Weekly Questions, Beginning 25/07/2016

'Twas Monday, and the weekly Q’s,
Did ponder and wonder in the thread;
All answers were the forumites,
And the thanks were said.

What is the best grind route for Book of Hidden Bodies?

Unfortunately, none!
You have A fine day in the Flit (Go hunting for caches rare success), Cryptobotanical Champion which requires a lot of work or, as I did, draw cards in the Flit and trade Revolutionaries connections for Proscribed Material and manufacture the book in the Bazaar streets.
You can gain Revolutionaries connections in FQ from Public Lecture.
It will take some time, but it’s a steady grind and you can take care of other PoSI item crafting.
Good luck!
EDIT: Nice RP on that package! :)
edited by Skinnyman on 7/25/2016

Unfortunately, none!
You have A fine day in the Flit (Go hunting for caches rare success), Cryptobotanical Champion which requires a lot of work or, as I did, draw cards in the Flit and trade Revolutionaries connections for Proscribed Material and manufacture the book in the Bazaar streets.
You can gain Revolutionaries connections in FQ from Public Lecture.
It will take some time, but it’s a steady grind and you can take care of other PoSI item crafting.
Good luck!
EDIT: Nice RP on that package! :)
edited by Skinnyman on 7/25/2016[/quote]

Off to grinding, then!
And thank you! I didn’t want to just send it without at least a couple of lines

Is there a good source for Prisoners’ Honey? I’ve been using Veilgarden honey dens (wine exchange) and props, but I’d be grateful if anyone knows of a more plentiful source.

Doing the Decent things for PoSI, Discussing philosophy, if you have access to the Court, which offers some MW or Call in favours at the Shuttered Palace which costs 120 Bohemians CP.

Thank you! I’m with Byron in matters of the court, sadly (or not) But the favour option is good.

I’m a bit lost about what to do next. I’m a mid game Correspondent, survivor of the AotB, have my stats between 140 and 160, all three 4-card lodgings and all non Fate-locked Advanced items (recent devaluation of my country’s native currency made Fate a bit too expensive for me). Completed Polythreme, Republic, Labyrinth, etc.
As far as I see, there’re the following options for me

• Grind stats and scraps for a prestige class and 5-card lodging (boring)
  • Grind money to buy all the best possible equipment from the Bazaar (even more boring)
  • Find an Eyeless Skull somehow and go for the Cave of Nadir
  • Advance the dreams qualities in the hope that they’ll lead somewhere
  • Follow the Ambition

I would appreciate any guidance on which way to go and also any hints on how to find more content with actual plots to follow.

Thank you!
edited by Wojciech on 7/26/2016
edited by Wojciech on 7/26/2016

• I love the Nadir, but it’s an odd one. Go there if you enjoyed the Iron Republic and other non-traditional stories. Ask another player for an Eyeless Skull on this thread.
  • Ambitions are among the most dramatic and rich stories out there. Is the Ambition you picked not to your taste?
  • I enjoy all the Dream qualities, but most don’t have a detailed story. What the Thunder Said? cards have a chance of unlocking the Stormy Eyed options, so use those for sure.
  • Seek the enigmas of the Tiger Keeper if you are a puzzle solver
  • Hard to say what exactly you’ve done, but you may see enjoy the challenge of high Master Thief challenges, Port Carnelian governerships, chess with the boatman, or other repeatable content. You won’t get full new stories this way if you’ve already done them once, but you’ll see some new text.

If none of this appeals, take a break from the game and return during a seasonal festival or after a big content update.

Thank you, TheThirdPolice. Especially for the link to the Eyeless Skull thread.
I like my ambition; it’s however, quite costly and complicated to follow, so it takes some time.

And I’ve never played chess with a boatman. Might as well try it once!

A connected (perhaps?) question: is there a way, outside of a festival, to obtain a Destiny card?

The ambitions are really quite interesting; I hope you enjoy yours.

Here is a boasting (for there’s no other word for it) of various things players have done:
Http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9823-useless-advancements.aspx

If i want to become a Notary or a Doctor, have 3 Notability and right level of skill, should i also drop my current profession BEFORE drawing the ‘An unsigned message’ card? Or can i leave the profession when the said card appears?

You can drop your profession when you draw the card(since it’s not a very common card) because the options to become a doctor or a notary can only be seen if you have no profession.

Will there still be a Fruits Of The Zee Festival this year?

that seems to be the plan, and i see no reason for it to change. I mean, we might not get new content- making it just a less-than-optimal carosel and a shortcut to mutton island for veterans, [since the event is easy to do the first try] but it’s likely very little trouble for them to implement, and some of the dialogue will be interesting to replay after a year, even if the fishing is mostly pointless.
edited by Grenem on 7/27/2016

[quote=Wojciech]I’m a bit lost about what to do next. I’m a mid game Correspondent, survivor of the AotB, have my stats between 140 and 160, all three 4-card lodgings and all non Fate-locked Advanced items (recent devaluation of my country’s native currency made Fate a bit too expensive for me). Completed Polythreme, Republic, Labyrinth, etc.
snip[/quote]
Here’s a thread which may seem helpful in finding new crazy goals.
EDIT:

Ben talks about A Paramount Presence and here’s a post from an old thread regarding this matter.
edited by Skinnyman on 7/27/2016

Does anyone have any idea what will next ES be about? It is due tomorrow, right?

We only have this, which is pretty d__n informative.

We only have this, which is pretty d__n informative.[/quote]
Revolutionaries, then? Well, I suppose it is only logical, since it is the title of season.

We only have this, which is pretty d__n informative.[/quote]

Glad to know more about the Calendar Council, if it is. There are still 5 mysterious Months who have never appeared directly or indirectly. Could it be August? Lost in Reflections came out in July 2015.
edited by Fadewalker on 7/27/2016