Weekly Questions, Beginning 22/08/2016

I generally use Affair of the Box or the Velocipede Squad to grind wine. I can’t say what is the most efficient method, though.

How can you buff Melancholy to 12? Gotta grieve for er… a friend I guess.

It’s time-consuming, but Hunter’s Keep is supposed to get you to eleven. Then you spend a month getting Restitution for the Drowned Man on Marsh-Mired, and that’s your twelve.

And never, ever, do anything for an Urchin.

edit: I’ve just run the Hunter’s Keep carousel, and it says it won’t raise melancholy past nine now, which is of no use if you already ground up to ten in teh Festival like I did. At present I know of three options: fate, several months of the Restitution card and only that card for your Marsh-Mired (and heaven help you if you decrease the quality by accident) or stuff it and go raise Heartless to seven instead, which is much simpler. You can change the question later on.

I was going to Grieve but even for Seeking this seems pettifogging.
edited by Teaspoon on 8/27/2016

If you like to throw your wine in the trash, warming your tears of the Bazaar can give you melancholy up to 15 but…well…its really expensive.

@Teaspoon and @The Master. Thanks but that’s too much and the option to change sounds good too. So I think I’ll change my question to: How to get Heartless up to 7?

With a Clay Sedan Chair - for a little sport! ;)

Being a pirate can get it up pretty easily, just remember that there are 2 cards on the zee for this, one that increases ruthless, and one that increases heartless.

The Sedan Chair and zailing options are both after you get to POSI.

Anyone can use the Rubbery card - Slime and Amber; Lure the creature into a quiet alley…and end its miserable rubbery existence. That will take your Heartless to 10 but lowers your Magnanimous.
edited by reveurciel on 8/27/2016

Any chance you became a Spirifer in the Soul’s Trade?

Hadn’t there been a guide to raising Quirks? I remember one from when I was new on the forums.
Btw, does anyone knows the best way to increase Connected: Church without Austerity boost?

Any chance you became a Spirifer in the Soul’s Trade?[/quote]

Myseeker alt hasn’t played Soul’s Trade yet :(

[quote=BlabberingMat]Hadn’t there been a guide to raising Quirks? I remember one from when I was new on the forums.
Btw, does anyone knows the best way to increase Connected: Church without Austerity boost?[/quote]

Great game/church conflict card doesn’t increase austere, bohemian/church card apparently increases austere if you do the dangerous option but the wiki says it doesn’t when you use the persuasive option, didn’t test it myself though.

From here:

[quote]And finally, as Daniel + Sharon say, if anyone stumbles on this page next year, they’ll be able to purchase the additional content. We changed this from last week from ‘Yes we might’ to ‘Yes we will’. So if you want it later, you can have it later, but you’ll need to wait a while and you won’t get the early purchase discount. The text from the FAQs is here:
&quotNEW: Will the backer-only content ever be available to non-backers after Sunless Sea is launched?
It would be a shame to rule it out for people who never heard of the KS - but we want to reward our backers properly. So we will only offer it (i) a minimum of six months after delivery to backers (ii) at a higher price than the pledge level that allows it.&quot[/quote]

Has there been any news about the availability of backer only content for all players?

It hasn’t quite been 6 months since the last piece of backer-only content was released, if I’m correct. I fully expect it will all be released in due time.

I thought all the content had been released long ago! All is well, then, I thought I just missed some semi-secret release.

I vaguely remember somewhere that when the Bazaar took over London the Masters made the Pound equal to a penny which in turn results in an Echo being worth 100 Pounds.

I can’t seem to find that snippet anymore though so I’m not sure if I read something wrong or misremembered.

[quote=Blaine Davidson]I vaguely remember somewhere that when the Bazaar took over London the Masters made the Pound equal to a penny which in turn results in an Echo being worth 100 Pounds.

I can’t seem to find that snippet anymore though so I’m not sure if I read something wrong or misremembered.[/quote]
well, it sounds plausible- i mean, boat rentals for ten pennies is… suspiciously cheap, if it’s london ratios. I mean, time is weird here, but… that still seems odd.

I know this is a lore question but I dont want to make a whole thread about this.

&quot[i]Your captain won’t look you in the eyes. &quotThe Deconstruction,&quot she whispers. &quotIt took everything we had. It gave us this.&quot She holds out a bundle of watchful mechanisms.&quot

[/i]this happens when you sponsor a trading voyage to the farthest reaches of the zee, and I have no idea what this is supposed to mean…does anyone else?

[quote=The Master]I know this is a lore question but I dont want to make a whole thread about this.

&quotYour captain won’t look you in the eyes. &quotThe Deconstruction,&quot she whispers. &quotIt took everything we had. It gave us this.&quot She holds out a bundle of watchful mechanisms.&quot

this happens when you sponsor a trading voyage to the farthest reaches of the zee, and I have no idea what this is supposed to mean…does anyone else?[/quote]
They zailed to a place called the Deconstruction and it took everything and gave them some clockwork. I think the Deconstruction was supposed to be a location in Sunless Sea, but it was never implemented.
edited by Anne Auclair on 8/29/2016