Weekly Questions, Beginning 22/08/2016

Evening all! I’m about to ship off to the Iron Republic, and I would like to know if there are any items I need to stock up on for the trip. Also, would I lose my Reported Location of a One-time Prince of Hell if I go? Thanks in advance.

Is there any info available about the coming ES and/or the Seasonal Turn-In? We’re only 1 day away from the new ES season, but I’ve heard no news about either of them.

Most certain, but it’ll probably be available around the 1st of September as the last was on the 1st of June. Can’t wait to enjoy my first season’s trade-in!

Exceptional Stories are released on the last Thursday of the month. The last one was released on July 28th, and so the next one is indeed due tomorrow.

You definitely won’t lose your Location. However, there is some mysterious storylet which may cause you to lose all of your ordinary souls, though I honestly don’t know which (and it hasn’t yet happened to me). I don’t remember needing anything in particular either.

You definitely won’t lose your Location. However, there is some mysterious storylet which may cause you to lose all of your ordinary souls, though I honestly don’t know which (and it hasn’t yet happened to me). I don’t remember needing anything in particular either.[/quote]

You only lose 200 standart Souls there, so it isn’t that bad. As for items, you don’t need to bring anything but a good attitude, an open window with the IR’s map and vitriol for the Ambitious Barrister.

I’m about to attempt breeding for a Bifurcated Owl. Does this require Empyrean Redolence? (I have it, if so.) I’m worried the option will be there to use it or not, and I’ll lose my other… pets… by making the wrong choice.

[quote=Wicked Wonderland]I’m about to attempt breeding for a Bifurcated Owl. Does this require Empyrean Redolence? (I have it, if so.) I’m worried the option will be there to use it or not, and I’ll lose my other… pets… by making the wrong choice.[/quote]No, it doesn’t require the Redolence, but 500 Pages of Cryptopaleontological Notes.
Breeding the Owl is different from the other pets: there is a storylet called Breed a Beast which you can find under &quotOrganise your research&quot in your Lodgings.
Note that you can only do this if you’ve been kicked out of the University!

Done, done, and done. As soon as I land in London, it’s time for science~

Exceptional Stories are released on the last Thursday of the month. The last one was released on July 28th, and so the next one is indeed due tomorrow.[/quote]
Trade in, not the next EF. The last was on the 1st so I’m guessing we’ll have it on the 1st of September. :)

Actually, that’s not quite accurate.

To breed the owl you need to have used the ER to breed several other pets as well. This is obtainable only through two separate Fate locked purchases, one of which is the ER you’ve mentioned but the other requires Flute Street.

Is the fruit of the zee festival a worthwhile way of raising quirks, by deliberately picking risky fishing methods until you fail them? Or are there better methods?

Depends on the quirk. The fishing challenges only raise them up to 5, and it usually isn’t hard to get a quirk up to that point (though it often involves opportunity cards). I’d say it’s a nice side benefit if you can run up some low quirks while trying for a low strange catch score to get the Scrimshander knife or Effluvia, but there are probably more efficient ways if the quirk is your primary goal.

[quote=phryne]
Note that you can only do this if you’ve been kicked out of the University![/quote]

Tis a shame I won’t ever be able, even if I do eventually cough up the Fate. I’m not getting Alys kicked out of the University – certainly not her style with where she would be in her timeline when the opportunity presented itself.

It seems I was lost in Nadir for about five months. Am I actually out our still hallucinating?
edited by Talkes on 8/25/2016

I found out that upgrading high-level Mystery items takes a terrible lot of Benthic connections. Is there a faster way to get it than at 5CP/Action for helping a colleague with a problem? (I’ve been kicked out of the University, so those actions are closed to me)

[quote=shylarah][quote=phryne]
Note that you can only do this if you’ve been kicked out of the University![/quote]

Tis a shame I won’t ever be able, even if I do eventually cough up the Fate. I’m not getting Alys kicked out of the University – certainly not her style with where she would be in her timeline when the opportunity presented itself.[/quote]
You don’t have to actually get kicked out, though. You just need to finish the University storyline.
[li]

You can donation expedition results for connections but it’s expensive compared to what you could get if you sold the payout. There’s also the university endowment item from the Bazaar.

I am swearing at myself for investing a lot of time in a Screaming Map, getting to Polythreme, and only then realising that this place is completely and utterly useless for a Seeker.

Any ideas on what might not be a waste of time for me to do?

Has anyone else seen breakwater? or is it just me? If you don’t know what I mean, the answer must be no.
edited by Grenem on 8/25/2016