Weekly Questions, Beginning 21/11/2016

It’s Monday! That means it’s the day to ask questions! (The secret is that -every- day is the day to ask questions - and this is the place to do it!)

Hmmm…(following up on my question from last week’s thread) so I can become a PoSI through my persuasive virtues without having to get kicked out of court? Is &quotmad, bad, dangerous&quot just a stage on the way to being fully banished?

Sorry to say that option is only available when you are kicked out of court.

That’s what I thought! On last week’s board there was some confusion about this, perhaps because of how I framed my question.

Thanks!

It’s worth noting that which option you choose when becoming a Person of Some Importance has no lasting effects - you can use any one you like.

I acquired and then used a Stone Tentacle-Key while pursuing my nemesis, but then had to return to London for some Portfolios of Souls. Will I need to pick up another key on my way back to the Republic?

No, just the one and you’ll be fine. If you do ever lose it, you can collect another one from the same location.

Excellent, many thanks! Regarding Portfolios, my current plan is to grind Infernal Contracts in Watchmaker’s Hill, and Souls in Spite, and to pick up Brilliant Souls through sideconversions (ultimately from Foxfire Candles, since I can leverage a decent Persuasive to grind them in Veilgarden). Is that sensible, or are there better ways that I’m missing? My Shadowy and low Connected: Hell make the Soul grind a bit nerve-wracking.

I’m at Stormy Eyed 21 and What The Thunder Said 12. Do I have to hit EXACTLY Stormy Eyed 19 and What The Thunder Said 15 in order to enter the Mind of a Long Dead God? Or does The Thunder Takes Me Away activate at any level of Stormy Eyed equal to or greater than 19? In other words, do I need to start thinking about reducing my Stormy Eyed to 19? Or can I enter the mind armed with my extra Stormy Eyed?[li]

You don’t need to reduce stormy eyed. If you have enough there should be an option in your lodgings.

Great, thanks

The option appear everywhere and it can get a bit annoying after a while, but I’m just delaying my visit just to check if the Urchins will have the 40 Renown item there.
As Sackmass is close and it’s my first, I have a few questions regarding Noman. From Wiki and forum, it needs to be &quotfed&quot to keep alive and requires a great investment to get the tattoo.

1. Now, to get that tattoo I need to have two already which means I can only get it, if nothing changes, in 2019 as I don’t have any marks on my skin.
  2. I see Noman’s Progress card pops a lot and there are cheaper options to increase Noman’s Friend, but this can only be done during Sackmass meaning that you need to rely on Vial of Tears of the Bazaar. Is this correct or one may get extremely lucky and be able to hold the Noman alive w/o any extravagant costs?
    Cheers!

EDIT: 3) With the Robe you can buy a home comfort item, but is any of those available as a reward from an ES or any other Fate content? My plan is to try all stories at least once and, as a hoarder, I don’t want to end up with two identical items.
edited by Skinnyman on 11/23/2016

1. I think there’s two types of tattoos for the noman, a regular one and one for people already with two tattoos.
  2. Yes, I’m pretty sure lacre and tears of the bazaar are the only ways to save your noman.
  3. you can also get them if you use fate to enter the cave of the nadir.

[quote=Skinnyman]The option appear everywhere and it can get a bit annoying after a while, but I’m just delaying my visit just to check if the Urchins will have the 40 Renown item there.
As Sackmass is close and it’s my first, I have a few questions regarding Noman. From Wiki and forum, it needs to be &quotfed&quot to keep alive and requires a great investment to get the tattoo.

1. Now, to get that tattoo I need to have two already which means I can only get it, if nothing changes, in 2019 as I don’t have any marks on my skin.
  2. I see Noman’s Progress card pops a lot and there are cheaper options to increase Noman’s Friend, but this can only be done during Sackmass meaning that you need to rely on Vial of Tears of the Bazaar. Is this correct or one may get extremely lucky and be able to hold the Noman alive w/o any extravagant costs?
    Cheers!

EDIT: 3) With the Robe you can buy a home comfort item, but is any of those available as a reward from an ES or any other Fate content? My plan is to try all stories at least once and, as a hoarder, I don’t want to end up with two identical items.
edited by Skinnyman on 11/23/2016[/quote]

1. The small Gant tattoo of the Noman requires you to already have 2 Tattoos. However, there are regular Tattoos for the Noman as well. You can actually have both if you rework your tattoos.

2. Extravagant cost is going to be a thing, but there are a couple ways to go about it. One is to use a large number of Tears of the Bazaar. The other is to save up your resources so you can buy a large number of Pails of So-Called-Snow (I believe it’s a slightly cheaper option, but riskier because you need to draw the Urchin card a lot). You can see the range of balances people had going into last year here. I made it with 30 pails and only a few tears.

3. As was previously mentioned, when your at the Nadir step where you need to get a Ray Drenched Cinder you can spend fate to get the cinder and also one of the Robe home comforts. It’s even possible to repeat this if you don’t turn in the Cinder right away, but the Fate cost will add up fast. As far as I know there is no other way to get those home comforts.

Great, thank you both!

1. I was talking about the Gant tattoo of the Noman, but I didn’t know a regular one was possible. Think in 2018 I’ll go for it as I’m trying to get an Ubergoat and the other grinds are already to much; I’m behind last ES plus the 3 I got for a discount. Is it correct that the regular tattoos have no use except the BDR part?
  2. Again, think I’ll be oki with all the requirements in 2019 if I’ll still play by then (I do hope I will!).
  3. I forgot to mention about the Nadir which I already unlocked and that 50 Fate was way to much for me at that time. My guess is that it’s the only option for it. Excluding the home comfort items, one can get the 2 Shadow pony. Damn, lots and lots of choices!

Now, a new one!
4) The Sackmass Fate locked options for the days: can only pick one of those, you can choose the corresponding option every time it appears and you lose the quality (or what it is) only in the last day when you pick the valuable treasure. All correct?

P.S.: Damn, lot of Fate required for these, February festival and the upcoming KS campaign… :| :D

EDIT:

1. Damn…! I guess I can unlock these conversations when I’ll get the Gant tattoo of the Noman, but the eagerness!
    edited by Skinnyman on 11/24/2016

Correct.

Correct. But, as with all seasonal content, don’t take it for granted that it will behave this year exactly as it did before.

So, TTH came yesterday. I have 5 notability. This morning, I find my MW is under 2 and can’t recall doing anything that could have stripped it back that far. Anybody have any idea? I’ve been acquiring supplies in the FQ and looking for curious mostly…

Only thing I can think of is that you probably increased your Notability to 5 and your MW was set to 5. When TtH visited you she took away half of your MW (rounded down) and you ended up with level 2.

What happens when you assemble your screaming map?

You will be able to visit Polythreme if you have a ship(Though the island contains alot of pain and suffering, so good luck if you go there).