

Edit: If you have an intimate of devils: 1, and a persuasive between 9-39, it starts with a card called &quotA dubious favour&quot. But it does use the same quality as the male devil, so even if you miss that one, she will still pop up.
edited by suinicide on 5/28/2016

Just finished getting 77 First City coins for Heart’s Desire. Is talking to the Manager in A state of some confusion the next step? Thanks.

You don’t have to enter a state of some confusion. You need to raise nightmares to 5, and wait for the undiscardable card to show up.

Don’t go to A State of Some Confusion to meet the manager - you can meet him, but you won’t be in, er, a suitable state of mind to talk to him properly.

However, if this is your first time gathering First City coins, you are probably not at that stage yet. Meeting the manager comes later - have you checked the Flit and talked to the Topsy King? Have you checked the Palace and the Docks?
edited by Estelle Knoht on 5/28/2016

[quote=Hazel ]You don’t have to enter a state of some confusion. You need to raise nightmares to 5, and wait for the undiscardable card to show up.[/quote] Is it this card? Because the Heart’s Desire option is for a much later stage.

[quote=Estelle Knoht]Meeting the manager comes later - have you checked the Flit and talked to the Topsy King? Have you checked the Palace and the Docks?[/quote]Oh, yes! Thank you very much! The next stage is at the Flint, way down in the bottom. I didn’t understand the wikia article and thought speaking to the Manager was the next step, ahaha.

From last week’s thread, few hours before closing; here I am again:
First of all I am a PoSI (didn’t mention that before, sorry) and seems I’m having some issues regarding the Artist’s Model card. I currently have:
An Admirer of Beauty - Beautiful Company
Seduction: Artist’s Model 2
Seduction: a Rising Artist’s Model 1
I’m only getting the other two cards (Unfinished Business with the Artist’s Model and City Vices: a Plea from an Old Friend), but not the one that enables me to pursue courting her. I checked and rechecked the Wiki, but seems I’m a bit stuck!
So, what am I missing?
Cheers!

Is there some mythological reason I’m not aware of for hell to be associated with brass?

Well, there’s the legend of the Brazen (brass) head, which spoke (Greene) - thought to represent dangerous knowledge.

It is sort of nice to pop by the Royal Beth after meeting him on the undiscarable card. He acts avuncular and wishes you well on an option unlocked for early-middle-part card players.

I’ve forgotten the routes into Parabola proper - is it still nightmares 8 and 1 memory of light, with no requirements for Is Anyone There? (I’ve been using the carnival mirrors, and when I relocated to the Beth there doesn’t seem to be either card or storylet options for getting to the Mirror Marches.)
(if so, & if you have extra, please send nightmares to Pengwern, who’s trying to get that low shadowy E2 option.)
[li]
Skinnyman, does anything change if you play the options on the Unfinished business card? I’m assuming you have the Admirer of beauty quality already.)[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 5/28/2016

[quote=fortluna]I’ve forgotten the routes into Parabola proper - is it still nightmares 8 and 1 memory of light, with no requirements for Is Anyone There? (I’ve been using the carnival mirrors, and when I relocated to the Beth there doesn’t seem to be either card or storylet options for getting to the Mirror Marches.)
(if so, & if you have extra, please send nightmares to Pengwern, who’s trying to get that low shadowy E2 option.)
[li]
Skinnyman, does anything change if you play the options on the Unfinished business card? I’m assuming you have the Admirer of beauty quality already.)[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 5/28/2016[/quote]
IIRC, yes, that is correct.
[/li]

There’s burning your mirror in the Royal Beth isn’t there?

I did play an option on the Unfinished business card and lost Seduction: Artist’s Model quality. Now I’m left with An Admirer of Beauty - Beautiful Company and Seduction: Artist’s Model 2. Now I’ll just wait and see if the options change on the Unfinished business card or a new one pops.
Meh, even if I said I won’t engage in love affairs with NPCs, she did manage to seduce me! :D
EDIT: The Artist’s Model card unlocks when you do NOT have Seduction: Artist’s Model quality even if the card’s unlock text mentions this: &quotYou unlocked this by not having any Seduction: a Rising Artist’s Model&quot.
Now, back to grinding! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 5/29/2016