Weekly Questions, Beginning 26/09/2016

That which is not known can eternal ask,
And with strange Mondays even thread may answer.

What is the most efficent way of obtaining memories of light?

Uhm, you guys and gals having a good day/week?

Okay, okay I’ll ask a proper, on-topic question -
What’s the most efficent way of farming “The Fidgeting Writer”? (Methods, resource managment, etc.)

Conversion from Compromising Documents has been the easiest for me.

Just verifying that we don’t get to keep a copy of our musical works in our inventory, is that right? We only get copies of our novels and poems? If so, that’s a crying shame. I want copies of my ballet, symphony, and song cycle!

Yep, only those two give you the work for your inventory.

Thanks, The Master. That’s what I thought.

How do I unlock stories in the Labyrinth of Tigers? Do I have to have the Name Scrawled in Blood or a certain dangerous level? Right now it just the weird luck shops I can do.

In order to unlock content in the Labyrinth of Tigers, you need to progress in a storyline involving Mr Inch of the Black Ribbon Duelists. This storyline starts in the docks, and unlocks at Name Scrawled in Blood 6.

Keep in mind that you need to do multiple duels to get the story from Mr. Inch. Check the possible combats and comments on Wiki; some of those are recent and testes. You’ll need to invest a decent amount of AP in the duel.
Good luck!

And when you reach a point in the Labyrinth where you’re breeding animals, there’s a further fate-locked continuation where you can breed more, weirder beasts and find out what the Bishop is up to. It’s generally considered pretty good and it sends you all over the place.

Am I going crazy or has FBG changed the ordering on the message tab in the web-browser version? It used to be the case that it ordered by time when I sent the message, now it seems to order my sent messages by the kind of action they are first. So I see all my coffees, then all my sparring bouts, etc. (order prob. not that, I’m just trying to illustrate it)

At first I thought it was just me, then my particular friend said she had the same problem. Anyone else see this?

(am I missing a setting somewhere, maybe it’s just user-error on my part?)

Any ideas why I’m not getting Professional Payment - or did the way to collect it change? All the old threads say it should be in my lodgings, but it’s not there. Last week I got a &quotTime, the healer&quot message and there was nothing, I thought maybe that’s because I switched profession in the middle of the week. This Monday I got a message again, I’ve been a ratcatcher for over a week and still there’s nothing.

Having the profession when Time the Healer comes around should be enough to get the payment, regardless of where in London you are or how long you’ve had the profession. Maybe check that you do have the profession (having the Ratting Piece, and quality Profession: rat catcher in &quotMajor lateral&quot of the Myself tab). If you do it does sound like a bug, in which case the good people of FBG will help at support@failbettergames.com

Thanks. I definitely have the profession, checked in both places. I’ll send the bug report.

Check your messages tab (or email) - does your Time the Healer message mention a Professional Perk?

[quote=Sir Goomy]
What’s the most efficent way of farming &quotThe Fidgeting Writer&quot? (Methods, resource managment, etc.)[/quote]
I like to cash out on the deal with a devil, I haven’t done the math but it feels lucrative, and also the lovely hellfarer quality.

Do we have a date for the beginning of Hallowmas yet?

An answer to a question not here:

The auto-discard mechanic no longer works- i.e. you can take the “Ask the man: what are they?” on “a disgraceful spectacle”, “perhaps not” out of the card, and it’ll stay in your hand. irrelevant but interesting. Can someone find the thread where I was wondering about that?

Wasn’t that just the Disgraceful Spectacle thread? http://community.failbettergames.com/topic23229-a-disgraceful-spectacle.aspx

Seeking question, since that’s all I ever seem to have. When going for Chains, does that send you to the storylet that increases your Criminal Record or just straight to jail, do not pass go, etc? It’s amusing to be concerned about the usage of Ablution when the whole character will be thrown down a well, but damn if the solution isn’t just the solution at times.

Wasn’t that just the Disgraceful Spectacle thread? http://community.failbettergames.com/topic23229-a-disgraceful-spectacle.aspx

Seeking question, since that’s all I ever seem to have. When going for Chains, does that send you to the storylet that increases your Criminal Record or just straight to jail, do not pass go, etc? It’s amusing to be concerned about the usage of Ablution when the whole character will be thrown down a well, but damn if the solution isn’t just the solution at times.[/quote]
Straight to jail, do not pass go, do not lose $2000 etc. Ironically, this makes it a good way to go to jail if you need to for some reason. better than burning 321 levels hell, anyways. Thanks for the help, I must have derped pretty bad.
edited by Grenem on 9/28/2016