Weekly Questions, Beginning 26/09/2016

Was there a storylet with a bonus item for people who did all the season of revolutions exceptional stories? I’ve done them all, but haven’t seen one.

Not yet, no, but apparently it will come around before the end of the current season.

Thanks, I was worried I’d missed it :smiley:

question for people who started after making your name persuasive was released- how did you get the incindatary gossip for the persuasive tracker?

You can get it from the &quot a contact in the great game has a tale for you&quot card.

You can get it from the &quot a contact in the great game has a tale for you&quot card.

Yay for my first forum post! Greetings, delicious friends!

Question: I know a patron can’t help boost a stat over 100, but does this apply to the modified or unmodified stat? If I have items equipped that boost my stat over 100 but my base stat still isn’t there yet, can I still benefit from patronage?

[quote=Louffles]Yay for my first forum post! Greetings, delicious friends!

Question: I know a patron can’t help boost a stat over 100, but does this apply to the modified or unmodified stat? If I have items equipped that boost my stat over 100 but my base stat still isn’t there yet, can I still benefit from patronage?[/quote]

It checks your modified stat so remember to take off any stat boosting equipment. Your patron is unable to send any lessons if you are above 100 with gear.
Also if you get and equip a Talkative Rat (and any other stat reducing gear you might have) at the right time you can still benefit from a patron with base stats over 100

[quote=lady ciel ]

It checks your modified stat so remember to take off any stat boosting equipment. Your patron is unable to send any lessons if you are above 100 with gear.
Also if you get and equip a Talkative Rat (and any other stat reducing gear you might have) at the right time you can still benefit from a patron with base stats over 100[/quote]

An excellent tip. Thanks so much!

I need to get rid of all of my Whispered Hints and Rostygold. Other than selling them at the bazaar is there anything else that I can do with them that’s EPA efficient? (I have a LOT of both)

Are you a POSI? Do you have a Gang of Hoodlums? Acquiring a gang of Hoodlums takes something like ten thousand in rostygold.

Whispered Hints…not so much. Converting them is terribly inefficient.
edited by Teaspoon on 10/2/2016

If nothing else you could get Expedition Supplies for your Hints. (Remember that you cannot have more than 100 Supplies.)
edited by rahv7 on 10/2/2016

[quote=rahv7]If nothing else you could get Expedition Supplies for your Hints. (Remember that you cannot have more than 100 Supplies.)
edited by rahv7 on 10/2/2016[/quote]
It’s not a great grind, though. assuming 4 echoes whispered hints and 2 actions for three supplies and a map scrap, an expedition to blue heaven takes roughly 13 actions to gather supplies and 10 to finish it, in return for 55.53 [number from wiki that sounds ~right] - 25.4 echoes = 30.13/23 = 1.31 epa. It’s not terrible, if you need the items, but it’s not amazing epa either. Even after the signs and other bonuses, I doubt it’d compete with the affair of the box.

Yes, I was about to say the same but Grenem got there first, thank you.

And yes I am well past PoSI.

I am aware that it’s not great but it’s better than upconversion. Having an Übergoat, the OP can probably do buccaneering approaches so the EPA is a bit better.
edited by rahv7 on 10/3/2016

[quote=rahv7]I am aware that it’s not great but it’s better than upconversion. Having an Übergoat, the OP can probably do buccaneering approaches so the EPA is a bit better.
edited by rahv7 on 10/3/2016[/quote]

It’s better than upconversion, sure. But upconversion is not the default option. The default option is to simply sell everything at the bazaar for zero actions and then spend the actions that would have been spent upconverting/expeditioning on an efficient grind.

Cryptic clue are (potentially) an example where selling them at the Bazaar is not the best way of monetizing because you can get a 2epa in Empire Adornments (provided the rare success is at 5%).

I don’t necessarily need such high efficiency for Whispered Hints but that’s the primary question - sell WH at the Bazaar or find some way of &quotinvesting&quot them efficiently

[quote=rahv7]I am aware that it’s not great but it’s better than upconversion. Having an Übergoat, the OP can probably do buccaneering approaches so the EPA is a bit better.
edited by rahv7 on 10/3/2016[/quote]
No, my calculation assumed genesis was doing buccaneering. 1 action to start, 2 to end, 7 to progress.

My mistake, sorry.

I’m personally quite fond of expeditions because you can get items that are otherwise hard to get (Airag, Parabola Linen, Night Whispers, etc.). The EPA are not terrible and I’m not sure EPA are all that important when it comes to rare items. It was just a suggestion, though.
edited by rahv7 on 10/3/2016