Weekly Questions, Beginning 20/03/2017

[quote=SeveredJoke][quote=DrMoriviri][quote=SeveredJoke]

If you have a boat there are a number of opportunities on Hunter’s Keep to increase ATG.[/quote]

Yes i have a boat, but I haven’t zailed yet because I’m working on a novel at the empress’ court. Out of curiosity, what’s your possible destinations when zailing? (barring the destinations that needs an item, like polythreme or the iron republic)[/quote]

There’s a few that I can see, Hunter’s Keep and erm…another one. The other locations are linked to items or storylets involving scientific discoveries which I think are related to the Dilmun Club (still working on my books of hidden bodies to get that one). Side note, I liked Polythreme! RNG screwed me on many an occassion but so many, many maniacs prayers for my troubles.[/quote]
The &quotanother one&quot is Mutton Island.

The list of locations with an unlock is as follows:
Port Carnelian requires getting kicked out of Court. Three islands require you to embark on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery, which requires completing the University storyline. The Iron Republic requires an item from the Numismatrix. The Sea of Voices, which contains Polythreme and one of the three Science Islands, requires the Screaming Map.

Some Ambitions have their own island destinations.

One or two destinations are &quotImpossible&quot (i.e. not implemented yet, like Paramount Presence).

There is also NORTH.

…Seeking also lets you zail to the chapel of lights and south, although they’re pretty irrelevant unless you’re seeking (or playing Flint? I haven’t done it)

How can i join the Knife-and-Candle?

[li]
Knife-and-Candle is currently on hiatus, and we don’t know when it will return.

I heard , read that the affair of the box carrousel gives good echo. What are the end point of the carrousel when I need to return to the begining so I can start a new the carousel?

Once your Survivor of the Affair of the Box quality hits 12, you’ll open the carousel. You raise a Boxful of Intrigue quality until the point where you either continue the story or cash in with the Rewards of Intrigue storylet. Eventually the story ends, but you can always cash in, and at 40 Empire’s Kingmaker (another quality that is raised through repeated carousels), you can get Mourning Candles. Also you’ll want to fight against the masters so you get additional Correspondence Plaques, bumping up the EPA to 1.64.

I’ve recently rebooted a character and while clicking away got a strange pop-in screen:

Excellent! The Bazaar looks forward to your arrival. We will message you the instant that we re-open! We urge patience.

In the meantime, feel free to enjoy the reading material we have provided for you; or enjoy a charming vignette of a selected district of our marvellously subterranean city.

I’ve been playing since July and THIS is new to me. Is it a simple congested servers error message? What arrival? What reading material? What vignette? There was a link, and I clicked on it, but it just brought me back to the game.

Yeah that’s just a message you’ll get everyonce and a while, doesn’t mean anything.

thanks.

[quote=PSGarak][quote=SeveredJoke][quote=DrMoriviri][quote=SeveredJoke]

If you have a boat there are a number of opportunities on Hunter’s Keep to increase ATG.[/quote]

Yes i have a boat, but I haven’t zailed yet because I’m working on a novel at the empress’ court. Out of curiosity, what’s your possible destinations when zailing? (barring the destinations that needs an item, like polythreme or the iron republic)[/quote]

There’s a few that I can see, Hunter’s Keep and erm…another one. The other locations are linked to items or storylets involving scientific discoveries which I think are related to the Dilmun Club (still working on my books of hidden bodies to get that one). Side note, I liked Polythreme! RNG screwed me on many an occassion but so many, many maniacs prayers for my troubles.[/quote]
The &quotanother one&quot is Mutton Island.

The list of locations with an unlock is as follows:
Port Carnelian requires getting kicked out of Court. Three islands require you to embark on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery, which requires completing the University storyline. The Iron Republic requires an item from the Numismatrix. The Sea of Voices, which contains Polythreme and one of the three Science Islands, requires the Screaming Map.

Some Ambitions have their own island destinations.

One or two destinations are &quotImpossible&quot (i.e. not implemented yet, like Paramount Presence).

There is also NORTH.[/quote]

Helpful thank you. I’m just on Mutton Island now enjoying the Wickerman / Lovecraft feel. Not so keen on my dangerously high nightmares. Do the university storylines open up with the Dilmun Club? I’ve been kicked out after the big storyline.

Good to know the screaming map isn’t just for Polythreme.

Kicked out of court? Is that the aim of the opaque ‘inspiration’ grind fest?

There are several things that involve the Dilmun Club, in one sense or another. The one that opens up the university expeditions starts with His Amused Lordship’s valet.

With the Veteran Privy Counselor? Yes. (I’m guessing from the phrasing that you’ll be glad to put that behind you. In case you’re not, however, be aware that you can postpone your abrupt exit from court as long as you want to.)

Are you going to spend any money on this game? Then yeah, there is a continuation.
Otherwise… no. You are stuck.[/quote]
I’m definitely thinking about putting some money in when I have the possibility, since the content is pretty good, but that’s not for now. I will ask again when it becomes relevant :)

Thank you all for the answers

[quote=Siankan]

With the Veteran Privy Counselor? Yes. (I’m guessing from the phrasing that you’ll be glad to put that behind you. In case you’re not, however, be aware that you can postpone your abrupt exit from court as long as you want to.)[/quote]
It should be said that writing a novel can help you enter the god’s editor (or in one case, can help you upgrade your ship to a zubmarine). It can also help raising your scholar of the correspondence to ten(if you choose to write a symphony). If you’re kicked out of the court, you no longer have these options.

Is it possible to obtain two Mementos of Passion? I’ve got Seen with the Barbed Wit 6 and Seen with the Acclaimed Beauty 5, but my character isn’t very Hedonistic - hence, options for settling both affairs at once are out of the question.

For a PoSI of unmodified stats 200, 137, 137, 157 (WSDP), what other methods of increasing Fascinating are available?[li]
edited by DonaghyLogan on 3/23/2017

Not on the question precisely, but have you considered just hanging out in Veilgarden until you get the quirk high enough. Practically everything involving the Bohemian mindset will increase it.

Not on the question precisely, but have you considered just hanging out in Veilgarden until you get the quirk high enough. Practically everything involving the Bohemian mindset will increase it.[/quote]

I’ve considered it, but I’d ideally prefer my character to keep her 10 Austere. Any methods of increasing Hedonist without decreasing Austere?

[li]

You might want to consider searching the wiki before asking these kinds of questions.

From a mechanical standpoint, Austere is so easy to get up with Church cards, etc. that it’s probably not worth worrying about. From an RP standpoint, precisely how austere is a character who’s planning what you suggest? Even if it’s overall out of character for Prof. Logan, I think it’s fair to say that she’s having an episode that definitely shows less than monkish austerity.

From a mechanical standpoint, Austere is so easy to get up with Church cards, etc. that it’s probably not worth worrying about. From an RP standpoint, precisely how austere is a character who’s planning what you suggest? Even if it’s overall out of character for Prof. Logan, I think it’s fair to say that she’s having an episode that definitely shows less than monkish austerity.[/quote]

I ended up deciding to choose the Barbed Wit over the Acclaimed Beauty. I think I just had to pursue each of their stories further to decide which would suit Prof. Logan better. From an RP standpoint, a threesome on the throne would be a tad out of character!

[li]

You might want to consider searching the wiki before asking these kinds of questions.[/quote]

[li]
Thanks for the advice! I must be having trouble navigating the wiki - how might one cross-reference in the wiki for ways to increase one quality without affecting another? I looked at the wiki page for Hedonist increase, but there were far too many options that had an adverse effect on Austere for me to sort through them all manually.[/li][li]
edited by DonaghyLogan on 3/24/2017