Weekly Questions, Beginning 26/09/2016

[quote=Henrique Brito]Do we have a date for the beginning of Hallowmas yet?[/quote]Nope. Last year it was Oct 26 - Nov 9, so probably in around four weeks!

On the mobile app I have the option (via a pen button at the top right) to record to my journal the description section of storylets–not sure what it’s called, but I mean the part before you pick an option. However, after I make my choice, I see no way to record the result. Which is unfortunate, since it’s usually the result that I like to record. Am I missing something, or is journal functionality reduced on the app?

[quote=Henrique Brito][quote=Sir Goomy]
What’s the most efficent way of farming &quotThe Fidgeting Writer&quot? (Methods, resource managment, etc.)[/quote]
I like to cash out on the deal with a devil, I haven’t done the math but it feels lucrative, and also the lovely hellfarer quality.[/quote]

The Fidgeting Writer is most efficient when you take it all the way to completion for Coruscating Souls. The spreadsheet that an_ocelot put together is the best single place to look if you plan to make it a dedicated farm. There are higher EPA ways to acquire many of the materials in small amounts via opportunity cards, but not in the amounts necessary for high throughput.

Is there a way to fix the Message queue (left side of screen - &quotMy Messages&quot)? It used to sort based on order sent, so I could easily verify that the last thing I wanted to send had been sent.

It changed this week so that it groups by the type of thing - coffees together, than spars, etc.

I much preferred the chronological sort.

Is there a way to change it back individually?

Mine is still chronological – could it be a bug?

Best ways to increase shadowy early game?

Pickpocket’s Promenade in Spite I’d say.

And how would you use it for optimal shadowy gain? keep in mind that at this point I’m primarily after stat gain in a way that isn’t both alt-abuse and completely dull.

I think I may not optimize to the degree you do. I just recall it as being in the Alleys of Spite and offering a plethora of opportunities to steal from various people at various skill levels.

Now that I’m thinking about it more hard, I suspect Cat Catching (also Alleys of Spite) might be better mechanically, but catching the same ginger tom time after time gets boring fast whereas the promenade gives you cards to play with and puts you out of London as well (IIRC ofc).

[quote=absimiliard]I think I may not optimize to the degree you do. I just recall it as being in the Alleys of Spite and offering a plethora of opportunities to steal from various people at various skill levels.

Now that I’m thinking about it more hard, I suspect Cat Catching (also Alleys of Spite) might be better mechanically, but catching the same ginger tom time after time gets boring fast whereas the promenade gives you cards to play with and puts you out of London as well (IIRC ofc).[/quote]
Yes, well, this is a seeking speedrun account. I mean, it’s not going to be the fastest, but its goal is to get as far in seeking as it can as quickly as it can. Maybe I should just spring for shadowy gear, though.

What is the best way to raise A Scholar of the Correspondence from 7 to 10? [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Forgotten Quarter option closed at 7, and wiki tells me that my only stabily grindable options are: [/color]

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]1.[/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color]Perhaps you can remember something useful - but it seems too costly, since I just recently made POSI
2. [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Empress’ Court: [/color]Somewhat challenging music[color=#ffffff] - but composing so many symphonies looks like it’ going to take forever.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Can’t use [/color]A merry wager[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)] in university since I’m too far in a story. So are spending a hoard of rare items or composing about 26 symphonies really my only options? And if they are, which is better?[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]

Did you make your name? Making your name is a very good way of increasing a stat so you should probably just progress here.

[quote=Puzzlewell]What is the best way to raise A Scholar of the Correspondence from 7 to 10? [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Forgotten Quarter option closed at 7, and wiki tells me that my only stabily grindable options are: [/color]

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]1.[/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color]Perhaps you can remember something useful - but it seems too costly, since I just recently made POSI
2. [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Empress’ Court: [/color]Somewhat challenging music[color=#ffffff] - but composing so many symphonies looks like it’ going to take forever.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Can’t use [/color]A merry wager[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)] in university since I’m too far in a story. So are spending a hoard of rare items or composing about 26 symphonies really my only options? And if they are, which is better?[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color][/quote]

Somewhat Challenging music is probably the best way to raise it, you can also try drawing cards in the Bazaar side streets for a really rare card that can increase it to 10 too, and I heard one fate locked story gives you a pet that adds a card where you can increase it, though im not 100% sure.
edited by The Master on 9/30/2016
edited by The Master on 9/30/2016

Fate locked pet that raises SoTC is confirmed.
edited by suinicide on 9/30/2016

Did you make your name? Making your name is a very good way of increasing a stat so you should probably just progress here.[/quote]
At the robberies, have an ~50% chance of success with optimal gear on the easiest route, stealing painting for the topsy king to accelerate shadowy gain, but that also magnifies suspicion gain, and it seems casing may be lost upon entry to prison. I just discovered how completely broken the fighting rings are for stat gain- and was wondering if there was a shadowy analogue. [The first ring, if you keep your dangerous with gear below 60, (i.e. rattus faber) gives +20 cp dangerous, win or lose. It does take an echo in rostygold if you lose, but it’s good stat training. the second, if you keep dangerous below 70, gives +25. the third, if you keep dangerous below 80, gives +30. I consider this to be faintly gamebreaking, as my dangerous breaks 100 in less time than it took to get watchful to 70- though that is with gear for both.]
edited by Grenem on 10/1/2016

So, I tend to get…a lot of Nightmares, and consequently I spend a lot of time in the Mirror Marches and the Royal Bethlehem. Will my &quotWalking the Falling Cities&quot and &quotSeeing with the Eyes of Icarus&quot qualities unlock stories? They seem to be relatively high and I’m not seeing any storylets that .require those qualities

They both unlock a short storyline or even storylet or alternate route through a story on an associated card [which will show up whether you have the qualities or not once you meet a certain requirement.] and after that they’re just collectable and collateral boosting.

Much like approaching the gates of the garden, or the mirror one and clay men.

I have two Mood cards.

Is it possible to, as it were, wear two hats at once? Or not?

[quote=suinicide]Fate locked pet that raises SoTC is confirmed.
edited by suinicide on 9/30/2016[/quote]

Really? Could you PM me with the name of the pet? Thanks.

[quote=Teaspoon]I have two Mood cards.

Is it possible to, as it were, wear two hats at once? Or not?[/quote]

It is not possible.

And to the other question, im not 100% sure but im pretty sure it’s this one… http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Corresponding_Ocelot

No need for a pm here I think, still, I think someone should confirm this since I never actually played the story.